The Date

The Blind Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

The Date

Together, they walked in silence.  Jinki searched through his head for interesting topics to talk about, but he couldn't find any.  Roxanne didn't mind it, however.  She enjoyed the quietness and didn't notice Jinki's anxiousness.

Still, Jinki's head was clouded.

How was he going to make this date good?  What would they do once they get where they were going?  How did he even manage to ask her out when they haven't even known each other fully?  Why was he there?!

Nevertheless, he could careless.

"R-Roxanne..? Where are we going?" Jinki asked

"Well, you're the boy aren't you? Don't you have somewhere planned?" Roxanne asked

Jinki mentally slapped himself. But how was he supposed to know? This girl was mysterious in so many levels! 

"Jinki, Jinki.. please, calm down. It's alright. I was just kidding. I was just planning on walking around the park" Roxanne said carefully, worried she'd get him even more anxious.

Jinki sighed in relief. "T-Thanks"

"So, hey! How was your day?" Roxanne asked

"It was.." Jinki bit his lip. He dreaded these kind of questions. How was your day? What did you do today? He fret that his answer might be too boring. "It was.." He really didn't know what to say to seem interesting to this girl. He really felt this nervous around her. He looked down and sighed. "It was alright"

"That's good.. to know..?" Roxanne bit her cheek. 

"How was yours?" Jinki asked.

"It was fun. My nanny and I went shopping" Roxanne smiled.

That is exactly what he hated. Other people giving out other answers that were obviously better than his. But he didn't mind, since he loved listening about her day. "That souds like fun. Please, tell me more" he foud himself saying.

"Oh, well, no one has ever asked me that before." After that, Roxanne started talking about her day. After her studies with her teacher, her nanny took her out to the mall. It was a small mall where not a lot of people went to. They walked around the park and found an open hot dog stand. They each took one and sat down in a bench nearby. They laughed and told each other jokes. After they were done, they continued walking.

Roxanne continued to talk about her life. Jinki also learned that her nanny was 45 years old and had taken care of her ever since she was young. Roxanne told Jinki all about her fun childhood memories. Jinki could just listen with amusement. 

"Sometimes I wish my nanny was my real mother" Roxanne sighed.

Jinki looked at her curiously. "Why do you say that?"

Roxanne's delicate hands instantly flew up to her face in surprise. "Oh! That didn't come out of my mouth, d

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter