Chapter 6 .

Beauty and the Briefcase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

 

[Lee Co.]

 

“Hey Jess, do I look okay?” Sungmin asked, standing in front of me. Wow, that’s one strong-smelled perfume he’s wearing.

“Yeah sure. Big meeting?” I asked, fixing his tie a little.

“Nope. Lunch with Sunny’s parents.” Sungmin take out his handkerchief and wipe his sweating forehead. “Oh, pressure.” I chuckled.

“Tell me about it.” Sungmin fidget. “Relax. Take a few breaths. You’ll do well.” I said trying to sounds as convincing as possible. I’ll pray for you, my friend.

“Thanks.” Sungmin smiled, looking more confident.

“What’s wrong with him? He looks sweaty and restless. Is the air-cond here broken?” Donghae suddenly asked coming out of nowhere. Oh the miracle.

“Nah. The air-cond is okay. Sungmin is having a lunch date with Sunny’s parents.” I said earning an ‘ohh’ from Donghae. “So is there anything I can help you? It’s rare to see you coming to my humble cubic. Usually all I got is the lazy gestures of yours and the few steps away phone calls.” Donghae grinned at my sarcasm and nod approvingly.

“Come to my office. I want to show you something.” Donghae held my hand and drag me to his office which just in front of my cubical. My eyes can’t stop noticing my hand which was tightly held by him.

Donghae let go of my hand and take out a piece board. The board was white, with a picture of man and woman, standing straight, in the middle. On the middle top is written ‘Lee Co.’. At the sides are written a few words, which seem like a sub-topic. This looks like, err, a magazine cover.

I look at the eager-looking Donghae and the board repeatedly. “Please don’t tell me you’re trying to make a magazine cover.” Donghae sighed at my response. “Is it that bad?” He asked, looking sad and puppy-ish.

“It’s horrible. Why are you making a magazine cover anyway? I thought this is Lee Co., a business company, not a sub-company of CLEO.” I said as Donghae flipped down the board.

“Well, I’ve got news yesterday. We’re competing with Park Co. for a tender from Tiffany&Co. as you know, we’re planning to collaborate with Tiffany&Co. Clothes and jewellaries, and it’s a perfect combo!” Donghae excitedly explained. Tiffany&Co.? Seriously? Will they give out freebies for the staffs? A 14-karat of diamond ring sounds nice.

“Okay, so what does that have to do with magazine cover?” I asked, slightly confused.

Donghae scratched the back of his head, looking lost for a second. “Well, the president of Tiffany&Co. sorts of hand over the job to his youngest daughter.” I stared at Donghae, urging him to continue.

“That’s the problem there. His daughter is only 20 years-old. She demand us, instead of giving the normal, boring and dull report, she wants the report to be fun. I was thinking of making a magazine. You know, girls like to read magazine right. Now all left is the cover.” Donghae sighed. Wow, I’m impressed with his way of thinking. If I was in his position, I’ll j

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter