[Storyline] Trust the Bonds

Special Bites

“Forget about regrets, don’t be afraid.”

            -EXO-K (History)

 

[XiuChen]

_________________________________________________________________________________________________________

 

Chen and Xiumin were werewolf mates looking for a pack.

 

They had found Tao alone on a morning following a full moon. The pup had managed to wander off in the deeper part of the forest while hunting that night and gotten himself lost. But werewolves will be werewolves. They hunted when they turned.

If he had been in his right mind, Tao would have steered clear of the more secluded section of the forest. But he was a wolf, and the food had smelled stronger in that direction.

 

He had found food. And when the sun rose, Xiumin and Chen.

 

Tao had been so scared upon meeting two unfamiliar werewolves that he had begged them not to eat him before they even had the chance to introduce themselves.

After an awkward moment, the two asked Tao if they could speak to his Alpha in exchange for leading him out of the forest labyrinth.

Naturally, Tao accepted. They had made their way back to Kris, who was nearly beside himself with worry over his missing wolf.

Xiumin and Chen had spoken with Kris and requested to join his pack. Kris let them.

 

Chen had later asked that he and Xiumin spend their first full moon in the pack away from Kris and Tao. Though Kris was confused, he let them. Xiumin had went along with whatever Chen had in mind, as his mate had told him it was something romantic.

 

“Chen, I think somewhere along the line you missed the definition of ‘romantic.’”

 

Xiumin stared nervously as his mate secured the last handcuff to his wrist. The handcuff was connected to a chain that was bolted to the basement floor. The collar around his neck was secured to the wall; it was a little big on him, but experience taught Xiumin that a wolf’s neck was much thicker than that of a human’s. On the other side of the room lay some more restraints. For Chen.

 

“Chen, are you even lis-”

Xiumin didn’t get to finish his sentence as Chen captured his lips with his own and placed his hands on the small of his back in a warm embrace.

 

“This is fine,” Chen murmured as he pulled back, giving Xiumin the endearing smile that he loved so much.

 

“But Chen-”

 

“What are you so scared of?” the werewolf asked, a smirk playing on his lips.

 

Xiumin actually stamped his foot in frustration. “Werewolves can be violent when they change! They have killed each other in the past over territory! And you plan for us to transform in the same room! The room that belongs to me, I might add. This is my house. I don’t know about you, but when I’m in wolf form I don’t exactly appreciate other werewolves in my territory.”

 

Chen placed his arm on Xiumin’s heaving shoulders. “Calm down, please. You are my mate, right? Werewolves don’t hurt their mates. Besides, we should spend a full moon together, like actually together and not running off hunting and meeting up again in the morning.”

 

“I’ve never seen two mates together during the full moon!” Xiumin shrieked, eyeing the rising moon with increasing apprehension.

 

“And that’s because this is only your third full moon as a wolf and you’ve spent the first two alone in the shack in your backyard which I am surprised is still standing.”

 

“I knocked out half the wall last month and it’s only still standing because the sun rose before I could finish it off,” Xiumin growled.

 

Chen shrugged. “Well, you’ll be fine, then. A normal werewolf wouldn’t have taken all night to knock down that shabby thing.”

 

“Are you suggesting that I’m tame?” Xiumin snapped. His yellow eyes glared at Chen.

 

“Well, you’re pretty tame in bed…”

 

Xiumin snarled and kissed Chen ferociously. “I’ll show you how tame I am,” he growled.

 

Chen laughed against his lips. “Well, as much as I’m tempted to find out, I imagine that isn’t exactly enjoyable when one is transforming under the full moon.”

 

Which brought all of Xiumin’s fears back.

 

“Chen, seriously, I might hurt you, or you me…” He looked at his mate with frightened eyes.

 

Chen stared at the wolf for a long time, then sighed and uncuffed Xiumin’s left hand. Xiumin finally thought that Chen had seen sense… until he fastened the handcuff onto his own hand.

 

“What are you doing?!” he hissed.

 

“You love me, right?” Chen asked, giving the cuff a small shake. He set about securing himself with Xiumin’s leftover restraints, leaving his own equipment on the other side of the room.

 

“Yes, but-”

 

“Then you won’t hurt me. And I won’t hurt you,” Chen said simply, finishing securing his body and putting away the key.

 

“But this is a crazy idea, we shouldn’t even be in the same room, let alone a 5 foot radius of each other! I think that we should test things out fir-”

 

“Moon’s up,” Chen interrupted, as the moon reached the height in the sky that would trigger the transformations of werewolves.

 

“No!” Xiumin actually cried out in fear. His desperate eyes found Chen’s yellow ones.

 

“Relax, love, our love will keep us safe,” Chen smiled, showing his elongating teeth.

 

Xiumin whimpered and hid his face in Chen’s shoulder as he felt the first twinge of his own change.

 

___

 

The bright morning light streamed through the small window, making Xiumin groan and turn away.

 

Then he remembered.

Oh no oh no oh no.

He peeked one eye open slowly, afraid to see how much of Chen was left.

 

Apparently, all of him was.

Xiumin sat up quickly, wincing at the pain in his bones that had been forcefully rearranged twice through the course of the night. He stared wide-eyed at his sleeping mate, who was unscathed.

“Chen!”

 

“mmf…”

 

“Chen, are you alright?”

 

“Yes, you stupid, incessantly worrying bun, now let me sleep some more.”

 

Xiumin smiled.  He had done it! He hadn’t hurt his lover!

 

“How did everything work out, though?” he wondered.

 

“I told you, you love me too much to hurt me. You freakin’ curled up against my side and fell asleep… ”

 

Xiumin’s smile became wider. His werewolf memory was hazy when he was human, but he remembered that part.

 

“At least tell me where the key is.”

 

No response. Chen had already fallen back asleep.

 

Xiumin sighed. How this boy managed to sleep comfortably on the cold floor of the basement was beyond him. And without any clothes on to top it off.

 

The young werewolf eventually found the key and undid both of their chains.

 

“Chen, wake up.” He poked the sleeping werewolf.

 

“Five more minutes,” Chen grunted.

 

Xiumin smirked. He leaned down and touched his lips against Chen’s. The werewolf opened his eyes.

 

“Nope. I still have to show you who’s the tame one in this relationship.”

 

Chen’s sleepy eyes suddenly became playful.

 

“Just try it.”