Blurred

722

There are often extreme situations which cause our judgment to be impaired. This situation is an example of such.

 

The blade lies directly above the vein. A deep slash would allow blood to spurt. A single smooth slash would give me control over my life. It would give me power to make one of the greatest decisions a person can have. The temptation is so great. It’s an unstoppable force slowly leading the blade nearer and nearer. Resistance is waning. My rationale is slowly fading away. Everything becomes a blur. The only thing present in my vision is the knife and my gleaming skin; skin that has glowing red blood underneath, the blood which holds the door between life and death. The fluid of life they say. A mere centimetre separates it from the sharp silver blade. The hand holding it no longer exists. The distance it traverses is solely controlled by the mind. A mere centimetre prevents the barrier from being opened and that centimetre carries a heavy significance.

 

The centimetre represents you- a small distance that carries a heavy weight. You were the only thing stopping me from opening up my vein and putting an end to this concept of life. Even though you were the one who put me in this situation, you’re still the one who stops me from it. Why must you have such a strong hold on me that you create dilemmas? I can no longer differentiate right from wrong. I can no longer distinguish between black and white. I can no longer tell moral and immoral apart. You have changed so much in me that I no longer know who I am. Everything is blurred, but the only thing that has good resolution is you. Everything else is pixelated. As you move farther and farther away from me, you seem to be losing clarity. You slowly become a blur. As I lose the only thing dear to me, the centimetre decreases, until the distance becomes non-existent and life slowly fades. Nothing flashes before me as the sensations leave me and the darkness pushes the blurred images away.

 

---

Sorry if this is crappy. Sorry I've been gone for so long. I guess I'll be temporarily back on October. Stay tuned. Hope you still follow my work. Thanks for reading.