Pastries in the Past

Ttalgiya's Meme One Shot Collection

                I grumbled as I heard my phone ringing loudly.  I was hoping to sleep in on this Saturday, but I guess not.  Whoever is calling, it better not be someone who got the wrong number.  Those people irritate me.  I then lazily reached for it before bringing it up to my ear.  “Hello?” I mumbled.

                “Hey, sorry to wake you up but… Go out to your balcony,” said the voice on the other side of the phone.

                “What?” I mumbled in reply before sitting up straight.  “You and your surprises,” I sighed.  I hung up and set my phone on the side so I could stretch my arms out.  I quickly went to the bathroom for a few minutes to straighten up a bit before going out to the balcony. 

                When I opened the door, the same smiling Daesung I’ve always loved was standing before me.  Next to him was a table with waffles and a plate with different kinds of fruit.  Judging by the ice cream scooper, he probably had some waiting in the freezer.  I smiled at the sight before me and I’m glad that he woke me up for this. 

                “Happy three year anniversary,” he said, holding his arms out to me. 

                “Happy three years,” I replied, running into his arms.  He squeezed me tightly as he whispered an “I love you” into my ear.  It sent a tingly feeling down my spine, which caused me to tighten my grip around him too.  My smile widened and I whispered it back into his ear before pulling away.  As always, he was smiling brightly.  Those pearly whites always brighten up my day, no matter how bad it is.

                “Happy that I made your favorite breakfast?” he asked while pulling out the chair for me.

                 “I would be happy with anything you’d make for me,” I replied, sitting down “Unless you give me oatmeal, then no.”

                He let out a small laugh as he sat down on the chair across of me.  “I remember you telling me that on our first date together,” he said while putting a waffle on both of our plates.  “I thought you were weird,” he laughed.

                I stuck my tongue out at him “I thought you were weird too.”

                “Yeah but – Oh wait, the ice cream!” he quickly got up and went to the kitchen.  When he came back, he placed two big scoops of vanilla ice cream on our plates. 

                “So you actually remember our first date?” I asked as he sat back down. 

                “Of course, why wouldn’t I?”

                “Some guys usually don’t remember things like that.”  But I’m glad that he’s one of the guys that do.  My first boyfriend forgot that I was allergic to shell fish, and the day after I told him about it, he fed me pasta that had shrimp in it.  I was in the hospital for a couple of days, and a week later, he offered me crab!  I’m really glad that Daesung is good at remembering things.

                He smiled while putting a few strawberries on his plate.  “I even remember the first time we met,” he said “Your hair was about a foot shorter than it is now… And you were really clumsy… Still are, but not as much as then.”

                I listened carefully to his words as I cut the corner of the waffle on my plate.  I remember that day as if it just happened…

                ~

                “Why do I always have to go on errands with you?” I grumbled to my friend as I struggled to carry her grocery bags.  I don’t mind going with her once in a while, but she’s been making me go everywhere with her recently.  I sort of have a life…

                “Ah stop complaining,” she said while hitting me with one of the bags in her hands.  “I’m taking you to your favorite bakery so shush.”

                I made a face to her, not wanting to say any more or she might change her mind.  I’m glad that she’s taking me there because I simply love the pastries.  Plus I’ve had my eye on one of the workers.  He’s been there for almost a month now and I haven’t even said a word to him.  He usually cleans or helps make the orders, but never takes them or serves them.

                He has the greatest smile I’ve ever seen.  In fact, it was the first thing that attracted me to him.  I haven’t seen him at school so he either goes to another one or has already graduated.  Unfortunately, I don’t know his name either.

                When my friend and I entered the shop, I frowned when I didn’t see him anywhere.  I let out a sigh as we set our bags down.  “I’ll go order for us.  What do you want?” I asked my friend as she handed me the money for food.

                “An ice tea and a blueberry muffin,” she replied, smiling a bit.

                When I walked up to the counter, the only guy there was busy preparing other drinks.  He told me that he’ll be done soon, but when the back door opened, he told that worker to take my order.  To my surprise, it was the boy that I was hoping to see.  I almost freaked out but I tried to maintain myself as much as I could.  He gave me his killer smile that was complimented by the white and black uniform he had on. 

                “What would you like?” he asked in a cheerful tone. 

                Instantly smiling, I said “Could I have two ice teas, a blueberry muffin, and a brownie?”

                “Sure.”

                After giving the money and receiving my change, I waited on the side with a small smile on my face.  I couldn’t believe that I finally got to talk to him after all this time.  I always knew he was an upbeat person, and he proved it from what just happened.  I almost freaked out again when our hands touched as we were handing the money to each other.  I think that small moment made my day.

                “Two ice teas and a heated up blueberry muffin and brownie,” he called out, handing the drinks to me first.  When seeing my hands full, he said “Oh, I’ll bring the muffin and brownie over to the table for you.”

                “Thanks,” I replied, leading the way back to my friend.  When I sat down, he placed the pastries on the table and my friend’s eyes widened at him.  She then gave me a small grin before looking back at him.

                “Thank you once again,” I told him, catching a quick glance at his name tag.  Daesung… The name suits him well. 

                “No problem,” he said, taking a few steps back as he smiled at me again.  He then turned around to walk back to the counter.  I watched him in the corner of my eye the whole time he was going back, thinking about how cute he is.  When I looked back at my friend, she had a silly look on her face.

                Raising an eyebrow, I took a sip from my ice tea.  “Why are you looking at me like that?”

                “I couldn’t help but notice what you two had going on there.”  She took a sip from her drink while giving me another funny look. 

                I rolled my eyes, taking off the corner of my brownie and placing it in my mouth.  I didn’t want to get my hopes up from her assumptions.  I’ve had my feelings hurt enough times to know not to do that again. 

                After we finished eating, I said “Oh, I almost forgot to give you your change back.”  After taking the money out of my front pocket, she shook her hand at me when I tried to give it back to her.

                “Keep it,” she insisted.

                “Are you sure?”

                “Yup.”

                After putting the money away in my wallet, I slipped it back into my back pocket.  We both stood up and grabbed the grocery bags before making our way to the door.  I then took one last glance at Daesung before exiting the bakery.  I was sad that I had to leave, but hopefully I’ll be able to see him again soon. 

                My friend and I was about to go around the corner until I heard someone yell “Wait!  Stop!”

                When I turned around, my eyes widened as I saw Daesung running up to us.  He was panting slightly as he held my wallet out to me.  “Is this yours?” he asked.

                “Y-Yes,” I stuttered, taking it from him.  I couldn’t believe that he actually caught up to me to give me my wallet back.  “Thank you.”

                In the corner of my eye, I could see my friend grinning.  “I’m in a rush to somewhere but you two can take your time,” she said while taking the grocery bags from me.  “See you later!”  She then left before I could even say anything.

                “Oh my gosh,” I mumbled, watching her turn the corner.  “Um…” I bit on my bottom lip as Daesung and I continued to stand here.

                He gave me an awkward smile as he said “Omo, what do I do in this type of situation?”

                “I have no idea,” I laughed.  “Thanks again for returning my wallet.”

                “Its no big deal.  It made me sad just imagining you being upset over the loss of your wallet.”

                I felt the smile on my face grow wider.  I had no idea that he was this sweet.  “I have to repay you somehow.  Let me buy you something to eat or drink.” 

                Daesung shook his head and said “I can’t let you do that.”

                “You sure?”

                “I was actually hoping to take you out somewhere and get something to eat…  You know, like a date,” he said while shyly rubbing the back of his neck.

                As my face turned red, I nodded while saying “I think I can let you do that.”

                ~

                “Can you get me more ice cream?” I asked, jokingly batting my eyelashes at him.

                “You know I’ll say yes even if you don’t do that,” he laughed.  He then got up and retrieved the ice cream to place another scoop of it on my plate.  He quickly grabbed a strawberry from my plate and ate it before going back to his seat.

                I threw a piece of a banana at him and yelled “Hey!”

                He laughed again before leaning over the table for a kiss.  As I gave one to him, he said “The best three years of my life…  I can’t wait to spend more with you.”

Daesung returned my wallet to me after I had dropped it; and as he gave me an awkward smile, he said “Omo, what do I do in this type of situation?”

 

Written by: Kiwi923       

~

Ahhh haven't updated in awhile... Sorry orzz Both authors have been busy but we're really trying!  We won't give up!  Thank you for reading~ ^^