Exchange of people

A Crippled Miracle

Surgeon So had thought over it very carefully. He's plan seemed so crazy, and no other doctors would do it. Based on the way how he acted to Hye Jin he knew they shared a bond. Hye Jin was the first patient he had ever known that her kin did not bother to care about her. Surgeon So nodded his head, it meant he wanted to proceed with his plan. He drafted a copy of their 'contract'. 

Just then, the door slammed open and an old man walked in with his shoulders and hands swinging around like a gangster as he walked. Surgeon So was not surprised at his unruly behaviors; not knocking the door before entering. 

"You called?" Hye Jin's grandfather questioned, and before Surgeon So can even invite him to sit down he pulled out the chair and sat down, with his legs on his knees and shaking them. 

"Yes." surgeon So nodded. "Your daughter, Hye Jin Was involved in a car accident and you have to pay for her medical fees. She is currently in a state of coma." Surgeon So said. The minute Hye Jin Grafather opened his mouth Surgeon So was able to guess what he was going to say. 

"Pay?! For that useless filthy orphan?! No way! I'm not going to spend a bomb on her!!" Hye Jin's Granfather shouted in fury. Surgeon So rolled his eyes and shook his head.

"As expected." Surgeon So silently took out the piece of paper from the printing machine and passed to Grandfather. He stared at the piece of paper with amusement. 

"You want to adopt that girl?!" Hye Jin's Grandfather laughed loudly. Surgeon So frowned and pointed at the paper. 

"Look. Just in case you don't understand some of thewords, I'll just tell you the details. First, I'm adopting your daughter for a hundred thousand dollars. Secondly, I'm going to pay for Hye Jin's medical fees. Thirdly after you sign this contract you cannot revoke or harrass anyone of us. Fourthly, you can quote another reasonable condition." 

Hye Jin's grandfather squinted his eyes at Surgeon So. He pondered a moment before saying," You have to pay for my monthy expenses. At least mail me Ten thousand won per month and I'll not bother you anymore." Surgeon So nodded his head. That sum of money wasn't a problem to him, anyway he's a surgeon and had high salary. So, Hye Jin's Hrandfather immediately signed the contract and passed it to Surgeon So. They faked a smile at each other before Hye Jin's grandfather left. He stretched his arm and let out a long sigh. "Finally she's disposed!!" 

Surgeon So mentally throw a knife at Hye Jin's grandfather. But at least he knew that when Hye Jin wakes up she is able to live a much better life then before. At least so.