"I Will Fix the Unfixable..."

To Fix Reality [Discontinued]

 

              After Lu Han’s clothes had finished their cycle in Haruka’s washing machine and dryer, the two exchanged their new cell phone numbers before Lu Han got changed into his own clothes and started his trek home. The rain had stopped pouring, but it was still falling down lightly, so she lent him her dark green umbrella. 

 

               “Let’s get some coffee together again soon,” Haruka had smiled as she spoke to him. “You can return my umbrella then.”

              Lu Han nodded as she placed the closed umbrella in his hands. “Thanks, Ruka. For everything today.”

              “Of course, that’s what friends are for, right?” Haruka tilted her head slightly to the side with a sweet eye-smile. A moment later though, the smile was gradually wiped off of her face and on a more serious note she said, “I believe in you, Han. There was a reason she loved you so much; I’m sure you can win her back. Don’t give up.”

                

               The light-haired singer turned his head to look at the sky, pulling the umbrella away slightly to see the gray clouds. Haruka’s words had stuck with him and he knew exactly what he would do now. She had given him the boost he needed. He was going to show the leader how true and strong his love really was.

                With a lighter heart, after pouring his problems out to a friend, Lu Han walked home to EXO M’s apartment. When he arrived at the front of their door, the door was opened almost immediately after he rang the doorbell. In front of him stood a worried Yang. Before he could say anything, she pulled him into a hug.

                “Where have you been?” she asked. “I was so worried about you!”

               A bit taken aback from her sudden outburst, Lu Han took a few minutes to adjust to the situation before he comfortably wrapped his arms around the Chinese girl as he had done before. 

               “Sorry, I didn’t mean to worry you, Yang,” he chuckled, patting her head as he stepped in and closed the door with his foot. It took him a little bit before he realized that the apartment was empty. 

               There wasn’t the sound of talking other than the voices that came from the TV. Most of the lights in the apartment were off. The kitchen was dark, and the only light in the whole room was the lamp beside the couch in front of the TV and the TV itself. 

               “Where are the others?” Lu Han blinked in confusion. Yang pulled away from his body before she answered,

               “That reminds me,” she pretended to glare at him, but failing miserably as Lu Han found it quite cute. “The others went on to practice since you didn’t come home in time to leave...”

               “Oh? What time is it?” he had lost track of time since he had stayed at Haruka’s apartment, and he had forgotten all about the practice the band had today. He glanced at the clock on the wall: 20:15. 

 

8 o’clock...wow, it’s that late already?

 

                “Time for the others to be home,” she rolled her eyes. “Where were you anyway?”

               “I was with an old friend,” Lu Han shrugged.

               Yang knew he had been with someone. It was who that someone was that made her curious. Her mind flashed back to that afternoon where she had found him embracing a girl on that empty street when everyone had gone looking for him.

               “Who?”

               “An old college friend,” Lu Han shook his head and quickly added, “I don’t think you’d know her. I’m sure I didn’t introduce her to all of you before...”

               The fact was, however, that he had introduced Haruka to Yang at their debut concert....but he was positive that she wouldn’t remember that...

              “What’s her name?” Yang asked after building up the courage. “I might remember if you say it.”

              When she said the word remember, Lu Han was shocked. What was she trying to get at?

               “Haruka... Koizumi Haruka,” he said, almost stuttering in shock at her words.

               “Oh, I remember her! What did you mean by ‘you think I didn’t know her,’” Yang made a face. “Ruka-chan...That’s what I used to call her, right?”

                Lu Han furrowed his eyebrows before whispering, “what are you saying?”

                “I’m saying I remember her,” Yang answered, even though he had thought she didn’t hear what he said.

               “You remember her...?”

               “Mmhmm,” Yang nodded. She took his hand in hers and pulled him over to the couch where she sat down. He sat beside her as she covered both of them with the blanket she was probably using earlier.

               “You remember her...” Lu Han repeated it as a statement this time, under his breath. He felt as though there was a deeper meaning behind her words. Yang rolled her eyes at his words, brushing her hair aside so that all of it laid on her left shoulder.

               “What are you going on about, silly? You’re speaking as if it’s some sort of miracle that I remember her,” the dark-haired girl locked her eyes on the TV and she let out a giggle at something. “Though it’s strange, Lu...I didn’t remember her at first...it just hit me all of a sudden...”

               “Why are you–”

               “My memories are still a little fuzzy, but...”

 

Did someone tell her about her amnesia?

 

               “I think they’re slowly coming back.”

               Lu Han stared at her in shock. She was most definitely talking like a girl who had known about her amnesia. Yang turned away from the TV now and looked him straight in the eyes. Her eyes were shined with a thin layer of water, but it didn’t seem like she was about to cry though.

               “Do you–”

               “I know, Lu,” this time she turned her head away from him, and looked back at the television, but something about her eyes told Lu Han that she wasn’t paying attention to the program. “I overheard Yi Xing on the phone about my amnesia...”

                “When–”

                “Today.”

                Lu Han took a bit to let the pieces of information sink in. She was remembering things. Slowly, but surely. Did that mean he still had a chance? Did that mean she could still be his lover again?

                “Lu,” she pulled him out of his thoughts. He looked into her eyes, and he watched as a single tear fell from those usually-warm eyes. In a split second, he caught it with an outstretched finger. Yang took his hand in hers, pressing the warm hand tightly to her cheek. “I’m so confused, Lu...”

               “Shh...” Lu Han was now cradling her in his arms just like he used to when she cried. The blanket on them before had now dropped to the floor, forgotten. “Don’t cry...” he whispered in her ear.

                Yang pulled him closer, her hands clutching at his shirt. “I don’t know what to do, Lu...”

                “Shh,” he pressed his lips gently to her temple, just like he used to when she cried in his arms. She turned her head up to look at him, and Lu Han realized how close they really were. His eyes nervously flicked to her lips, quivering in her emotions. Before he knew what he was doing, Lu Han gently sealed her lips with his own. It was just a gentle and chaste kiss. Nothing more than a simple contact of lips against lips. Yang didn’t seem to make any move to push him away. In fact, Lu Han felt as if she had pulled him even closer, her smaller, frail hands holding on tightly to his shirt. 

               It ended just as quickly as it had started though, by the opening of the door and the beep of the alarm system when it opened.

               In a panic, Lu Han glanced at the door to see a shocked brother in the doorway, his backpack on one shoulder. It took the standing, brown-haired boy a moment before he rushed over and grabbed Lu Han by his arm. He quickly dragged him to one of the bedrooms, shutting the door just as they entered.

               “What are you doing, Lu Han?” the boy hissed. “You’re lucky I came up before the others. And Kris....” he groaned in frustration, clenching his teeth as he spoke again. “My sister...oh, ... what did you do, Lu Han?!”

               Lu Han furrowed his eyebrows again, Yi Xing was standing in front of him and scolding him. So...that kiss was real?!?! 

 

That kiss was real. That kiss was real. That kiss was real?!?!

 

               “LU HAN!!!” Yi Xing yelled, jerking him out of his repetitive thoughts. “What have you done?!”

               “I...”

               “You’re just making things worse right now! She doesn’t know it! She thinks she–”

                “She said she remembered...” the singer whispered, cutting Yi Xing off in mid-rant.

                “What are you talking about Lu Han? Get your head out of the clouds! The doctor said there was little to no chance of her remembering anything!”

                “She remembered Ruka...” This time, Lu Han grabbed the dancer by his shoulders and shook him. “She remembered Haruka. And she...she doesn’t remember much of that time period when I introduced them to each other. Yi Xing, she said it just hit her. She said that her memories were a little fuzzy, but she thinks they’re coming back!”

               Yi Xing could do nothing to stop Lu Han now. The only thing that stopped the older boy’s words was when the door opened behind the dancer. Chen and Tao stood in the doorway.

               “Ge ge, what’s going on?” Tao asked, stepping in with the Korean and closing the door. 

               “She said she thinks her memories are coming back!” Lu Han’s smile was growing now. “She remembered Ruka. She’s bound to remember us soon. Don’t you think so Yi Xing? Don’t you, Tao? JongDae?”

                The quick talk in Mandarin was starting to give the poor Korean boy a headache. He was still learning the language, and he could barely pick up where this conversation was going, despite the fact that Lu Han had just asked his opinion.

                “Hyung, what are you talking about. Slow...slow down..” Chen shook his head, speaking in Korean as he put a hand on Lu Han’s shoulder. 

               “This is absurd, Ge ge!” Tao snapped. The youngest of them glanced at Yi Xing, who was rubbing his temple with his hand as if to get rid of the rising headache. “Stop your ridiculous thinking! Do you know how insane you sound right now?!”

               “Tao...” Lu Han stared in shock at the youngest member of the band, but that didn’t stop him.

               “You’re probably just thinking these things up! Do you know how hard you’ve made things on Yi Xing ge?” 

               “Zi Tao–”

               “It’s been hard on all of us, Lu Han!” Tao didn’t let Yi Xing cut in. His voice continued to rise as he spoke, and he dropped all his respectful talk towards the second oldest member in the band. “You’ve made everything hard on all of us! It’s not just that sorry excuse of a best friend, Kris. You’re also burdening Yi Xing. You’re burdening JongDae and MinSeok hyung. Heck, you’re burdening HyunKyun hyung and me! Lu Han, you can’t fix these things! They’re unfixable! You–”

                “I will fix the unfixable, Zi Tao,” Lu Han had had enough with the youngest’s rant. “Nothing is impossible if you believe in it in here,” he pressed a finger to Tao’s chest above his heart.

               Not only Tao, but Yi Xing and Chen stared at Lu Han in shock, wondering when he gained all this confidence. Nothing about his facial expression told them that he was joking. Nothing.

               Meanwhile, oblivious to their arguing, Yang sat on the couch. Her fingers lightly brushed against her lips, the feeling of Lu Han’s soft ones on hers was still present. She didn’t know exactly why, but her heart was racing incredibly fast as if it had decided to run a marathon.

               “Yang Yang,” came a voice from the doorway. The called girl turned, wide-eyed, to see who it was. Kris stood in the doorway, holding a few take-out bags. HyunKyun and Xiu Min had already walked off to the kitchen to set up the table. “Were you okay at home alone?”

                How was she supposed to tell her boyfriend that everything had been fine? Moreover, how was she supposed to tell him that her best friend and one of his band members had just kissed her?! 

 


A/N: Sorry for missing another Saturday! I've been sick all week >.< (I know this shouldn't be an excuse! Sorry!!) So tell me, did you enjoy it?