A Song For You

Ttalgiya's Meme One Shot Collection

                Every night has been the same for the past couple of months.  My friend is the manager at a night club that’s not too far from where I live, so I’ve been going there every single night ever since she got the position.  She’s actually the one who keeps asking me to come.  I also don’t have anything else better to do so why not?  I even help out and get along with some of the other workers so I don’t think I’m a nuisance. 

                The night club also has really good entertainment.  But it isn’t entertainment most people would think when they hear the word “club.”  Various bands have their own set of nights they perform on and they’re all different styles as well.  For example, Mondays would have classical music while Tuesdays and Thursdays would have jazz.  But my favorite nights are Wednesdays and Fridays.  Not only is it R&B and Pop night, but the singer is absolutely amazing.

                Kim Jonghyun has a cute puppy-dog look that blends well with his powerful, husky voice.  He can hit his notes with such ease that it seems like he doesn’t even need to try.  If I could, I would listen to him sing all day.  But for now its only twice a week for a couple of hours a night.  What’s funny is that I’ve probably heard him sing more than talk.  I’ve never really gotten the chance to have a conversation with him.  I’m usually by the bar and of course he’s by the stage so its kind of hard for us to cross paths.

                I arrived at the club half an hour after it opened.  I was having a bad day at work so I decided to dress up a bit more than usual.  I wore a black, one shoulder dress that stopped halfway down my thigh.  It was pretty snug so it showed off my curves.  My cross strap, black heels matched perfectly with the dress.  Also, my hair was curled and was brought around to the right side of my head so it would drape down the front of my torso. 

                “You have a date tonight or something?” my friend asked as she was helping prepare some drinks. 

                “Nah,” I replied.  “Nothing was going right at work so I figured why not dress up to enjoy my night?” I shrugged before ordering a drink.  When I got it, I turned around to watch Jonghyun.  The suit he was wearing was fully black except for his grey necktie.  While his suit made him look sophisticated, his neatly combed brown hair made him look adorable.

                “All I want is you baby,” he sang in his falsetto voice.  “You’re my little pusher love girl, ain’t ya?  Just my little pusher love girl.”

                When there was nothing left in my glass, I turned back around to the bar.  “Could I have another one, please?” I asked, feeling sad all of a sudden.  Seeing Jonghyun reminded me that there was no way I’d ever have a chance in dating someone like that, especially someone who’s that talented.  I quietly sipped on my new drink as I continued to listen to Jonghyun’s soothing voice.

                “Hey, can you bring this to him?” the bartender asked, holding a glass of water.  “The song is almost done.”

                Hesitantly taking the glass, I looked up at him and said “Him?  Jonghyun?”

                “Yes, Jonghyun,” he replied impatiently.  “Now go, he only has a five minute break.”

                I quickly got off the stool while carefully holding the glass of water.  I started to get nervous so I had to hold the glass with both of my hands.  I didn’t want to mess this chance up by dropping his drink.  The song ended when I was halfway there and he announced that they were going to take a short break.  I was walking on the side so I wouldn’t get in anyone’s way or attract their attention.  Plus it leads straight to where Jonghyun is sitting.

                He was talking to his band members when I placed his glass on the table and mumbled “Here you go.”  I knew there was no point in trying to talk to him since he was occupied so I decided to head back to the bar.  But before I could even take another step, Jonghyun said “Wait!”  I nervously looked at him before raising an eyebrow. 

                “You work here, right?” he asked, his dark brown eyes locked on me.  I could also feel the eyes of his friends on me as well.

                “Actually, I don’t,” I replied.  “My friend is the manager.”

                “But you come here every night?” he questioned before bringing the glass of water to his lips.  I watched as he took a sip, then he gently wiped his bottom lip when he finished. 

                I shook my head and said “She asks me to come.  I swear I’m not that kind of girl.”  In the corner of my eye, I could see his friends giving weird looks to one another.  I could feel my whole world crashing down in this one moment. 

                “I’m not judging, it’s alright,” he laughed.  “I was just wondering since I see you whenever I’m here.”

                “Oh,” was all I could say.  I decided that I needed to head back to the bar before this conversation gets more awkward than it already is.  Before I did, I told him “It was nice talking to you for a bit.  Your singing is outstanding by the way.”

                “Wait!” he tried to stop me again.

                “Sorry, I really have to get back,” I lied, already walking towards the bar. 

                ~

                For the last three weeks I’ve been giving Jonghyun a glass of water every time he’s on a break.  After the first time, he requested to only have me bring his water to him.  I was flustered, yet overjoyed.  Each time I gave him his water, we held a small conversation that slowly got us to know each other a little more.

                “Why don’t you bring a water bottle?” I asked while I handed him his drink.

                “Don’t you like doing this for me?” he grinned as he took a sip.

                I pulled out the chair across from him and sat down.  “I’m not your servant,” I replied.  “Oh, I forgot to tell you that I’m going to stay afterwards to help clean up.  My friend is stressed out so I want to make things a little easier for her.”

                “That’s nice of you,” he smiled.  “I’ll be here afterwards too since we have to pack all our stuff up.”

                I nodded in reply as he set his empty glass down before proceeding towards the stage.  I sat here for a bit, staring at his glass.  I then wrapped my fingers around it and went back to the bar.  Jonghyun started to sing the moment I stood up.  I didn’t exactly know what song he was singing to because I was too busy smiling to myself.  Our conversations may not be much, but its what I look forward to throughout the week.

                When closing time came, everyone immediately started to clean up.  My friend went home ten minutes ago and trusted me with locking up the club.  I was helping the bartender wipe down the counter when I said “You can go home now, I’ll take care of the rest.”

                “Really?” he questioned.  “Thanks, you’re the best!”  He gave me a pat on the arm before he took off.

                I looked over to the stage and saw that the band had already gotten all their stuff together.  To my surprise, Jonghyun was walking towards me.  He flicked his head to get his bangs out of his face and adjusted his suit.  We both smiled when our eyes met and I started to get nervous.  I quickly finished cleaning the counter then put the rag off to the side.

                “Do you have a ride home?” he asked, taking a seat on one of the stools.

                “I usually walk home but since its late I’m gonna take a cab,” I said while leaning over the counter.

                “I can take you home,” he offered.  “My friends are leaving now but I told them that I’m going to stay for a bit.”

                I bit on my lip and asked “You sure?  You really don’t mind?”

                He nodded before his face lit up.  “Hey!  I have a song for you!” he exclaimed, quickly getting off the stool and already heading towards the stage.

                “A song?...  For me?” I asked in confusion as I followed him. 

                Jonghyun an amplifier and connected a microphone to it.  He did a quick sound check before sitting on the edge of the stage.  He patted the spot next to him for me to sit so I did.  He glanced at me with a shy smile on his face and said “This song came on shuffle when I was listening to my iPod yesterday and I thought of you.” 

                He brought the microphone to his lips and began to sing the song acapella.  “These lips... can’t wait to taste your skin… Baby.”  From time to time he would glance at me and smile.  A couple of times he would hold his gaze.  I could feel my face heat up instantly and I tried to look away but he turned my face back so I would be looking at him.  “Just let my love, just let my love adorn you...  Please baby.”

                When Jonghyun finished, he slowly his hand down my cheek as he looked into my eyes and said, “I like you too much… I think I’m in trouble.” 

                I took his hand in mine as he put his microphone down.  “That makes two of us,” I replied, giving his hand a squeeze.  Then, both of us leaned in.

Jonghyun used to sing at a club I went to every night and one day, he slowly his hand down my cheek as he looked into my eyes and then he said, “I like you too much… I think I’m in trouble.”

 

Written by: Kiwi923       

~

Ugh I could not think of a good title at all OTL Sorry.. But thanks for reading!! c: