Overused Plots

Making Mistakes the Right Way {a writing tip thread}

Okay. Firstly, I apologize for not updating for like forever. I know, but you know, we all have lives outside of AFF. I hope y'all understand. Now moving on, let's touch upon the topic of overused plots.


We've all been there. From reading arranged marriage stories, to reading kingka and nerd stories, and so on. The most overused plots on AFF are these two. Please, don't be cliche and start writing these stories. We all know what's going to happen in both plots. Don't go calling us mind-readers or whatever, because it's pretty obvious. 

arranged marriages

Two rich people marry each other to merge their companies together. They hate each other at first, by gradually, over time, they begin to notice the good things about their signficiant other. Of course, there's always a bad girl and the second guy who tries to break the marriage apart. I mean, yeah sure, arranged marriages are a great plot. You'll gain alot of subscribers. I have nothing against you, but can you at least try to make your arranged marriages different from others? Like a plot twist? Like somebody dies or I don't know. Just don't make it two rich people marrying each other. Like, do you honestly expect these arranged marriages to happen in the 21st century? And not all rich people have to marry rich people. Do you get what I'm saying? Sure, you can base your story around an arranged marriage. But make it original, and not all marriages are that fluffy.

KINGKA AND NERD.

Yes, because you know, ALL NERDS HAVE GLASSES AND WHEN THEY TAKE IT OFF, THEY LOOK ABSOLUTELY STUNNING. Yeah right. Do you honestly think the most popular guy will fall for a nerd? As bitter as I may sound, this isn't based off personal experience. It's based off of REALITY. The popular guy of course will seek for the most beautiful and athletic girl in the school.  Do you honestly think he'll look for some nerd? I mean it could be possible, but that NEVER HAPPENS in life. I have nothing against this plot, it's just that...let's be more realistic, no? 


Let me get my point clear once more. NOT ALL NERDS HAVE TO HAVE GLASSES. AND WHEN THEY TAKE THE GLASSES OFF, THAT DOES NOT THEY WILL BE BEAUTIFUL UNDERNEATH. I mean all people are beautiful in their own ways, but a popular guy and a nerd..o.o Yeah no. ARRANGED MARRIAGES can end many ways. In real life they just might not have chemistry and divorce later on. Not all marriages are lucky. 


If you ever write a story based on these, hats off to you. Great, you'll gain a billion subscribers and upvotes. But you know, you'll just be docked off "0" for originality. These plots are too overused, and you and I both know that. Don't lie to yourself. Be true to yourself. You know that you're more capable than going to stories like this. Call me a hypocrite, for I will be writing an arranged marriage fanfiction soon, but it'll have a plot twist, certainly. It's not going to be all fluffy. If you want a good arranged marriage that isn't fluffy at all, I recommend -loveable-'s Paradise in Hell. It's not exactly an arranged marriage, more like a forced marriage. Interested yet? Check it out. I'll be back as soon as possible, but first, answer this poll.