Teddy Bear

722

It was our anniversary and I gave you a teddy bear. We met during lunch and you went on and on about it. Unfortunately for me, Sooyoung came.

"Oh my gosh Tiffany. You know what Yoongie gave me today?" You then brought out the bear to show her.

"Oh, it's so cute." You then flashed me a smile showing me how grateful you were.

Suddenly, Sooyoung sat down.

"Hey Soo. Guess what Yoongie gave me?" It slipped my mind that Sooyoung knew about the bear's origin.

"She gave me this." You brandished the bear around and hugged it afterwards.

Sooyoung was laughing at your antics. That is until a realization dawned on her.

"Hey, that's the bear you won from a library."

A look of surprise and disappointment was etched across your face. Then, you stood up and walked away.

I looked at Sooyoung in frustration. "You shouldn't have said that."

"Sorry." I took three long strides and ran to keep up with you.

I then reached you near a corner and pulled you into the ladies'.

You looked enraged.

"Jessica wait. Let me explain."

"There's nothing to explain. Here I was thinking you got me something super special only to find out you simply gave me your left overs."

"Huh?! It's not a left over. I saved it especially for you." I was trying hard to control my temper. Your words were a little harsh.

"I won that bear for reciting during our library tour. I wasn't fond of stuffed toys, so I wanted to give it to someone. The first person I thought of was you. I saved it for you Jessica."

I looked at you intently and my breathing evened.

"I kept that bear for two years, waiting for the right moment to give it to you. I had it wrapped in a plastic to maintain its neatness and fluffiness. I brought it home and back here since our landlady requires us to clear the room of our things every summer. I took care of it like I wanted to take care of you. I waited until we got together and a year more just to give it to you. I might have not spent on it, but I gave a lot for it Jessica. I actually listened to the librarian to get it."

A lone tear slowly made its way down your cheek.

"Don't cry. I gave you the bear to make you smile. You didn't even read what's written on its collar." I turned the bear around for you to read the text.

Although I'm not beside you at night,

just think of me, it'll be alright.

You have this bear for you to hug,

to keep you warm and rid of bugs.

-For my dearest Jessica

 

You then hugged me and well that's the end of the story-not exactly, but trust me you wouldn't want the details of what happened next.

----

A/N: Sorry, it's short. I"m really tired because of too many things I have to attend to. I'm sorry I haven't been able to update often. I'll try my best to write more. Sorry for this late piece. Happy Yoonsic Day! We celebrated it yesterday with noraebang, food and Yoonsicretives as company. It was fun, you should celebrate it too. :)

Thanks for reading. I love you guys. :D