"I've run out of ideas! What do I do?"

Making Mistakes the Right Way {a writing tip thread}

Hi everybody! I'm back with a short "lesson", or whatever you would like to call it. Anyway, I just wanted to cover how to overcome the horrible, horrible, "writer's block." Honestly, if you haven't experienced writer's block yet, consider yourself lucky. (But I highly doubt this--almost everybody who is a writer experiences this).


You sit on the computer, open up the Microsoft Word (or google docs) application, ready to write. But then, as you briefly look over the previous chapter to refresh your brain on what's going on with your story, your mind completely blanks out. "What do I do now?" See, you're experiencing writer's block. Don't worry though. These usually span from one day to one month. Maybe even a year, but usually the case of writer's block lasts up to a week or so. (Well at least for me.) 


-justadreamer-'s way to get rid of writer's block

[NOTE: This is my own way to get rid of it quicker. Of course, you can always let nature take its course and wait it out.]

1) Watch dramas! A little romance won't hurt anyone. (It can be Korean, American or Chinese.) 

2) Watch variety shows--they always crack me up. (INFINITE'S RANKING KING IS THE BEST. B.A.P'S KILLING CAMP IS FUNNY. B1A4'S HELLO BABY IS ADORABLE. APINK'S NEWS IS AWESOME. Or, you can always watch Weekly Idol. Or if you're into something romantic, tune into WGM. But you should really watch the old WGM couples like YongSeo, KhunToria, Adam Couple or KwangHwa.) 

3) Watch performances of my favorite k-pop groups (Infinite, EXO, B1A4, B.A.P, A Pink, f(x), SHINee, etc.) [I sometimes watch those really special music shows that stream at the end of the year, you know.) 

4) Read lots and lots of fanfictions/books (I gain inspiration from fanfictions I read.) 

5) Write a different story instead! (Usually, you're thinking about other ideas so they distract you from your main story. Put down these ideas into words, and you won't have to keep on remembering it.) 

6) Just look at people's interactions or simply nature. (I don't know. When my parents are driving me places, I just stare out the window and look at the things outside.) 

7) Play some games/sports to relieve you of your stress. 

8) Hang out with your friends/family. (They're always there, you know.) 


Just a little tip to help you guys out. If you need any more help, feel free to comment below! Now before I leave you guys...I just sort of want to let out my feelings here, but you guys can always skip over it. I really don't care. But I also apologize for some cursing used below. So if you feel uncomfortable in any way, please skip over this ranting paragraph. Thank you. 


So in our physical education class, we're playing volleytennis now. (It's a combination of volleyball and tennis.) Honestly, I've looked to this unit the most, because I feel that I do the best in this. But apparently my team mates don't agree. There's ten girls in our team. And we ten are all really good friends. So I'm assuming since we're all good friends, my team mates think they have the right to yell at me and a few others. Like. Just because we're all good friends and all, I really don't appreciate you yelling. Just cause I messed up a few times today and it didn't seem like I played my best, you guys can yell at me? Like what the f.uck. Then what even more is that the second game we played today (through fifty minutes, we play two games per day) is that my teammates were like, "GET OFF THE COURT SINCE YOU GUYS ." Okay, that f.ucking hurt. Look. I get that my friends are super competitve, but c'mon. It's f.ucking p.e, and they're making a f.ucking big deal about it. 

Let me make this more clear. Within our team, I have five friends who--how do I put it more nicely--ball hog, rage at our team because we're losing, or simply because they think they're better than everyone. So the other day, I heard that these five friends formulated a plan to simply ball hog and just create a five-man team, leaving the other half of the team out of this (because apparently we mess up too much.) WELL YOU KNOW WHAT. Four of these five friends all gave up in several games. THREE OF THEM SIMPLY SAT DOWN ON THE TENNIS COURT AND SAID, "I'M NOT PLAYING. WE SO F.UCKING MUCH." LIKE. They thought I wasn't trying hard today, but at least I didn't f.ucking sit down on the court and say "IM NOT PLAYING." So I f.ucking cried today because of my f.ucking friends. I love them, but their competiveness, cockiness gets to their head. I'm especially disappointed in the friend who said, "GET OFF THE COURT SINCE YOU GUYS ." She also said, "DON'T PLAY AT ALL THEN!" Like what the f.uck. Today really balls, and since we have another unit of sport next week, I AM NEVER PAIRING UP WITH THESE PEOPLE EVER AGAIN. Call me a bitter hateful person, but place yourself in my position. See how it feels to be yelled at. I'd rather be stuck with booger-picking-nose people than be stuck with friends who f.ucking yell at their own friends. I had enough with this.