Kris

EXO M Stories

It was the usual Wednesday afternoon for you, standing behind a counter to calculate numbers, handing out change and bidding the customers goodbye. You sat on the stool behind the counter, flicking through the magazine 'Vogue Girl' when the door swung open, a light breeze hitting your face. You looked and set the magazine back underneath the table and stood up, brushing your navy blue apron while fixing your badge that read 'Son Jaehye', ready to welcome the customer, when you saw who it was. It was him who comes by almost everyday, buying only a few things at a time, which is why he comes by nearly everyday. He's weird, you thought, but you greet him as usual, giving him a nice smile. He only nods, acknowledging your presence and walks by. 

You notice he that as soon as he walks past you, he goes into isle 4 and looks through the wide variety of snacks, looking from packets of potato chips to sour candies. He seemingly picks up the same packet of 'Original flavoured Lay's' chips first before roaming round to look at drinks before dump several bottles of water and Sprite into his basket next. You've seen him do this so many times before you actually memorise where he goes and what he picks up. You don't intentionally go and try to remember, it's just that, you've seen it so many time before you just remember.

He comes to the counter next, placing his basket on the shiny silver surface next to the till while you scan the items, pack them into a plastic bag and push it slightly towards him. You notice he added a can of cold coffee today when scanning the items. You calculate the amount and give him a small smile like you usually do, everytime you see him.

"Thats 15061.79 won* please."

He hands you the amount and takes the bag, mumbling a 'Thankyou' that you can barely make out. You watch as his back figure dissapears around the corner and sit back down, placing your hand over your heart, beating fast against your ribcage. You take deep breaths, calming yourself down.

He who comes by the shop everyday is Kris. He goes to my school, and we're in quite a few lessons with each other. He doesn't say much, but i see him talk and laugh loudly with his friends. He does talk to me, and quite alot actually, but only when we are in the same lesson; he seats beside me. He's not cold like everyone takes him to be, he's actually a nice person, which is why i fell for him. I don't what he thinks of me, even though we've been seated beside each other every year for the same lessons.  But i wonder, this year, he doesn't talk to me much, only when he's asking a question. Other than that, he doesn't say anything. We would even sometimes exchange a few words when he come by, not anymore though.

 

----

 

You woke up on a Friday, pressing your alarm clock to stop it from buzzing. You stretched and smiled, which is weird because you never smile on a Friday. But you had a feeling something good was happening today. So you did your usual procedures, washing yourself, wearing your uniform and finally fixing your hair and adding just a tiny amount of make-up like usual. You headed down stairs you eat your breakfast, bid goodbye to your parents and headed to school, where the most un-expected happened.

"Ah, Jaehye!" You friend Aeseok called you over. You smiled and walked over to her, feeling the gaze of someone on you. Today's the day. He told himself and braced himself while his friend, Yixing, gave him a pat on the shoulder for encouragement. 

"So, when?" Yixing asked.

"When what?"

"When are you asking her obviously!" When Yixing said that, his shoulders slumped and he sighed.

"I'm not sure, but i know it's definately not now."

 

----

 

You feel weird. Well, maybe it's not you but you keep feeling someone's gaze and it's creeping you out like hell. You decide to find out who this person was but all that was behind you was Kris and he wouldn't stare at you right? I mean, he doesn't have a reason to but maybe, just maybe it was him and you suddenly felt kind of.. Giddy about it. Kris was possibly the one that has been staring at you the whole day. Wow.

"Jaehye!" Aeseok called again as you stepped into the caferteria. You smiled and just as you sat down, you feel the eyes again. Quick to react, you turn your head to the direction and then... Bingo! You comfirmed it was Kris, definately Kris. You sat down and looked at Kris you shockingly smiled at you for like what, the first time this year. Wow.

"Who're you looking at?" Aeseok asked and followed your gaze. She grinned. "You have good taste in men Jaehye."

"I do?" You replied, completely oblivious to what she really meant.

"Kris is a good chioce." She said bluntly and you looked away, turning pink.

"What do you mean?" She leaned closer.

"I caught him staring at you all day today. And just now you went pink." She wiggled her eyebrows. You knocked her forehead.

"You knew about me liking him last year..." You said and chewed on your sandwich. 

 

----

 

You grabbed the same apron as usual and put it round your neck, adjusting the name tag. You checked the time: 4:13pm. And as if on cue, the door opened and the bell dinged. Then in comes Kris, or so you thought. Instead, Yixing strolled in, whistling while he walked past you and you greeted him, grabbing a basket on the way. He swung the backet back and forth but then he stopped. He stopped walking and whistling and then he turned around and smiled. You smiled back, confused.

"Hi Jaehye!"

"Um.. Hi.."

"I'm here in place of Kris." He shouted throwing in everything he set his eyes on. "He's busy." 

"Okay.." Then he came out of the isle again. 

"He wanted me to pass this on to you." He dug in his pocket and handed you a scruffy paper. You looked at him as he placed his basket down, ready for you to scan his items. So you did, and quickly aswell. Packing his stuff in the plastic bag you said goodbye to him and opened the piece of paper. Your eyes scanned over the terribly words written in blue ink and you think you nearly died of happiness.

Hey. I couldn't come to the shop today because i was busy doing something, so XingXing came on place of me instead. Did he pass this letter on to you for me? I hope so or i'll kill him. 

Anyway, will you meet me at the park whenever you're free from work? I just want to see you, i'm already there.

Kris.

Was that am indirect confession or..? You smiled so widely and looked at the time. 4:10pm. You're on break, yes! You went to ask your boss for extra time for you break, telling him you had to go home to do something impoertant. Luckily for you, he let you have an extra 20 minutes, saying it's your reward for doing so much. That being said, you went outside and the heat hit you pretty hard. Why was it so hot today? Lucky that you were in shorts and a t-shirt, but damn it was still hot. 

Then i was time to head over to the park.

You arrived there to see Kris at a bench, on his phone. He was slightly slouched on the bench, still in his uniform. His shirt was un-tucked and his tie just lay there perfectly. You walked closer and he looked up, smiling. You tried hard not to collaspe from that smile of his. You smiled back and he patted the soace next to him on bench, you happily seated beside him. 

"So,"

"Um," You both said at the same time and laughed.

"You go first." You said to him and sat up, fidgiting in his seat. 

"Ok, well.." He started and rubbed the back of his neck. Then he suddenly stood up and tilted your head to meet with his gaze as he took a deep breath.

" I like you Jaehye." He blurted and your eyes widened. "Actually, it'd be more accurate to say i love you. But it you don't feel the same way then i-" You pulled his tie down and crashed your lips against his and his eyes widened. You pulled away. 

"Is that your way of saying me too?"

"What do you think Kris?" He smirked and took your hand, pulling you up as he wrapping his arms around your waist tightly to bring you closer to his body and he leaned in again, taking your lips. You wrapped your arms around his neck to bring him even closer if that was even possible, kissing him back. He pulled away and leaned his forehead against yours, taking your hand and laced his fingers with yours. 

 

 


*About £9.00 (British pounds) / $14 (U.S Dollars)