Capsaicin

722

Three girls were having their meal in a secluded part of the school cafeteria. They had different reasons for being there, but the main purpose of their location was to avoid disturbance. Two out of the three girls were already deep into their meal and they wouldn’t want any form of disruption. The other girl just rolled her eyes as she eyed her two friends devouring their meals viciously. She was used to her friends, yet she still wished there was someone she could talk too during meal times. She had attempted numerous times to start a conversation with them, but it would never last for the two kept on mumbling incomprehensible nonsense as their mouths were full. Jessica simply sighed as she picked up a roll of rice from Sooyoung’s stack of food. As much as her friends’ were very possessive when it comes to food, they were just as caring to Jessica. They always shared their food, though the girl only ate very little.

As Jessica swallowed the rice, she was suddenly invaded by the tingling feeling of pepper in . She kept fanning herself as her face turned red. The spicy and hot sensation was hard to bear and she ended up screaming into Yoona’s ears for water.

The two girls on the table turned to look at their panic-stricken friend.

Yoona, the more alert one of the two, immediately understood what was happening.

“Sooyoung, quick, get some milk.”

The girl called Sooyoung, though hesitant to depart from her food, sensed the urgency in her friend’s voice and immediately went to get one. Meanwhile, Jessica kept on trying to drink the water bottle Yoona was keeping from her.

“Jessica, stop! The water will just further spread the capsaicin around your mouth. Trust me, I’ve tried that already.”

Jessica who was not in a right state to argue still kept on trying to get the bottle from Yoona.

“Sica, stop.”

Yoona, who was unable to restrain Jessica ended up letting go of the bottle and spilled it on the floor.”

Jessica was visibly upset with her as she still kept her tongue out while trying to reduce the hot feeling.

Yoona, who suddenly felt guilty, could think of no other way to appease the girl. She suddenly moved towards her and placed her tongue into Jessica’s mouth.

Jessica, who was taken aback with the action, immediately tried pushing Yoona away. However the girl remained firm as she gripped Jessica’s shoulders tightly while she moved her tongue around the upset girl’s mouth. Jessica, upon finding relief after a few seconds, stopped pushing Yoona and she just stayed still.

Once Yoona was done, she pulled away to find an extremely flushed Jessica. She couldn’t decipher if that was due to the spiciness or to what had just occurred.

“What did you do?” Jessica suddenly asked.

“I put casein in your mouth.”

“What?”

“Well, casein comes from milk and it binds with capsaicin. Capsaicin is the substance that gives you that hot feeling when you eat pepper or pepper powder. So, basically, I neutralized the capsaicin with the remnants of casein in my mouth.”

Jessica seemed satisfied with her answer and Yoona just continued finishing her food. Sooyoung suddenly came back with milk.

“How did you stop it?” Sooyoung asked.

“I put in casein.” Yoona responded.

“What?!” Sooyoung was evidently confused. “Never mind.” She just shook her head and returned to her food.

Jessica was still dumbstruck and she didn’t know if she could still continue eating.

After that incident, Yoona paid more attention to Jessica and they managed to carry a conversation while eating. Yoona didn’t want Jessica to go through the same feeling of discomfort from food ever again and so she always examined all the food Jessica ate. Sooyooung still kept on wondering what happened that day for it was clearly what led to Yoonsic getting together. Suffice it to say, it will remain a secret between the two of them.

------

A/N:

by the way, I've already finished Chap 2: World's End. Kindly check it out.