Part I

The Dull One side story CHRISTMAS SPECIAL

Woohyun let out a long breath and marveled as it turned into vapor quickly, the white smoky like air disappearing as quickly as it came.

He tapped his feet impatiently as he waited for her. Her.

That one girl that took his heart and refused to return it whatsoever. Woohyun never thought he'd be a er for romanticism or as they say, weak in the knees because of a certain girl, but Shin Yoomi proved everything wrong for him.

He liked to declare himself a strong minded male that had opinion and self tolerance, but honestly? The Infinite boys were right.

He was whipped. Utterly utterly whipped.

And the best thing? He didn't mind.

"Woohyun oppa!"

Woohyun perked up immediately at the voice and looked around, smiling brightly as his girl came running towards him. Her cheeks were flushed red because of the cold and her pink sweater looked too large for her.

She wasn't the prettiest or outstanding girl in the world. Not even in Seoul. Not even in Woolim high because there was Chaekyung for it.

No. And Woohyun never thought he would fall for someone that wasn't the first in terms of looks.

In fact, he never even pictured himself falling for anyone.

"Yoomi!" Woohyun waved her over and all the air was knocked out of his lungs as Yoomi hurled herself at him, hugging him tightly. Woohyun's arms curled around her naturally and he took a deep breath.

That was right. Her in his arms. Nothing better than this.

"Sorry I'm late." Yoomi poked her head up and grinned sheepishly at him. "My mother made me stay for dessert before I could sneak off."

Woohyun kissed her nose and took her hand, swinging their interlaced fingers. "It's okay to spend your time with your family, babe." He chuckled. "I didn't wait that long either."

Yoomi smiled and nodded, skipping lightly in her steps as they strolled outside her house.

It was Christmas Eve and most people were home celebrating Christmas with their families. Woohyun had too spent Christmas with his family, however he had made it a point for the past Christmas since he and Yoomi got together, that they were to countdown to Christmas Day together.

They met after the celebrations and Woohyun wanted to spend the last few minutes of December 24th with her.

"Where are we going this time, oppa?" Yoomi asked curiously, her eyes looking around at the well lit homes and ears perking at the occasional cheers from the homes.

Woohyun gave her a smile and continued walking. "You'll see. Did you think I'd kidnap you or something?" He mused, tapping her frozen nose.

Yoomi wrinkled her nose and gave him a sly smile. "I don't know. You seem to fit a kidnapper's role quite well." She joked.

Woohyun raised a brow and shook his head in amusement. He pressed a kiss to the top of her head and tightened his grip on her hand. "We're nearly there."

After five minutes of walking, they were.

Yoomi looked around curiously to recognize that he had brought her to the beach near her house. She could hear the waves crashing on the shore and make out the faint line where the sky met the sea.

Woohyun led her to a single street lamp and took out a strange looking remote control. He gave her a goofy grin and clicked on it.

Instantly, the street lamp lighted up. Sounded stupid but the lamp was actually covered in tiny LED light bulbs that were seen on Christmas trees, and there was even a small Christmas tree beside it.

A bench was placed beside the street lamp and as the light was , Yoomi could make out the words "Merry Christmas Yoomi, I love you." That was painted on the white bench.

She turned to Woohyun on absolute surprise, a bright smile lighting her face. "Oh my gosh Woohyun oppa." She gasped, delighted.

Woohyun led her to sit on the bench, wrapping an arm around her shoulder and making her lie on his shoulder. "Remember this street lamp?" He pointed.

Yoomi nodded with a small smile, a faraway look in her eyes. "Of course I do." She whispered softly. She smiled up at him. "This is a nice place you chose."

"I know." He chuckled softly. "And when midnight strikes, we'll be able to see the fireworks from here I think. Better than two years ago huh?"

Yoomi snuggled against him for warmth and nodded. "Two years ago there was only the street lamp. No tree no bench." She recalled. "And it wasn't even Christmas. It was Valentines."

"Yeah I remember." Woohyun grinned at the memory. "It was the happiest day of my life." He shot her a look. "Not sure about you." He feigned a hurt look.

"It was mine too." Yoomi laughed and hit his arm. She settled into the crook of his neck and let out a satisfied sigh.

She watched the night sky and enjoyed the sound of the waves crashing on the shore. Woohyun looked at her after a few moments and saw that she was thinking deeply.

He nudged her and cocked a brow. "What are you thinking about?" He murmured.

Yoomi gave a small smile and looked at him. "I'm curious, really. You never told me your side of the story." She mused. "Why did you pick me?"

Woohyun rapidly turned red and Yoomi laughed heartily. "Seriously oppa? You're blushing? You're perhaps the greasiest guy in South Korea and you're blushing because i asked you why you picked me."

Woohyun made a face. "Sensitive topic."

"No but seriously," Yoomi turned in his arms to look at him face to face. "Why me? The reason why I couldn't really believe you at first was because you chose me. Plain old Shin Yoomi compared to Chaekyung. I didn't understand and till now, I still don't."

She poked his cheek. "Enlighten me, oppa." Her eyes glittered with curiosity.

Woohyun sighed and patted her cheeks, grimacing. "Fine fine. Lets start from the first day you entered Middle School, shall we?"





WOOHYUN's POV

I was waiting outside the school again.

Yes yes before you start your lecture, need I remind you this was exactly what playboys did? Fool around?

That was what I was doing, fooling around.

I was a freshie at Woolim High, a mere 16 years old. But dear me, I was more than proud of my dating history. Namstar wasn't the heart stealer for nothing.

I had dated a whooping twenty plus girls since my time in Middle School and dated a few High school girls, even seniors. Each girl would tide me through from a few days to a week but none really interested me.
br> Sunggyu hyung always told me to stop my playboy ways and threatened that I was going to get into trouble one of these days. But seriously? Where was the trouble in that?

I only date them, fool around. Sure a few kisses and hugs but nothing serious. He didn't think I'd actually do THE DEED with them did he? For goodness sake I'm a good citizen that abides the law. I will not commit underaged...you know what.

In fact, I made a rule for myself that I will not do THE DEED until I had gotten married. Which translated to me being a for the rest of my life. Thank you very much.

Girls girls girls. So many of them wanted me and I had flirted with so many of them, dated and fooled around with them. But why was it that none of them made it seem worth it to finally date her seriously? Not a single one.

Anyway back to topic. I was outside one of the middle schools near Woolim high, called Jido Middle school.

I was here, again, with another bouquet of flowers for the prettiest girl in this school: Lee Chaekyung.

I heard there was a Lee Jaekyung that was really pretty before that but she transferred away. Pity. But anyway this Lee Chaekyung was a real cutie. She was pretty and she didn't have the airs, so that made her more likable than some of the stupid es I had dated.

Honestly, Chaekyung was a nice girl. And it made sense that she had her own fanclub and things like that. However even as I was trying to court her (day number 4 now), I could safely say that I had no romantic feelings for her.

Why court her then? Pride, baby. It's all about pride.

Chaekyung was two years younger than me, making her in the second year of middle school. I saw her walk out with her cute bob bobbing up and down as she bounced (I could totally see why that hairstyle was named as such), and I immediately straightened.

Chaekyung was hard to get. I wasn't sure if she was playing hard to get though, but she seemed to be genuinely uninterested in me. Strange, really.

However today, Chaekyung had another girl walking beside her. A girl I had never seen before.

She wasn't very pretty, bearable actually. Compared to Chaekyung she didn't look attractive at all, with her slightly messed up hair and lips that didn't seem to stop curling up in a grin.

I figured she was a new student at the school and I wouldn't have paid her any attention if not for the fact that she was Chaekyung's friend and I wanted to impress Chaekyung.

The two girls walked out of the school gates and I sauntered over in a way that was absurdly cool. I could bet you a million won, seriously. My swag was undeniable.

Chaekyung blinked up at him with her oh so long lashes and the girl beside her did a double take at me. I inwardly smirked. *Hah little girl, you're not pretty enough for me.*

Just as I opened my mouth to talk, the girl actually inserted herself between Chaekyung and me and turned Chaekyung away, squeezing her own eyes shut.

"WILL YOU ZIP YOUR PANTS, YOU FLASHER???" She shrieked.

I gaped at her, looked down, and whoalah~

She was right. It was ped. And the freaking girl screamed it for the entire world to know and everyone was looking at me while I pulled my zip up.

Talk about embarrassment.

"It's done. Open your eyes." I snapped, already feeling annoyed.

The girl shook her head and kept her eyes squeezed. She resembled a chipmunk actually.

"No!" She resisted, even using one hand to cover her eyes and one hand to keep me at a distance.

I think I laughed.

"Open your eyes, babo. I zipped it already." I snatched her hand away and she just stared at him, not daring to look at my bottom half of my body.

Okay, I think I needed a reassessment.

This girl wasn't merely bearable. I think she might be cute.

Just slightly though, don't get me wrong. Very very slightly.

Cute.