Chaos

A Crippled Miracle

Jin Ye rolled her eyes around and tried to adjust to her surroundings and brightness. She had been closing her eyes for she-don't-know-how-long in the darkness and hearing voices speaking to her. But she didn't know who- it was like a stranger to her. Now it dawned to Jin Ye that she was in a hospital, and she didn't know why. She forgot her memory.

She closed her eyes again, and tried to recall what happened, but she can't. A throbbing headache rolled on. Never mind that. She hadn't tasted food and water for what seemed like eternity. She pressed her palm against the bed and tried to sit up, but with much difficulty. She couldn't feel her legs; probably numb. Not suspicious, Jin Ye reached out for the glass cup on the table. 

 

A loud thud could be heard followed by a deafening crash. Jin Ye fell from the bed. The glass cup was far from her reach, she tried using her legs to push herself nearer but instead fell off from the bed and her hand knocked onto the glass cup. Part of the broken glass cut Jin Ye's hand. Blood oozed out from the wound. 

The door burst open and Nurse Ye ran into the room. "Are you okay?!" Nurse Ye asked worriedly. "You can't move about randomly." 

Cant. Move. About. 

These three words suddenly struck Jin Ye's mind. She can't feel her legs, not because of numbness but she was crippled! Jin Ye was angry. Some stupid things made her go crippled!! "AHHH!!" She screamed her lungs out and pushed Nurse Ye away. Taking a glass shard she threatened to end her life. Just then a phone rang. 

"whoo whoo whoo whoo... Whoo whoo whoo whoo..." that familiar sound of whistling. Troublemaker. 

Jin Ye dropped the glass shard and buried her face in her hands and cried. 

She loved music. 

Music was like a special remedy for her; it saved her life.