A Step Back in Time

It's Fate that Playing with us (Valentine's Special)
~ It’s Fate that Playing with us (Valentine’s Special) ~ Chapter 2~

-One year ago-

“Miss Yoona,” she stopped almost instantly upon hearing the maid’s concerned voice. She had been followed around by this maid over the past few weeks. Turning around, Yoona tiredly said, “Lily, you don’t need to keep accompanying me. I’m fine by myself.”

“But, Young Master Minho had leave an order that wherever Miss Yoona go, I and the security guards will be there,” Lily the thirteen years old maid said.

Looking at the number of security guards around Yoona sighed as she knows there’s no way she can escaped this group of people.

“Can’t you just stay still and finish the day off peacefully?” a guy around his early twenties approached Yoona from behind. “There’re only three hours left after all.”

“Just like what you said, three hours before school ends,” Yoona weakly turned face to face Minho, “Can’t I just leave earlier today?”

Reaching his arm over her cheek, he gently rubs on it, “Yoona, you do know your health condition very well. You can’t be going the theme park now, is winter and the breeze out there will easily hurt you.” Holding on her hand, he frowned, “See, your hand is like icy cold, face pale as if not enough blood.”

“Minho oppa, you do know very well that if I don’t go today, I might not be able to see omma forever,” tears welling in her eyes as Minho turned away not even having a thought of allowing her to leave.

Almost half a minute dead silent had passed by, knowing that Yoona was about to plead him again, he turned around and handed her a phone. “I’m telling you now, if you don’t answer my call, you’ll be dead meat.”

A wide smile emerged in her face, “Thank you oppa, I’ll be back very soon.”

-Magic World-

Pacing fast ahead the Ferris wheel whilst looking down at her watch, Yoona was oblivious there was a person heading fast in her approaching direction. A light bump almost made Yoona fall flatly on floor. Fortunately, the person she bumped into reacts instinctively; surround her waist with his arm, he secured her in his arm from falling.

“Miss, are you alright?” he was rather shocked upon seeing the pale face of hers.

Nodding her head abruptly, Yoona uttered shyly, “Yeah I’m fine…” she was blushing heavily.

Frowning, he felt he have once seen her somewhere. “Have we met before? You look familiar…”

Turning her head to the left a little, Yoona avoid having any close eye contact with him. “Mr. Jung, I was one of the participants in the business seminar you held in our school last month.”

“Right, you’re that one person who gets to answer all my questions correctly with first attempt,” he smiled. “Jung Yunho, nice to meet you,” he stretched out his hand expecting for a handshake.

Holding on his hand, Yoona face was completely red by now. She can’t help but to feel her heart beats real fast as if it is bounding out anytime soon. “Im Yoona…”

“Are you sick?” Yunho placed his hand on her forehead. “You look so pale.”

Uneasily, she turned her head a little, “I…actually...”

“Yoona,” she turned around in shocked upon hearing the loud shriek. Yunho to a little surprised, he jerk his head from Yoona and have a peek.

“Seohyun, why are you here?” she looked around, “Where’s omma?”

Gasping for air, Seohyun hardly get to speaks clearly, “Omma…she, was involved in a car accident on her way here. She is now in the hospital, unnie quick, come with me.”

Yoona was stunned upon hearing what Seohyun just said. It takes her as if forever to digest her words. Perhaps, that’s a way of her in lying to herself it was just an illusion, not true. Standing by her side, although they have just known each other not too long but Yunho could see she’s about to collapse anytime soon.

“Miss Im, I’ll drive you there…” he held on her arm and leads her to the car park.

Once Yunho pulls to a break as they reached the entrance of the emergency ward, Yoona hopped out the car without looking left right. She can’t be bothered is there any car that will knock against her. All the things in her mind now, were only her beloved mother. Making her way down the emergency ward, Yoona can’t help but to let the tears enter her eyes. Upon seeing Minho’s back view, she ran towards him. Didn’t know why, by just looking his back view, it gives her a bad feeling. Never has this feeling come to her in the past. She feels something precious of hers, is about to get loose off her grip no matter how hard she clutched onto it.

“Minho oppa,” her weak voice woke him from trance. The moment he turned around to face Yoona before him, he can’t help but to let a drip of tear fall out his eye. “Yoona,” he reached for her hand. “Auntie, she was hit by the…truck, badly. By the time she was rushed here, she had her last…”

“Shut up,” Yoona cut him off with a miserable scream. Feared by her sudden outburst which she rarely will, Minho reached his hand out for hers, “Yoona, calm down, you’ll hurt…”

Again, Yoona hysterically pushed Minho off, “How am I suppose to be calm when my mother had just gone without even saying one last word to me!” the hysteria filled in her had frightened almost all the people in the emergency ward. “You tell me,” she continuously hits on Minho’s chest.

“Don’t be like this,” Minho tries offering everything that he could to console this girl in his arms. “Auntie wouldn’t want to see you in this state; she won’t be able to leave in relieve.

“I don’t want her to leave,” Yoona drop her knees on floor before collapsing her body to the side. Yunho who stood by the side all the while ran towards her upon seeing her collapsing. “You need to be strong or you’ll definitely live a miserable life.”

Leaning her head against his chest, she can’t help but to cry unstoppably.

-

Time flew swiftly passed as half a year had passed. All this months, Yunho and Yoona had became close, a very close pair of friend. No one can imagine the both of them without each other. Right to this point, Yoona knows Yunho know nothing about her but only an understanding that, she’s none other than the renowned Electronic Label Samsung owner, Im Young Min’s only daughter. He clearly knows she hates her family a lot. She hated the way her father had controlled her, the way he had arranged her life orderly. Ever since the first day she came to this world, there’s not a thing in her life she had make a decision by herself. Even her best friend was him who introduced her. Though this friend was the only decision of her dad that she has never came to hate for this friend of hers had became her listener and understands her for ages.

As for Yunho, he himself didn’t know the exact cause that had made him keep Yoona accompany to Hokkaido here. Perhaps this was another way of his in erasing Tiffany from his memory. The first time meeting Yoona, she gave Yunho a warm feeling of Tiffany. He clearly knows he can’t make Yoona as Tiffany’s replacement in his heart, he don’t intend too. But he just can’t find the answer to why he is here with Yoona, a girl he coincidently bumped into. The death of her mother perhaps was one of the reasons to why he is here with her. But definitely was not the main reason. Having his family business collapsing soon as his father’s health worsen as day passed, his mother had been stressing him out badly this past days. It has never come to his mind that she would ask such question. On one fine night, the both were having a walk nearby a beach. Yoona all of a sudden gave him a question that he unexpected her to ask.

“Why wouldn’t you ask about my past? Is it because you just see me as nobody but only a normal friend who you don’t really need?” Yoona lowered her head upon finishing the question. It was then that Yunho knows or rather should be described as suspect Yoona do has a feeling for him. A feeling which had go beyond friend, nevertheless, it was the view of his which he hoped to be wrong.

“I didn’t need to have to ask as, if you want me to know and ready for me to know,” he turned to face her directly, “You’ll tell me.” He said it as a matter of fact. Deep inside, Yoona isn’t ready for him to know. All her life, only her mother, her only best friend and Minho, these three people clearly know her. It was these three people who accompanied her through these 22 years.

Looking away, Yoona avoid having Yunho to see the tears entering her eyes. “Then, why didn’t you tell me about yourself? Am I not good enough to share the thoughts deep in your heart?”

With this question, Yunho clearly knows, Yoona had developed a feeling for him. “Yoona, what do you want to know? My past, my ex girlfriend which up to this point I still can’t forget and let go those bunch of memories?”

“That was the reason why you can’t accept me,” she weakly stood up and turned her way towards the hotel. By now, the tears in her eyes can no longer being kept as it frenziedly streamed down her face.

“Yoona,” he grabbed hold on her wrist then turned her around to face her before him. “I mean, I don’t want to make you as her replacement. Can we just let time to make the decision?”

“What do you mean? Time, what time can decide for us?” Yoona was about to make her move again before Yunho able to pulled her back.

“I still need some time to sort things out. Ever since she stepped out from my life, there’s not a day I can, not think of her.” He seated on the concrete bench, “I’m sure you know who Jung Jae Su is, the tycoon of tile manufacturing. He had always wanted me to heir his family business once I graduate. But that doesn’t mean that path was what I wanted.” Covering his face with both his palms, “Tiffany, he had gone through a terrible time with me. Aside from having the pressure from her family financial problem, the pressure was added on by my family.”

“She’s nothing but only an ordinary girl?” Yoona asked.

Silence took over for almost a minute before Yunho spoke again. “It might because of this ordinary, frets of nothing even if the sky about to fall on her head behavior that had made me fall deeply in love.”

“How did a love so strong that no one can come between it, could shatter into pieces?”

Yunho sighed, “I don’t know either. Somewhere down the road, perhaps Tiffany and I could meet again and this time perhaps our love could be stronger ever.” Placing his hand on her shoulder, he gives a squeeze on it as she looked up to him. “You said I didn’t ask anything about you…that’s because, I had known everything. By asking you, you would cry a million times that your eyes will turn puffy. What’s the point of asking you?”

Yoona rolled her eyes agitatedly, “That’s really cruel, and I didn’t know you’re good at that.”

“There’s many ways of finding answer to certain things,” Yunho pointed out. “Aren’t you and Minho make a perfect pair?” he stood before her with his knees bent to her eye level and teased jokingly.

“How did you know?” Yoona was rather taken aback to know that Yunho knows Minho and her have an arranged marriage.

“And that gives you the answer to what I’ve just said,” Yunho paced off her with his hands tug in his pants pockets.

“He gets someone to check on me?” her voice trails off. “Hey, Jung Yunho,” she runs up to him.

“So are you planning to be an ignorant to this marriage or you‘ll is obedient…”

He was cut off as Yoona tiptoed; pecked on his lips, “And that answer your question, didn’t I?”

“As I’ve said before,” Yunho stared down on the floor, “You remind me of Tiffany and I can’t let myself make you as her replacement.”

“Okay then,” she seated him on the picnic bench before taking a seat beside him, “Tell me more about her and how did you both spend the day off. By that, I’ll not do anything that will resemble her and reminds you of her.”

He heaved a sigh, “You really are an annoyance.”

“Hey,” Yoona elbowed him with all her might.

Far from aside, in the car seated a guy at the passenger’s seat. Minho couldn’t help but to feel slightly relieve to see the person he loves found her true love. Although deep inside his heart, he wish Yoona could love him in return since his parents had arranged them a marriage and that he loves her. But he knows he can’t be selfish as he care for her too much that he only wishes she would get happiness and live her life blissfully.

“Let’s leave,” Minho’s dry voice called out.

That night, both Yunho and Yoona stayed at the beach side for so long that they don’t even remember how long. They tell each other their past, almost all that there are no more secrets between them. It has never some to his mind that he would tell Yoona so much. All these stories there’s not many people know aside from Ri In and Yoochun. He never thought he would pour out his heart to Yoona. The weirdest thing was the feeling he has when telling those to Yoona was really different. So different that he doesn’t know how to describe and perhaps, he does have a special feeling for Yoona. A feeling that no one had affects it, not affected by Tiffany but solely developed for Yoona.

-

After a long vacation, Yunho and Yoona had finally returned to Korea. Back then, they leaved as a pair of friend but now, they returned as a pair of lovers. Sometime, Yoona would questioned Yunho ‘are we really going out’ ‘are we lovers’ but question of do he really loves her as who she is, it has never came out of as she dares not to know. All she knows for now is that she is Yunho’s girlfriend and other things she wouldn’t want to know. Even if she is only a replacement of Tiffany in his heart, she doesn’t really mind as all she need is him, only him by her side. They both revealed to each other that they have a buddy and that they will meet up tonight. Pacing into the high classed restaurant hand in hand with her beloved husband, they took a seat nearby the huge mirror that displayed the beautiful night scenery of Seoul city of Asia.

“I wonder how Yunho’s girlfriend would look like,” Junsu take a sip of the plain water then placing the glass down.

Still having her eyes out the pretty scenery as if having million of questions gushing through her mind, Ri In was oblivious to Junsu’s question.

“Ri In,” he rubs on her hand concernedly. “Huh,” she looked over to Junsu.

“What’s wrong with you? Why did you just stare blankly out the mirror?”

Brought up her hands, she buried her face in her palms, “Given the state of his heart, I don’t really believe that he can erase his past and accept a new love.”

Junsu laughed weakly to her silliness, “Hey, people do change. Isn’t this you had hoped day and night he would be? Now that he had finally let go of the past, you doubt his love for that girl, you’re still worry.”

“That’s right, girl. I don’t believe Yunho would date a 23 years old girl, four years different,” Ri In looked away from Junsu. “What if he really takes her as Tiffany’s replacement?”

“You can do nothing either,” he said as a matter of fact.

Ri In pouted, “I’m going to the washroom.”

Looking straight at her reflection on the mirror, Ri In didn’t know why her heart feels uneasy about Yunho’s girlfriend. She tried her best in telling herself that Yunho is true to her but she just can’t help but to be overwhelmed by her uneasiness. Stepping out from the washroom, from there she could see the back view of that girl Yunho had described on phone. Each step she took, she feels that girl resembles someone she knows pretty much but just can’t say out who is it of all sudden.

“There, she’s back,” Junsu made a face as he sees Ri In approaching them. Upon hearing that, Yoona turned around only to see the person who had accompanied her through thick and thin; her best friend. “Ri In,” she stood up from her seat and reached her hand for hers. “The one Yunho had always said were you? Such a coincidence, it happens to be we both have the same buddy.”

Yunho can’t help but to smile weakly upon knowing Ri In was that person Yoona had mentioned day and night.

Noticed the change of expression in Ri In’s face, Junsu sighed and turned to see Yunho smiling, “You won’t be able to smile if she doesn’t get to control herself later on. She was furious upon knowing you have a girlfriend. Now that girlfriend of yours is her best friend, you’re doom, buddy.”

He smiled restlessly, “I guess I know what’s in her mind right now.”

Taking a seat opposite Junsu whilst having her eyes hard on Yunho, Ri In finally utter out her dissatisfactions, “I never know you had finally opted this, what makes you changed?”

“Here she comes,” Junsu whispered to Yunho as he understood her double meaning question.

“Opted what? What did he change?” Yoona asked innocently.

Realizing the awkwardness Ri In had created; Junsu brushes it off, “No, just something about our wedding party. Right, the both of you will be our best man and bridesmaid.”

“How romantic can you guys be, I can’t imagine Ri In will be getting married this Valentine’s Day,” Yoona held on her hand with a wide smile creep on her face.

“I can’t imagine too that you had gotten yourself a boyfriend this Valentine’s,” her eyes still hard on Yunho.

Reaching out his hand, Yunho held on Yoona’s securely “You’ll never be alone this Valentine.” He then turned to face Ri In and mouthed “I owe you an explanation.”

“Let’s see what we should eat,” Junsu handed each of them a menu. “My stomach is howling for help by now.”

“Don’t be silly okay,” Ri In slightly kicked on his foot.

“Isn’t that one of the things in me you like?” Junsu sneered. Ri In just rolled her eyes smilingly. That scene somehow had roused the envious in Yoona. Ever since Yunho initiated to date her, there’s not a day where this scene had happen between them. They just live their life normally perhaps when they are only friends; there were more topics to be talked.

Ri In somehow noticed the change of experience in Yoona’s face and it did bothered her, “Yoona, are you alright, you’re not feeling well?”

“No, I’m alright,” Yoona assured.

-

“Impossible,” Ri In stood up from her seat. “The two of you had only known each other for barely a year and you’re engaging already? It’s just don’t make sense.”

“Ri In, you need to calm down.” Junsu attempt to pull her back down to her seat but she was too stubborn. “Bear in mind, this isn’t a thing that you could interfere with.”

Swinging off her beloved husband hand, it somehow startled Junsu of her reaction. “I know I have no rights in meddling anything that involve you but if it is about Yoona, I can’t stand aside and not concerning about it.”

“Like I have said to you before,” Yunho firmly said, “I love her and wanted to be with her.”

“Love, do you really love Yoona?” Ri In raised her voice. “Where were you when she was admitted into the hospital? As a boyfriend of hers, you didn’t even know that she’s been suffering from a heart disease. Is that how you love someone?”

Rolling his eyes frustratingly, he’s tired with this undying explanation. “That’s because I was too busy. In that time, I’d just take over dad’s work and I was busy until there’s no time for me to breath.”

“Then how come you could rush all the way back from Hong Kong when Tiffany was suffering with only a gastric?” Ri In retorted.

Silence filled the room as Yunho came to realize he has no more excuse to say he was not wrong this time around.

“That was how you love a person. No matter how busy you are, you would still sneak out some time to concern of Tiffany in the past,” Ri In reminded him. “But Yoona, I wish I was wrong. I really do hope you’d get rid of Tiffany completely, did you?”

“Why are you making this so hard?” Yunho was irritated by the fact that the girl stood before him here knows him so well. He grasped on Ri In’s wrist, “Can’t you just treat nothing is wrong and just concede I’d erased Tiffany off my heart and only love Yoona?”

“Yunho, you’re hurting her,” Junsu abruptly shoved Yunho’s hand off her wrist and shot him a threatening glare.

Gently rubbing on her wrist, Ri In can’t help but to have tears welled in her eyes. “I love these friends of mine too much that I don’t wish any of you get hurt.”

All of the sudden, the loud sound of the crystal glass fell and shattered on the floor had broken down the room’s silence as they turned around to see Yoona.

Shaking her head, she wished whatever she eavesdropped was some kind of illusion. “I’m sorry to bother you all.” She runs off towards the exit of the Kim Mansion.

Startled for a moment, “Yoona…” Yunho abruptly followed her footsteps as a feeling of losing the one he loves feared him.

“Look what you’ve done,” Junsu was rather provoked by Ri In’s action. “You do know this has nothing to do with you. What’s that you wanted to prove? Yoona loves Yunho and she clearly knows what she’s doing and all you do is creating problems to their relationship.”

Ri In frowned, “How sure are you that Yunho really do loves her, tell me.”

“If he doesn’t, he wouldn’t have chase after her like a mad dog,” Junsu pointed out the doorway. “Bear in mind, you’re only their friend. So stop putting your oar in this relationship anymore. People do change, if you could erase Yoochun from that bunch of memories, why can’t Yunho.”

“We’re different,” Ri In firmly said. “It’s because you resembles Yoochun, you have his heart…” she poured it out without even realizing what she just said had hurt Junsu deeply.

“That makes me no different compared to Yoona,” Junsu turned around making his way towards the exit. “Just a replacement of Yoochun, isn’t it. I never I was that pathetic.”

“Junsu,” Ri In ran up to him whilst clinging on his arm. “I’m sorry, I don’t mean it…”

Not even having a look at her, he said, “I know you too well, you always speak frankly when you’re overwhelm by anger.”

“Junsu…” she held firm on his arm not letting him take another step. “Ri In, I need some time.” He swung off her hand and leaved the mansion.

Presented by Celestine Blue
//It’s Fate that Playing with us (Valentine’s Special)//

^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^ ^-^
hey im back...
sorry for the late update...
i've been busy with assignments...
so here is chapter 2
hope all of you'll enjoy it...
and i wonder did i lose all my readers...
ill update again, maybe another one week time...
next chapter, you'll know whether or not Junsu forgive ri in and who is ri in's true friend. perhaps, tiffany is back and that will cause misery to yoona...
stay tune!!!