Now or Never

To Fix Reality [Discontinued]

A/N: I am so so so so so sorry!! I can't believe it's been over a year since I last updated!! I had almost forgotten about this story until it came up when I was talking with a friend. I got stuck with my story line, but it's sort of...back now. I am such a horrible person for making you wait so long >.< I finished writing this chapter and I couldn't stop myself from putting it up for you! I'll try my best to get back on track for this story! Sorry for the wait!! Really!! >.< I feel so horrible... 

-KissMe_Angel97



By the time EXO M returned to their dorm in China, all six of them were exhausted. Kris propped his head up against the van's window. His eyes watched the people that passed by on the streets for what seemed like hours until a small weight dropped onto his shoulders. Slowly, he stretched his neck around, but all he could see were the dark, silky strands of Yang's long hair. His eyes trailed back down to his hand on his lap and lying only a few inches away, was her smaller hand. 

Kris reached his hand over, but when his larger fingers barely brushed against hers, he flinched back. He didn't deserve this. He knew it. He turned his head to look back at the window, trying desperately to forget about the head that was on his shoulder. 

Soon, the tall Canadian found himself drifting off to sleep, but before he could slip off away from reality, someone tapped his shoulder lightly. He rubbed his tired eyes with his free hand before turning his head as far possible back as his body would allow. "What?"

"Yi Xing says that he wants Yang in his room tonight and not yours..." yawned JongDae. The Korean singer rests his chin on the back of his seat as he speaks. His eyes are half-closed and it looks like he's sleep-talking. "He said that he's also kicking Lu Han out so she can use his bed..." another yawn, "...is it okay if he–"

"Yeah, yeah," EXO M's leader was too tired to process the information, therefore he wasn't exactly listening. Chen gave his roommate a strange look, before shrugging his shoulders and leaning back to rest. It didn't take him long until he was snoring again.

Beside him, Lay's eyes watched his leader's movements. He had noticed how distant he was becoming lately. It wasn't just towards EXO, but also towards Xiao Yang. It confused him. He didn't know how to respond to the strange actions, and so he would continue to keep quiet until he would decide to step in like he always did. 

Finally arriving at their dorm, Kris wrapped his arms around Yang's smaller body, when she rubbed her bare arms,in an attempt to warm her up. Ahead of him, Chen, Xiu Min and Tao were already rushing towards the elevator. Behind him, Yi Xing and Lu Han were exchanging words so quietly that he could barely hear anything. 

'Everyone hates me...' he closed his tired eyes as he shifted Yang's light weight in his arms. 'What have I done...'

Her forehead rests against the crook of his neck as she mumbled incoherent words. One of her hands clutched at the thin white fabric of his t-shirt as he stands in the corner of the elevator,  away from everyone else. Kris was used to this now. More like he couldn't remember what it felt like before he was so alone. Life was so lackluster and gray now.

When they reached their floor, everyone drags themselves to their respective rooms, ready for sleep to overtake them. Kris blindly shuffles his way down the dark hallway, pushing one of the doors open with his foot. He is met with a dozen sticky notes of all colors and sizes on the bed post of one of the beds and a neatly made bed on the other side. Kris shakes his head as he pulls away the plain-colored sheets of Lu Han's bed and lays Xiao Yang down on top. 

His eyes trail the beautiful features of her face. He brushes his fingers against her pale skin, a stray strand of her dark hair before placing it behind her ear. "I don't deserve you..." he whispered. Kris brushes her hair away from her forehead and leans down to plant a kiss. "I never did," he speaks softly, his lips brushing across her forehead. "But... When it comes to you, I can't help myself..."

The tall man turns to go after pulling up the covers for her, but he is stopped when she grabs his wrist. His heart jumps at the sudden movement, which scared him a little. 

"Don't leave..." Yang's voice is clearer than before when he had been carrying her, making him wonder if she had actually been awake the entire time. Kris starts to turn around, slowly... "Please... I love you... Don't go..." he turns his hand so that he is holding hers, but her grip weakens and he realizes that her eyes are still closed. What she said next made his already broken heart shatter into pieces, "Lu Han..."

She still loves him. Even though she's with him? Kris hates it, he always did, but he can't do anything about it. Why is it that Lu Han gets everything that he has worked so hard for, and three times quicker? First, he spent a few more years as a trainee than him, and yet they debuted at the same time. Now he has the support of his old friend and his best friend. Not only that the heart of the girl he loved had been taken by him already. His freehand tightens into a fist, but he leans down anyway and tells her, "he'll be back, just wait for him..."

Kris lets her hand slip back down onto Lu Han's bed before he quickly slips out of the room. He leans his back against the closed door with his forearm over his eyes. 'Stop...no... Why...?'

Running a hand through his light hair, the tall Canadian turns to head to his room. Lay is walking in his direction as he walks back towards his room and as they pass, the protective brother roughly knocks his shoulder against his band leader before disappearing into his room. 

'Yeah...why wouldn't he–all of them–hate me?'

He opens his own room's door to see the light pouring through the old lamp overhead. He quickly shuts the door silently and he sees Lu Han unrolling a sleeping bag on the ground, beside Chen's bed. Before he knows what he wants to say, the words spill out of his mouth. "Lu Han, You can have my bed."

The band's visual pauses, turning his head to look back at his tall leader. Dark eyes meet dark eyes in silence, both boys trying to understand the other. Suddenly, from the closed door behind him, Chen emerges with a small white towel over his damp, dark hair and a toothbrush in his foamy mouth. Water drips from the edge of JongDae's face as he stares between his two elders as if to figure out what is going on. 

"The shower is free if either of you wanna use it now," he says through his toothpaste, stuttering a bit as he speaks Chinese. Kris nods his head slowly before slipping off the watch that was on his wrist and placing it on his bedside table. 

"I'll use it," Kris mumbles as he grabs his towel hanging on the hook beside the door. He leaves the two boys in his room without another word, taking long strides to the washroom and shutting the door behind him once he arrived there.

Lu Han looks up at Chen from his kneeling position and the younger only blinks Chen shrugs his shoulders before he continues to brush his teeth and plop down on his bed. With a sigh, Lu Han stands upright and walks out of the room.

"Where're you going?" JongDae covers his mouth to prevent himself from spitting the rest of his foamy toothpaste out on accident. 

Lu Han chuckles with a dismissive wave of his hand, "to get a drink, I'll be right back." The young Korean makes a face before grabbing his phone to check his messages. 

The hallway was completely empty and rather quiet save for the sound of running water from the bathroom. Lu Han paused in front of the closed door that lead to the room he shared with YiXing, his hand was raised up to knock when he realized what he was doing. He rests his hand on the doorknob and shakes his head. With his free hand, Lu Han scratches his eyebrows before stepping away. What was he going to do? 

Just as he steps back to head for the kitchen, the door opens and standing in front of him was Xiao Yang, rubbing her tired eyes. "Ge ge, can you..."

When she looks up to see that it isn't her brother, her eyes widen a bit in surprise. The two of them stand in silence, neither of them saying another word. 

"I was...uhm..."

"Hey, I ... uh..."

When they speak at the same time, Xiao Yang giggles behind her small hand and smiles up at him. Seeing her soft smile and hearing her sweet laugh, Lu Han can't help but do the same. "It's dark out, but... uh... do you wanna go for a walk?" the singer suggests with a nervous chuckle.

"Sure, I'd love to," she nods her head then leans in to whisper, "but if anyone asks, it was your idea."

With a chuckle, Lu Han takes her smaller hand in his and leads her towards the door of the apartment. Yang looks at the back of his head, realizing only now how handsome he actually looked from behind. No wonder he has so many fans... she thought with a frown. Her eyes trailed to her hand in his and a small smile crept up on her lips. They fit so perfectly... Wait, what?! she shakes her head to clear her strange thoughts.

Just as the two of them slipped out of the apartment, Kris steps out of the shower room drying his hair with a white towel over his head. He blindly makes his way back to his room only to find the lights off and his roommate curled up on the bed on the other side of the room. He drops down onto the mattress on the ground and with a long exhale, he stares up at dark ceiling deep in thought. Not before long, he drifts off to sleep without knowing it. 


Kris opens his eyes to find himself in a brightly lit room with the rest of EXO M, who are chatting happily and playing around. He looked up from his book to see Tao and Xiu Min loudly playing whatever card game it was that they were playing. MinSeok frowned when the younger Chinese boy slammed his winning cards down on the table. On the couch in front of the TV, he saw Lay and Chen watching whatever it was on TV and laughing every now and then. 

He was about to continue reading when Xiao Yang's voice rang in his ears like the tingling of soft bells:

"I'm gonna go down the street to buy some things!" 

Kris's eyes watched as she slipped on her shoes with one hand. Her long black hair covered her face when she looked down to tie her shoelaces, but when she looked back up he could feel his heart skip a beat. He never realized how much she actually looked like her brother...her eyes, her nose, everything. Of course, they were siblings, but if he hadn't known that Yi Xing was older, Kris may have even thought that the two of them were twins. 

"Be safe, okay sis?" Yi Xing turned around from his spot on the couch. Small dimples appeared when he grinned at his younger sister, but he made no move to get up from his spot to go with her. 

The door down the hallway slammed shut with a loud bang and the tall Canadian turned his head to see Lu Han standing at the edge of the room with only a long towel wrapped around his waist. His light hair was dripping wet, showing that he had probably just stepped out of the shower when she had announced her leave, "are you sure you don't want me to go with you? I mean, it's raining and all..."

With a small giggle, the Chinese girl walked up to him and stepped up on her toes to give the singer a light peck on the lips. She smiled when she pulled away and shook her head slowly. "I'll be fine, don't worry," she whispered. 

'Don't worry'... those were the words she said that...day...Kris thought as he the page he was turning in his book. He could feel the jealousy burning inside him when he watched Yang kiss Lu Han. He had nearly stood up to walk over and pull the two of them apart when he realized what was going on. 

Kris watched closely as Lu Han made an unsatisfied face before leaning down and placing his lips over hers in a sweet and gentle kiss. He clenched his hands into tight fists when Yang's arms immediately wrapped around the taller's neck and one of the singer's hands rested on her hip. His other hand caressed her cheek with the backs on his long fingers.

After a while, the couple reluctantly pulled away from each other and rested their foreheads against each other. "I...should get going..." Yang whispered, her fingers twirled a few strands of Lu Han's light hair at the bottom of his neck. 

With a flash of hopefulness in his eyes, Lu Han pouted at her, "wait, just a little bit. I"ll get changed and we can go together."

She's stubborn...if she wants to go alone, she's gonna go alone... Kris thought with a roll of his eyes. But then he remembered. It was because she was stubborn and that no one went with her this first time that she was hurt in that accident.

With another shake of her head, Yang gave her boyfriend (of that time) a soft peck on his lips. "I'll be back soon, Lu Han. Don't worry. I'll make it quick, hmm?" She closed her eyes for a second before locking them with Lu Han's warm eyes. "I love you."

"I love you, too." When Yang had whispered it, Lu Han had spoken the words loud enough for everyone to hear them.The rest of EXO M's members turned their heads to look at the couple. Kris stiffened at their sweet exchange when MinSeok and Tao snickered at what they found quite humorous to hear so many times in one day. 

Yang nudged her boyfriends bare chest with a giggle, "you didn't have to say it so loud..." The Beijing boy couldn't help the smile on his lips as he placed another kiss on her forehead before she could step away. Kris clenched his hands so tightly that his nails were starting to hurt his palms when a deep shade of red adorned the younger girl's cheeks. 

Tao and Xiu Min burst out into fits of laughter, their game entirely forgotten now as they watched the couple. Lu Han shot the two of them a look that almost immediately shut them up before turning his attention back to his girlfriend. 

"I'll be going now..." 

After Yang had slipped out the door and Lu Han had disappeared into the room he shared with Yi Xing, Kris stood up. No one paid any special attention to him as he did this. Tao and Xiu Min continued their game while JongDae and Yi Xing started their own little conversation.

It was now or never for him. Kris had had this dream over and over again and every time it ended the same way it had ended with the actual accident. Maybe...just maybe, if he changed the outcome of his dream, he might be able to fix the actual thing. 

Before, he had tried to do this once, but stopped when he remembered that Xiao Yang wouldn't have been his now if the accident hadn't happened. However, now, with all the hateful eyes now on his conscious and the guilt tugging at his heart, Kris decided that this time, he would change it. He would change it for the better, for sure. 

Kris stood up and darted out the doorway, chasing after the younger girl who had just walked out. 

It was now...or never.