Pain

Go-Ji-Mal (lies)

 

Eunhyuk's POV
 
"But that was all it ever was.."
 
That voice, that cold voice, was in my head again and I wished, I wished as I breath and try to think through the grief and pain, that this never happened. 
That I had never checked his phone this morning when he was showering. That I never felt it vibrate. That I never pretended to fall back asleep when he came back. 
I wished that this morning hadn't happen at all.
 
Flashback
 
Bzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzt. Bzzzzzzt.
 
 
"Haaaaaae..." I whined at the annoying buzzing sound I knew belong to his phone.
Mine was turned off for good.
 
Bzzzzt. Bzzzzzzt.
 
Aish, this brat, I thought as I squinted through sleepy eyes at the empty space of bed beside me. I grabbed the iPhone as I absentmindedly swiped to pick up the call. 
 
However, the person hanged up the moment I picked up. 
Cursing at my luck, I looked at the missed call register.
 
 
10:59AM.            Baby Yoona <3
 
I felt sleep leave me as blood started pounding through my body.
 
I decided to not assume things - it was Donghae. He was clingy and close and warm to everyone he knew. Then a vibrate from his phone came, a message.
 
Suddenly, I found myself scrolling through his inbox, appalled by the numbers of messages from Im Yoona and when I checked the sent messages, my face paled as I read the messages he sent, the words filled with love, hearts, smiley faces.
 
 
"Oh, Hae? You're up so early??" 
I heard Wookie's voice as I hurried locked the phone and hide my face in the pillow.
I heard Donghae walked in as he picked up the phone.
 
 
"Hmm, yoona ah? I've already showered and I'll be out soon. Neh, today it'll be all on me, baby. Listen, I'll meet you in five minutes? Ah? Oh, no! I'm not cheating you silly girl. Why would I ever cheat on you. I'm just whispering because Hyukjae sneaked in my room last night and he's asleep. Hmm. Neh! See you, gorgeous." his voice was low as he whispered but one can't missed the love and admiration filled in it.
 
 
I heard my heart broke and I was surprised he couldn't hear it.
Gorgeous, he called her.
And what? I sneaked in his room?
He was the one who came in last night. 
 
 
"Do it now, Hyukjae! You just caught him red-handed! Go!! Hurry! He's cheating on you, do something!" the voice inside my head telling me what I should do.
 
But my broken heart couldn't bear any more pain as I pushed my head deeper and waited for Donghae to kiss me good morning, or slap my to wake me up.
 
This is some kind of a twisted dream.
I'll be awake soon and Donghae will be by my si-
 
 
Before I could finish my thoughts, I hear the doorknob turned.
I could hear the TV switched on as the door opened. 
And as the door close, I strained to hear for Donghae.
 
 
"Wookie ah, I'm going out for a while okay? If Hyukjae asks for me, tell him I'll be home late."
Minutes went by as I was locked in my own thoughts, Donghae's voice when he was on the phone, the messages. 
 
I heard a loud ugly sob, and realised that it was coming from me.
I bit my lower lip, drawing blood as I willed myself not to cry.
This must be a prank.
I shot up from bed, rushing to the calendar on the wall of the kitchen.
 
There it is! 
 
Tomorrow would be our yearly anniversary! I had taken the honour of drawing in little hearts and looking at it now, I'm sure Donghae must be tricking me. 
 
I smiled to myself.
Silly Hyukjae. 
 
It was in the afternoon when Kangteuk, Kyu and I was lazing on the couch, watching music programmes when suddenly my phone started ringing.
 
From : Sungminnie Hyung
 
Hyuk. Stay strong. I'm here for you. Whatever it is, wait for Hae to explain. I'm sure it was just a camera trick. 
 
W-what? The event from this morning unconsciously played in my head as I felt bile rising up my throat.
My phone slipped from my hand as Kangteuk and Kyu looked at me.
 
I pushed Kyu away from his laptop, exiting his Starcraft game as I heard them panicking.
"What's wrong, Hyukjae?"
"Hyuk, what is it?"
"Yah! You could have asked me to move! What's the rush!"
 
But the blood pounding in my ear was too loud and as I clicked on my twitter account, I fainted.
 
Now
 
 
That was also when I realised that loving someone is not always sunshine and rainbows, but when the pain comes along, it'd feel like someone had stabbed you a million times and you can never die, but only suffer from the pain as you get stabbed over and over again.
 
 
 
-------------------------------------
No, Hyukjae! >:
Have you ever loved someone so much you don't think you'd be able to breathe without them around? Like nothing would go right if they're not with you..?