[Storyline] Camaraderies

Special Bites

“You’ll always be my best friend, forever you’re my friend, you’re my only one, my friend.”

            -SNSD (My Best Friend)

 

[Hunhan]

[Slight Taoris]

[Parenting Leader-Style]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Suho was going to bite his head off for this.

And that can be taken very literally.

 

Sehun whined and struggled to free himself from the mechanism that had snapped shut around his paw.

 

All he wanted was a nice, relaxing walk in the forest.

To give his mind a rest.

To enjoy nature a bit. 

And maybe to get away from the boom box that was Chanyeol for a while so his ears could recover.

 

What he got was stuck in a wolf trap. At least, that’s what he hoped it was. But his heart sank when he saw the wolf and sword logo on the trap that only belonged on Hunter weaponry.

 

He whined again.

 

His paw was matted with dried blood, and Sehun admitted that he didn’t like the feeling of having his paw stuck in a clamp.

He growled sharply and with his free paw gave a mighty swipe at the thing.

 

“WT309 IN ZONE 7A ENGAGED AND ENCOUNTERING RESISTANCE. SENDING ALERT MESSAGE TO HEADQUARTERS.”

 

Well now you’ve done it, Oh Sehun.

 

Sehun gave a small cry of fear and struggled harder, but his paw wouldn’t come free.

 

The wind picked up with his agitation, swirling the scattered leaves on the forest floor around his legs. The ghostly howl of the wind scared him, Sehun whined with increasing frustration and shook the thing harder; it did nothing but bite down harder on his paw.

 

Rapid footsteps. The crunching of leaves and branches on the forest floor.

 

“There it is!”

“Get the tranquilizers!”

 

Sehun whipped around and stepped back when he saw no more than three tranquilizers pointed at him, a sneering Hunter behind each one.  

 

He whimpered.

 

Oh dear.

This was how he’s going to get captured. And he still hadn’t paid Suho back for buying him bubble tea.

 

Three consecutive shots.

 

Sehun saw the darts and braced himself for the sting. But even though he trusted his sharp vision, he couldn’t believe what he saw next.

 

The darts paused in midair, quivering slightly as if they didn’t know what to do.

The Hunters themselves exclaimed in surprise, raising their weapons to fire again.

The darts about-faced and flew back towards their owners.

 

Sehun heard shouts of pain and watched with wide eyes as his attackers fell to the floor, knocked out by their own sedatives.

 

The trap on his paw then gave a horrible screeching sound as it opened and began crunching in on itself.

 

Sehun looked around wildly for his savior.

 

A gleam of yellow.

Sehun narrowed his eyes at the wolf staring back at him from behind a tree. Its fur was so dark brown that it blended in with the trees perfectly. A human couldn’t have distinguished it.

 

The wolf made his way down to Sehun and stopped in front of him, his eyes never leaving the younger’s.

He sniffed him. And shifted back.

 

Sehun’s eyes widened as he took in the sight of the beautiful, perfect features of the boy’s face. He almost felt like he couldn’t stare at him for too long; it was like staring into the sun.

 

“Let me see,” he said quietly, holding out his hand.

Sehun looked at the hand, then offered his injured paw. The boy held it gingerly as he examined it.

 

“This’ll have to be rinsed,” he told him. “I’m Luhan. Come with me.”

 

He turned back to the unconscious Hunters, and with a simple hand motion lifted all three of them and slung them across the highest branch of the highest tree.

“They won’t be getting down from there anytime soon.”

 

Sehun huffed.

 

___

 

“That looks bad.”

 

“No, I’m fine.”

 

“You should have been more careful, the Hunters have set more traps in this area, they know it’s heavily populated by werewolves.”

 

“I’ll keep that in mind,” Sehun grimaced. He rinsed his bleeding forearm in the cold stream, watching the water turn a faint hue of red before becoming clear again.

 

“And if you ever get caught in a trap like that, don’t hit it. That’s what sets off the alarm.”

 

“You sound like you speak from experience.”

 

Luhan smiled sadly and rolled up his sleeve. Sehun’s eyes widened as he saw the faded scars on his forearms.

 

“Y-You…”

 

“I’ve always managed to save myself with telekinesis. Haven’t been caught, yet.”

 

“Why don’t I have a power…” Sehun grumbled, shaking out his arm in an attempt to dry it.

 

“It seemed that… well, I can’t be sure, but…” Luhan mused, staring absentmindedly into the stream. “Never mind. You may have already discovered your power, though.”

 

“If my power includes always being hungry and getting myself stuck in traps then yeah.”

 

Luhan laughed. “You seem like an interesting person, Sehun. Let’s be friends.”

 

Sehun looked at him. “Best friends?”

 

The werewolf smiled. “Why not?”

 

Sehun flung himself at Luhan and caught him in a tight hug. “I’ve never had a werewolf best friend before! You’re really nice! And so mature, too, how old are you?”

 

Luhan coughed. “22.”

 

Sehun’s jaw dropped.

 

___

 

“Suho-hyung I made a friend I made a friend!”

 

Suho yawned and rolled over.

“That’s nice, maknae. It’s 3 in the morning, don’t you think you should sleep?”

 

“I’m too excited to sleep, hyung, he’s a really nice guy!”

 

“Really? What’s his name?”

 

“Luhan!”

 

“…Luhan?”

 

“Yep! He saved me from a wolf trap and-” Sehun stopped, and Suho could almost feel the awkwardness in the darkness.

 

“I’ll save my speech on running off alone and getting stuck in traps for tomorrow, Sehun,” Suho sighed.

 

The pup let out a sigh of relief.

“We’re going to meet each other tomorrow!”

 

“Not before you get lectured.”

 

“Aww…”

 

“Alright then, you need your sleep then if you don’t want to fall asleep on Luhan.”

 

“Okay!” And Sehun snuggled under his covers.

 

Suho turned and gazed at the pup.

 

Sehun had listened to him for once.

_____

 

Kris opened his eyes and blinked sleepily at the werewolf sitting on his bed. The bed he was currently sharing with a sleeping Tao.

 

“Luhan… do you know what time it is?”

 

“3 in the morning.”

 

“Good, now go to sleep.”

 

Kris turned to the sleeping wolf and brushed his bangs away from his forehead. The pup hummed and snuggled closer to the Alpha.

 

“I made a friend today.”

 

“About time.”

 

“No, I’m serious. There was a werewolf caught in a trap and about to get caught by the Hunters.”

 

“Wait… what?”

 

“It’s true! I saved him and took him to the river and clean out his wounds.”

 

“The Hunters… where are they? They’re setting traps?!”

 

“Um… probably in a tree somewhere…but that’s not important. Hunter activity has increased, especially in this area. I think they know about the EXO pack here.”

 

Tao woke up with a yelp as Kris leapt off the bed and grabbed his cell phone.

 

“What…” he mumbled as Kris’ dialed Suho’s number.

 

“Suho, they know about us…They’re starting to set traps… What?!… what happened to him?...I see… we’ll talk this over… tomorrow?.... Alright. Be careful.”

 

Kris flipped his phone shut.

“There’s going to be a pack meeting tomorrow, EXO-K is coming over.”

 

“W-What? But I have plans tomorrow!” Luhan protested.

 

“To see Sehun?” Kris turned to the werewolf with a stern gaze. “One of Suho’s pack members came back injured from a trap; I assuming that’s the one you saved.”

 

“Sehun is in EXO-K?” Luhan gasped.

 

Kris nodded. “We’ll talk to Xiumin and Chen tomorrow about this. You should go back to sleep. I don’t want anyone falling asleep in a pack meeting, especially not in front of Suho.”

 

Tao, who had been following the conversation silently, flopped back onto the bed. The two looked at him as he began to rumble with light snores.

 

Luhan turned to leave when Kris caught his arm.

 

“If the wolf that you saved really is Sehun, you two have to take care of each other. I don’t care whether you guys are werewolves or if he is in EXO or not, friends look out for one another.”

 

Luhan nodded and left.

 

He laid down on his pillow and sighed.

 

No one was going to hurt his Sehun. Not a Hunter, not another werewolf. He was going to protect his best friend.