Boring Life

The Blind Side
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

Boring Life

Lee Jinki walked across the campus of his high school. It was pretty huge but every time he walked across it, he felt as if he was taking the same steps to the next boring class. Because that was his perfectly normal and boring life.

Jinki's life was pretty average. His parents were happy together, there was never drama at home. He passed his high school years as invisible and now he was in his senior year keeping his invisible look.

As mentioned earlier, pretty average.

He kicked a rock as he walked until he kicked it out of the sideawalk. It would be stupid to go back to kick it again so he just shook his head and continued walking. He let out a deep sigh that lingered in the cold winter air.

"This is draining the life out of me. Midterms always depress me" he shook his head. He silently agreed to walk out of campus and make his way to a nearby park. 

The park was even more depressing. In the day, kids would be laughing and playing in the snow. But in the night with the cold winter air, and branches creeking, it felt like he was stuck in a scary movie. He kicked another rock, stronger this time, letting out his frustration. He then sat in a nearby bench and inserted his hands in his jacket's pockets. 

"This .." he muttered. He had always wanted his life to be something more than this, something more than the sameness he experienced everyday.  But how could he do that when there was almost nothing left new to try?

"I'd probably just... go home."  He sighed, standing up from the bench.

The walk home was, as expected, normal and quiet.  Jinki's eyelids drooped at each thing he saw on the way home: some kids screaming as they were hurrying home, the continuous waving of tree branches, leaves falling to the ground only to get stepped on by him.  But, at last, he had arrived at his house.

"Umma, I'm home."  He

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter