Chicken Soup

The Last Bullet

 

Meanwhile..

 

“Class, be quiet please. I have an announcement.” The teacher shouted and the crowded classes became silent. “Great. So, do you remember about the new student from States that I announced yesterday?” the teacher asked.

“Yes, ma’am.” The whole class chimed.

“Is he a boy, ma’am?” Soyeon, the queenka blurted a question.

“Booo~” she was boo-ed by almost all the students in the class.

“Wae? Did I ask a wrong question?” she pouted

“Alright quiet class. The new student is here. Come in” the teacher called her.

The whole class suddenly turned into a chaos. Some boys were cheering loudly and happily when they saw a beautiful girl came into their class. Some other boys were mesmerized by her beauty. While the girls were busy observing her from top-to-toe, they felt unhappy by her presence. The new student walked into the class in a cool way, ignoring the loud cheer and those observing-eyes. The teacher asked her to introduce herself.

“Okay, I’m Jea Kim and you can call me Jea. I just came to Korea yesterday so I hope all of you will guide me well. And ah, don’t worry my Korean isn’t that bad because my family sometimes keep using Korean while talking.” Jea slightly bowed.

“Ma’am may I ask something to our Jea?” A boy raised his hand.

“Do you mind if he ask something?”

“No, I don’t mind ma’am.”

“Perfect. Do you have any boyfriend, Jea?”

She rolled her eyes, annoyed by the question, “No, I don’t have any.”

The boys became really loud again because of Jea’s confession. But they became quiet when the teacher made a face.

“Alright, you can sit beside Hyeri. Hope she can help and guide you.”

She nodded and walked to the seat that the teacher pointed. She could feel the whole class was staring at her. *Geez, I’m on the last year of high school and I hate to start all over again from this stupid introduction, making new friends, catching the lesson. Why did Girls’ Generation appear in States to catch me? I’m not sure if I’m going to be safe here either even I have disguised as Kim, not Nam.  Mr Sooman is too scary when he aimed something.*

“Hi, you’re from States right? I hope you can tell me a lot of things about America! I want to visit America so badly!” Hyeri laughed and stuck her hand out, offering a shake hand.

“Why not? It’s nice to meet you, Hyeri! Let’s go to States with me!” Jea beamed and shook her hand. *If I’m still alive and not being chased by Sooman.* she added in her mind.

 

------

 

“I’m curious why do you move to Korea? I mean it’s your last year in high school. You can continue your study to one of the university there, and it’s way way more cool than studying here!” Hyeri asked her in serious tone.

Jea choked when she heard the question. Hyeri quickly gave her a bottle of water and asked if she was alright, Jea nodded in reply. *I knew someone will ask this kind of question soon.*

“Well, something happened in my family so I have no choice but moved to Korea. I’m glad everything has prepared so I don’t have to do everything by myself.”

“Whom are you staying with? Do you have any relative here? You’re a Kim after all.”

“I’m living alone. My relatives had moved to other countries years ago.”

“Woah you must be really though! Living here alone after you left this country for a long time. May I visit you someday? We can hang together if you don’t mind!” she giggled.

“Like I told you before, I have no choice. But maybe living alone here isn’t that bad since I haven’t forgotten my Korean. Well sure! I’d really love to hang out together with you.” Jea beamed. She never thought that she would get a friend here.

“Perfect! Let’s finish our lunch since our recess will be end soon.”

 

----

 

Jea slammed the front door. She healed the scent of her house deeply. She arrived at night yesterday so she couldn’t observe the house well and directly went to bed. She walked around the living room to the kitchen and the dining room. She went back to the living room and held up a photo. *I miss this belonging scent. I miss this house. I miss the feeling of living together. Moreover, I miss mom and dad.*

The house wasn’t big but not small either since it was Nam’s second home to hide from their enemies. No one knew that Nam had another house apart from the double S office. That’s why Jea decided to stay in the second house. She her index finger to the furniture. *ew! It’s dirty. I better call someone to clean this house.*

She went upstairs to her room. But she stopped when she was passing her dad’s room. She didn’t know why she stopped, she just felt that there was something inside the room. She opened the door carefully and went inside. Nothing changed, she thought. She observed the whole room and smiled. She could feel as if her dad was still there. Then she walked and passed through the bed and headed to her dad’s mini office.

The familiar sweet-woody-scented room welcomed her. She always loved the scent here since she was a child. She sat on her dad’s chair and played with the miniature that her dad put on his desk. She got bored with the miniature and stood up. She gazed all over the room and stopped on the bookshelf. *Maybe I can find something interesting to read. Daddy always read good books.*

She walked towards the bookshelf. She tip-toed and tried to look for some books that were located on the top of the shelf. *Chicken Soup for teenager? Why dad bought this book while he was not in his teenage? Is it for me?* She took the book carefully, not wanting the other books fell. But right after she took it, something strange happened.

 

 

CLICK! CLICK! CLICK!

 

 

 


YESSEU, cliffhanger! /evil laugh/

 

Please do leave some comments and subscribe!

I'll be really happy if you do that =D