Ripped

Go-Ji-Mal (lies)

 

Eunhyuk POV
 
I let out a pained sob as I remembered..the..picture...of h-Hae and y-yoona...they..t-th-they were k-kissing.
 
I had woken up to a dark room and had rushed out to see Donghae sitting calmly on the couch.
As if he hasn't just ing cheat on me.
 
 
Rage had got the better of me as I threw the vase when he blankly looked at me, hearing my heavy footsteps and nonchalantly saying "So, you've seen the picture."
-----------------------------------
 
I felt my heart lurched as I remembered the memories, replaying them.
I hugged my knees towards my chest as I felt Donghae towering over me. 
This isn't the man I love.
 
S-something must have happened. 
Boosted with hope, I stood up again as Donghae flinched backwards like I was dirt.
I pretended like I didn't notice, as if he hadn't stick a knife in my heart.
 
"This is a joke right?! Sungmin said it could be a camera trick! You're lying right, Hae? It's because tomorrow is our anniversary. That's why, correct?!"
I clutched at his shirt as the idea popped into my head, giving me a reason to breathe again, a reason to live.
 
This, this must be the reason why!
 
 
Hae has no reason to cheat on me, I thought as I felt my eyes lit up with delight.
This must be the rain before the rainbow!
 
 
"Hyukjae. Stop it." 
I wouldn't have known it was him if I hadn't seen his lips move.
 
His hands wrap around my wrist to remove my hands. 
I let them fall to my sides as I felt despair filling me like a heavy weight, pulling me towards the wooden floor.
I felt like I was hanging on a thread.
I felt like the entire world had abandoned me.
No. Hyukjae. Be strong.
 
"No! You stop it, Hae! This is some kind of twisted joke and I'm not playing with you anymore!!" I screamed, spitting in his face.
 
I was going crazy and I wished he would have known or even have the slightest idea of how much pain I was in,
how much he was hurting me with this stupid game.
 
I felt tears fill my eyes again.
But this time, I made no effort to stop them. 
With tears flowing down like a spoiled tap, I looked at him.
 
His face was a blur as the tears kept on coming.
No, please. I want to see his face.
I blinked the tears away and looked intently at him as his face came to a focus.
 
 
The face that I loved so much, the face that I've memorised by heart, the face that I've gotten used to, the face that would comfort me with the toothy smile.
 
But this time, when his eyes used to looked at me lovingly, it was filled with pity.
And for once, even I felt disgusted by myself.
 
"Stop that" I whispered.
I couldn't take the pity in his eyes and I looked down towards the floor, the tears dripping down and hitting the wooden floor like raindrops on a rainy weather.
 
 
It was no wonder he would look at me like that. I must have looked pathetic. A man in his twenties, crying like a little girl who lost her dolls.
 
 
"Donghae, please. I'm ready to forgive you. Please, come back." I begged, wanting everything to go back to the way it was.
 
I couldn't take the silence, but I feared for what else was to come.
I thought of ways to bring my Donghae back.
I could kneel and beg. I don't care.
I could promise to throw my phone and only look at him.
I could swear to be a better lover, a better boyfriend or whatever it is that I am lacking in.
I could crawl on my knees and begged until he ca-
 
 
"We're over." 
No. I looked up at him, blinking my tears away, staring at the thin lips.
I must have imagined it. 
"Hyukjae. We are over."
The thin lips moved. Donghae. 
 
 
And suddenly, I felt my chest tightened and my heart seemed to fall to my tummy and for the first time, I wondered if one's body could strangle themselves.
"Why." I breathed. 
A single syllable, a single syllable I knew that would bring me to my lowest low and yet I still ing asked.
 
 
But my body felt numb now.
The pain that was there was gone, as I literally felt myself slipping off the thread.
There's nothing to live for.
There's no reason I should cry.
I looked at the man before me, my eyes empty of any emotions.
 
I saw his eyes widened in surprise.
"Why what?" he spoke, his volume matching mine.
 
"Why did you cheat" my voice monotonous and soft, a sharp contrast to the screechy and wailing voice I used just minutes ago as I screamed in his face.
 
 
"...it just happened. W-we have been dating for awhile a-and I really wanted to tell you, Hyukjae. I swear, you're my bestfriend and you still are. B-but Yoona. I..I love her. I-I want to marry someone and have kids. A..and Yoona. She's p-perfect." he murmured, watching me for any reaction.
 
I had none.
I wanted to crumble but I knew I can't do it now. 
Not infront of Hae.
I felt my energy drain.
I felt like an empty shell. 
My soul long snatched away when the man before me spoke those three words.
 
 
"Wasn't what we had enough? T-those promises?" 
I wanted to hear his reasons, let him tear me apart now. Let him burn my heart to ashes.
Let him let me let go.
I thought we were perfect.
I thought we had planned to adopt kids and lived happily ever after.
It used to be our story.
But now, it's me and him. 
Two different people, no longer bonded by feelings.