Reserve

722

Yoona's thoughts in bold.

----

Yoona looked at her feet dejectedly.

She looked at Jessica furtively and quickly turned away. Jessica didn’t spare her a single glance the entire time. They didn’t greet each other. Not a single word was exchanged between them.

This was one of those times. Some of the time we were the closest of friends. You told me things, a lot of them that sometimes I went on believing you told me everything. But the rest of the time, we were strangers. Whenever you had other friends, I was non-existent. They were always your priority. I had been and will always be your reserve tire. I was the one you went to when you had no one else. I was the one you told whenever they were occupied. I was the one you ranted to when you had a lot of misgivings about their behavior. I was the one you seeked affirmation from whenever you felt that they didn’t trust you. I was willing to be that and more. But you were never really grateful.

Days after our night-long conversations, you treat me differently. You share raucous laughter and intimate conversations with them as if nothing ever happened. As if those negative sentiments never came out your mouth. You only come to me when you need me and I slowly began to realize that.

This vicious cycle still happens in the sidelines, behind the curtains and I’m slowly getting used to them. It might sting a bit, but then that’s the kind of person you are. I guess your friends are already used to that and I guess I have to be to. It hurts when you tell them things about me that I’ve shared with you when not a single word of our conversations ever gets out of my mouth. It makes me feel bad when everything we share is locked up in a chest inside my heart while you wear everything and anything on your sleeve.

I really don’t like your friends knowing that I get disgusted at very small dirty things. It’s something between us and it shouldn’t be out there. I told it you specifically and they shouldn’t know about it and poke fun at it.

Yoona breathes out in frustration at the heavy thoughts swirling in her mind. She concedes to everything and swears to let go. She conditions herself and things start to become lighter. She starts to breath easily. She talks to the girl beside her and everything becomes normal again. The regular cycle of life is restored and she is again Jessica’s spare tire.

----

A/N: Short, I know.

Don't worry I have another one-shot coming up. It's lighter and I'll try my best to make it funny.

Thanks for reading.