Chapter 2 .

Beauty and the Briefcase
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

So this is what the heaven looks like. I love this crosswalk. It’s taking me towards my future, dreams and most importantly, towards the CLEO editor who is not only going to buy one of my stories, but she’s gonna be blown away by me, the incredible super awesome Jessica Jung. Sigh, I wish I can kiss myself.

 

“Hi, I’m Kim Taeyeon. You must be Jessica right? Nice to meet you. Come, follow me to my office.” A short girl greets me and confidently leads her way to her office. Man, I’m envious. I would die to be in her place.

 

“How about wearing boyfriend shirt when you don’t have a boyfriend? Or about-“

“Well, thank you so much for coming in, Jessica. I liked your piece for For Her magazine and I love you enthusiasm. But unfortunately, I think we’re gonna pass.” Taeyeon said as she stands up.

“Oh, um, well I guess that’s it.  I’ll just go home and cuddle up to my imaginary boyfriend now.” I said slowly packing my stuff and stand up.

Byebye CLEO. I guess that’s it for us. Wait for me imaginary boyfriend. “I know that feeling all too well.” Smiled Taeyeon.

“I doubt that but thanks for saying it anyway.” I smiled weakly to her.

“Uh, don’t be so sure. I just got dumped via BBM yesterday.” Taeyeon smiled. “What?” I slipped. I quickly cover my mouth. This mouth of mine..

Taeyeon chuckled and continued. “He didn’t even have the decency to email me like the last guy. Thank god I’m not that into him. He was straight, he opened doors for me. And most importantly, he didn’t live with his mother. I haven’t met anyone better since.” Taeyeon sat back at her sit. And so did I. I think I’m getting my chance back.

“You know, my girlfriend and I were just talking about that. I mean, fashion is great. But there’s no dateable guy here! I haven’t even found a guy with two items on my checklist. If there’s one, he’s either gay or married.” I said receiving a laugh from Taeyeon. I think I just win my future boss’s heart. Way to go Jess!

“Coincident or what, I have a checklist too. Each year if I don’t find the perfect guy, I’ll take one item off the list. Pretty soon, that list gonna be a blank piece of paper. And for sure you can’t cuddle up with shopping bags. I’ve tried. Not so comfortable I must say.” She smiled while scribbling on a piece of paper.

Suddenly Taeyeon stood up and look at me and the piece of paper which fills with her scribble. “I think there’s a story here.” She smiled at me. “Huh?” Does that mea

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter