The Unexpected Guest

It's Fate that Playing with us (Valentine's Special)
Chapter 4~

Ever since that incident happened, Junsu and Ri In’s relation had become ever better. Each and everyone in the company envied the two a lot and Yoona, as always, she wonders how their relationship could become so firm. She has been with Ri In when she’s with Yoochun, but it is different. The relationship Ri In has with Junsu is completely different. It seems, no matter what happen, there’s nothing in this world could tear them apart. Lately, Yoona had been feeling sick the moment she smell and even see food. As Yunho stuck in a huge task, she seldom gets to see him. Once in a week, she might be able to see him if she’s with luck but it tortures her when she realized it’s almost half a month they didn’t meet. It seems like, seeing him is totally depends on luck. Since day one of their marriage, Junsu had often get himself involved in almost all Jang Holdings’ business affairs. It really does bother him to see Ri In asleep on the document file after dropping a signature on it in the middle of the night. He can’t help but to step his foot in and help her out.

“Alright,” Junsu closed the document file before smiled a convincing smile to Mr. Jang. “Chil Hyun will look after it, so no worries, father.” he stood from his seat whilst handling another copy of the file to Mr. Kim.

Having firm hold on Junsu’s shoulder, Mr. Jang says in smile, “You must be really tired now. Aside from Kim Holdings’ matters, you need to concern about Jang Holdings’” he looked away to the pile of files on Junsu’s desk, “I feel sorry…”

“Ri In had been really busy with the collaboration development with Lee Corporation,” Junsu uttered restlessly, “I can’t be seeing her to get involved in this small matter; it would kill my heart.”

“I’m glad that she found such a great man here standing before me,” Mr. Jang said.

Placing the document file nonchalantly, he face Mr. Jang “I dare not to imagine if I’ve not met her. It might be incomplete.” Looking away, something came to his mind, “So that new guy will be reporting to work the day after tomorrow?”

“Yeah, Sunday was shouting out in cheer upon knowing there is someone to fill the AGM post,” Mr. Jang laughed with Junsu joining in.

-

“Hi, I’m Kim Jonghyun,” he bowed before Sunday.

Looking straight into his eyes, she can’t help but to feel surprised by the young man standing before her. “How old are you, young man?”

“Oh…me?” he raised his brow.

“Yeah, you…” Sunday replied whilst still having her eyes on Jonghyun.

Confidently, he answered “23…is there any matter with that?”

“No, of course not,” Sunday shrugged her shoulders. “I was just fazed by your young appearance; in fact you were really young.”

“GM Jin, the president of Jang Organisation was 24, so it makes sense to have a 23 pint sized boy to hold the AGM post.”

“Of course, Mr. Jang passed you after all,” picking up the files, Sunday leads Jonghyun to Ri In’s office. “You shall pay a visit to the young president.”

-

“What’s wrong,” Ri In averted her eyes from the computer screen to Yoona, “feel like throwing up again?” she asked while handing Yoona tissues.

“I guess I ate too much last night,” Yoona try her best in avoiding Ri In’s eyes.

Clicking on the mouse, her face expression turned solemn in a split second, “I just wish you didn’t get yourself pregnant.”

Eyes widened, Ri In’s last words made Yoona’s heart throbs faster. “Were you too into your work that drives you nuts?” she retorted. “How could I be pregnant?”

“Who knows, there’s no definite in this world.”

‘knock knock’

“Come in,”

“President Jang,” Sunday paced into her room with Jonghyun follow behind. “This is Kim Jonghyun, our new AGM.” Turning over to him, Sunday introduced, “Jonghyun shi, this is President Jang, Kim Ri In.”

“Nice to meet you,” Ri In reached out her hand for a formal handshake.

Instead of sharing a formal handshake, Jonghyun held her hand and pecked on it. Both Yoona and Sunday were stunned in shocked. They can’t help but to stare at the both of them, motionlessly. Ri In eyes were widened in fright upon seeing his sudden gesture and it made her heart palpitate ever so fast as she hears his statement.

“If you’re using your husband’s family name, then why are they still be addressed by the name of President Jang, don’t you feel awkward?”

“What so awkward,” Junsu walked over to the two before taking over his wife’s hand from Jonghyun, swiftly. “Whether she’s addressed as President Jang or Kim, she’s still Kim Ri In, wife to Kim Junsu.”

“I see,” Jonghyun smirked. “President Kim is here. Have you ever heard this, a married pair will always open to a chance of divorcing,” after saying that, he smirked before leaving the room.

Clenching his fist, Junsu was about to go after Jonghyun before Ri In holding him back. “What’s up with that kid?”

A snap of hand from Yoona, it awakens everyone in the room, “I remember. He’s that boy who admires Ri In in my class.”

“Admire?” Junsu tilted his head to send a questioning stare to Ri In.

“I’m innocent, I don’t even remember of having one,” she made it clear, very fast.

“How could you forget it,” Yoona pointed out, “He’s the one who sends you 99 potted rose during Valentine’s Day.”

“Sounds romantic,” Junsu folded his arms.

“Don’t tell me you’re jealous,” Ri In looked up to him with a frowning expression yet with a smile along.

“We shan’t be light bulbs here,” Yoona slid her hand into Sunday’s while heading towards the exit leaving the pair of sweet husband wife alone.

Closing the door behind, Sunday turned to Yoona, “Where are you heading to? It’s still early and you are no longer needed in Im Holdings since Yunho forbidden you to.”

“Planning to visit the travel agency,” Yoona smiled a blissful smile, “Honeymoon…”

“Yah…that smile on your face is really annoying, you know.”

“Bye…” she turned around heading her way to the elevator lobby. Once again, she felt like throwing up but nothing is coming out. Looking at her watch she thought of having a check up before leaving to the travel agency since there is still plenty of time.

-

“How many times have I told you to not interfere with the organization’s affairs?” Yunho threw the document file on desk before turning to face his father.

“At this moment, you should be accompanying Yoona in preparing for the wedding and not stick your nose with some sort of small matters. Jessica could handle those little things.”

Tightening his fists, Yunho try hard in holding back his anger, “It’s that what you really want me to do or you don’t want me to interfere with this project?” tilting his head over his shoulder, “Do you know what the reason is to why I hated so much to step into Jung Holdings?” he turned away from Mr. Jung before brushing passed him. “It’s because you have no faith in me…”

Taking out his Anycall Haptic phone, he dialed Yoona’s number but there was no respond. Time and again he tried but it was still the same reply. Hopping into his car, he sped down to Jang Holdings’ direction. Stepping out from his car, he paced into the huge office building to see Junsu and Ri In walking hand in hand, happily.

“Hey Yunho,” Junsu waved. “Here to take Yoona?”

“I’m afraid lady luck isn’t by your side today,” Ri In sneered.

Junsu chuckled, “Yoona had left around 11 this morning. You should have given her a call, didn’t you?”

A long sigh was heaved as Yunho looked away from the romantic pair, “Perhaps, there were more than 20 missed calls if her phone is .”

“Yoona seldom turn off her phone,” Ri In stated, “Maybe her phone run out of battery.”

“Neither will she let her phone in a low battery state,” Yunho mumbled as he understand her too. She’s not the type of person who will leave her phone or let it run out of battery when she knows it was the most important thing to her.

“Come again,” Junsu frowned with the unclear words from Yunho. Ri In smiled, “Feeling worried? Maybe she’s with Minho oppa now, who knows. Minho oppa hated to have mobile phone interrupting.”

Upon hearing Minho’s name, Yunho abruptly turned to Ri In. “I shall make my move first.”

Seeing Yunho out of their sight, Junsu turned to Ri In, “You do really love to provoke Yunho nowadays.”

“I just wish to wake him up from the past…”

-

In the end, Yoon went to the maternity clinic on the next day. Pulling the curtain, the nurse handed the doctor Yoona’s personal record. Seated across her close friend, Hee Eun, Yoona can’t help but to feel her body shivering though the temperature in the room was high. It was the result of the report that caused her heart thumped million times faster than usual. She has never experienced such fear ever since her mother passed away. Clasping her hands and placed on the desk, her face expression tells Hee Eun that she’s ready.

“Im Yoona,” Hee Eun stared into Yoona’s eyes, “You used to say, you’ll keep this after marriage. What you’ve gotten yourself into?”

Bringing up her head to face Hee Eun, “Will you keep this as a secret between us?” her dry voice pleaded.

Sighing heavily, Hee Eun can’t help but to promise Yoona, “As a doctor, it is my responsibility to not reveal patient’s health report. No worries.”

Silence filled the room as Yoona was staring still at the same point, millions of frets gushing through her mind. Walking over to her side, Hee Eun held on her shoulder, “I want you to think about it thoroughly. Given the relationship between you and Yunho, are you both really ready for this.”

Patted on the hand that placed on her shoulder, Yoona forced out a smile, “I’ll take care of myself. He has the right to know this; I’ll tell him so need not to concern over this matter.”

-

Late in the afternoon, once Ri In wrapped up with all her work, she leaved to the clinic for a checkup. Caught in the middle of the traffic jammed road, she was thankful that she did not drive by herself. The moment reaching her friend’s maternity clinic, she stepped out from the car. Having her steps up to the clinic, upon opening the door, she bumped into a familiar body, a piece of paper slipped out the envelope.

Holding on the opposite person’s arm, Ri In widened her eyes upon seeing her, “Yoona…god where have you been. Everyone is crazy in searching you…”

Before she could further her question, Yoona had ran away from her. “Yoona…” she looked at her very fast disappearing from her sight. Almost instantly she couldn’t see the glimpse of Yoona. Reaching out her hand to open the door once again, the paper that laid close by the door caught her attention. She picked it up and briefly glanced through and the ‘positive sign’ had widened her eyes in fright.

“Im Yoona…two months pregnancy,” Ri In started to count as she realized it might be that day when she went to Yunho’s apartment. “Could this be true,” she shook her head to her silliness. There is this report as the evident, how could it be not true. “Do Yunho know about this, why did she run away from me?”

“Ri In,” Hee Eun came out from the clinic with her briefcase in hand. “Why are you here, for checkup?” she asked.

Ri In swiftly hid the paper in her bag before being noticed. “It does not much matter; I’ll be coming again tomorrow since you’re heading home already. Your nurse needs to go home too even if you don’t mind, she does.”

Turning over to her nurse, Hee Eun smile, “Then…want to grab some snack? It’s been quite some time since you last visit me.”

“Why can’t you be the one visiting me instead me for almost all the time,” Ri In frowned smilingly.

“My treat, okay,” Hee Eun gave up.

Feeling the cool breeze blowing across her face, the both felt comfort. “How have you been lately? Still not planning to have a baby?” she asked before having a sip of coffee.

“In the process,” Ri In chuckled. “Wasting time isn’t it?” she stretched out both her arms. “I might have a happy family by now if I agree to have one at the very first place.”

“It’s never too late to have one now,” Hee Eun pointed out.

“Like how Yoona did, a baby before marriage?” Ri In turned to see Hee Eun’s face expression changed a little, uncomfortable. “Be honest, tell me is it true that she’s pregnant.”

“I promise to keep this as our secret,” Hee Eun said firmly.

“I bet Yunho doesn’t know about this,” Ri In grabbed hold on Hee Eun’s hands. “No one knows this might leads her to accident, you should tell Yunho about this.”

“Kim Ri In,” Hee Eun slightly raised her voice. “All this while, we have been looking over Yoona. Since school days we’ve been helping her made each and every decision, we should let her made a decision for her best.” Patting on her hand, “Ri In, it’s time for her to make a decision. If she does have faith with Yunho, believe their love is strong enough for this new member, she will be able to make a decision.”

Tears almost enter her eyes as Ri In was worry dead about Yoona.

-

Meanwhile, Yunho had finally wrapped up his work. Stretching forth his arms, he thought of calling Yoona again. It’s been quite some time since he last seen her. He didn’t know why, but his heart telling him that Yoona is avoiding him nowadays. That day she turned off her phone, it took him almost a day to be able to contact her. Once hearing her voice, she convinced him that she just needed some free time to finish up her knitting.

“Hello,” it surprised him to hear a man’s voice. “Who are you,” he abruptly asked.

“Who are you to ask me who am I?” the opposite person replied.

“I’m her fiancé, where’s Yoona?” Yunho’s voice was stern.

“I guess, she won’t want to listen to your voice for this period of time,” he retorted. “As her soon to be fiancé, you don’t even know what’s going on; can you really call yourself her fiancé?”

“Minho oppa, who is that,” Yoona came out from the bathroom. Minho did not respond and waited for Yunho’s reply.

“Is that Yunho oppa,” Yoona hits on Minho’s shoulder. “Give me back my phone,” she snatched it away from his firm grip. “Yunho…”

“Are you not feeling well again?” he asked, it sounded cold but deep inside, he really cares for her. Perhaps he himself did not know about that.

“Of course not,” Yoona forced out a cheery tone of voice, “It’s just that dad wants him to accompany in this mean time since you aren’t free.”

“Then you can send him off right away as I’ll be in your house in ten minutes time,” he stood up whilst taking his blazer from the stand and headed towards the elevator.

It surprised Yoona, “No need. Yah…ten minutes, are you planning to crash your car. Let’s just meet another day; he’ll be leaving soon after all…”

“Yoona, it’s time to check your temperature,” Minho purposely shouted to make his voice to be heard in the opposite line. Yoona flashed him a glistening glare. “I’ll not leave if I don’t see you sleep soundly.”

“Temperature, are you fever,” the more he hears, the more he get worried, “It’s better for me to come visit you awhile.”

“NO…” Yoona shouted. “Aish, I’ve said that I’m fine means fine. Don’t you dare come bothering me!” it somehow frightened Yunho to hear the sudden raise of her voice. It’s almost never before she had talk to him with that volume of voice. “We’ll meet some other day.”

“Okay then, bye,” Yunho ended the call as he was rather upset by her sudden reaction. He wonders, was Minho the reason to why her sudden change of attitude.

“Elders say, pregnant lady will get angry and get uncontrollable all of the sudden,” Minho leaned on the table, “You’ve just proved them right.”

“Yah…it’s your entire fault that I’m in such a hot temper now!” she threw her slipper at Minho.

-

After dinner, Ri In locked herself in the study room as she continues with her report that had been bothering her for the past days. Coming out from the bathroom, Junsu paced towards the dressing desk to see a medical paper in Ri In’s bag. Feeling anxious, he picked it up and read the contents. Half past nine, Ri In finally finished and entered her room to see the topless Junsu drying his half dried hair.

Closing the door behind, she teased, “Such a weird habit to dry an almost dry hair.”

Hopping over to their bed, Junsu gently wrapped her slender waist into his arms; make sure he does not hurt her. “Don’t you have something to tell me?” Junsu sniff then kiss on Ri In’s neck and soon it drifted to her collarbone.

Frightened by his sudden pace, Ri In slightly pushes him and stare at him, “What’s wrong with you tonight?”

“Not going to tell me?” Junsu frowned playfully.

“Tell what?” Ri In arched her brow.

“Playing around…”

“Play what?” Ri In’s patience is almost coming to an end. “If you’re not sleeping, don’t bother me. I’m tired and need to sleep right away.”

-

On the next day right after work, Ri In had planned to visit Yoona. However, Junsu text her message asking her to be home early as there’s something important he need to discuss with her. Then again, visiting Yoona will have to wait. Stepping into the main living room, she sees her dad, father in law and all the house maids were smiling happily to her. She wonders what’s on their mind to have that smile plastered on their face.

“Hey Ri In,” Junsu came out with an apron on. He placed the cake on the dining table before heading towards her direction. “You’re back…in a moment we can begin our celebration.”

“Celebration,” she was confused. “Whose birthday, celebrate what?”

“Babo, why didn’t you tell me that you’re pregnant,” pinched her nose tip. “But it doesn’t matter, the elders know about this news.”

“Ri In, you need to take good care of yourself from this minute forth,” Mr. Kim said. He sounded so nice that made Ri In came to fear about as since the day she stepped her foot into the Kim, he has not spoken to her in this manner.

Feeling her legs lose energy almost instantly, she held firm on Junsu’s arms. She guessed he must have mistaken Yoona’s report, “We need to talk privately, Junsu.”

After sending the two elders off, Ri In pulled Junsu into the living room. “Kim Junsu, since when did you started to check on me. Did you often check my bag?”

“Ri In,” he held on her arms hoping to calm her down a little. “I just saw the medical cert and I’m worried that you’re sick.”

Swinging off his hand, she raised her voice all in the sudden, “I’ve told you that I’ll stop the pill and in plan to deliver a baby.”

“What do you mean by that?” Junsu interrupted, rather fierce. “You sounded like I’m forcing you.”

“Did you read that medical cert clearly, it was Yoona’s and not mind.” Ri In revealed as she threw the medical cert on floor. “The one who is pregnant is Yoona not me. Tell me, how are we suppose to fix this when the elders had know about this.”

Junsu picked up the paper and read it. Seeing the change of face expression, Ri In ran towards the exit to see a car parked right in front their mansion gate. As Junsu came out in a fast pace, he sees the familiar person seated in the driver seat, he looked at his wife.

“Did you call him here?” Junsu asked.

“What? Why do I need to call Jonghyun here?”

“Go ahead and leave,” Junsu crumpled the paper and threw it on floor. “All this happened because you’ve always hiding things away from me, since day one. If only you tell me the truth, all this wouldn’t have happened.”

“Kim Junsu,” Ri In shouted. “Do you know what you’re talking about? There’s reason to why I don’t tell you…what about you, I find Taeyeon know things about you more than I do.” Letting the tears flow down her face, she wiped it off hardly, “Every time we quarreled, she would text me message telling me that you’re with her that I need not to worry. But can I not worry when my husband is with some other woman who is once his ex?!”

Pushing against her shoulder, Junsu flared up, “You’re not making any sense. If you’re standing in my position, you would feel it. You would know how hard it is to convince yourself that you had completely given me your heart.”

“See, you’re bringing it in again,” Ri In let the tears drop by drop lands on the floor. “You didn’t even trust me. Up to this point, you still doubt my love for you so what’s the point of staying together, might as well just separate.” She pushed him away with all her might that almost caused Junsu fall.

Junsu stable himself, “Divorce then,” it slipped out his mouth before he could even think what he is saying, what exactly he is doing. “I can no longer keep you by my side.”

“Kim Junsu! What did you just said?”

“I’m a human; I can’t endure a woman who always cares about her friends more than her husband, more than her father in law. Quarrel with me over a friend’s matter.” Junsu yelled out. Deep inside, he knows he’s not in a right mind and whatever he is saying is out of mind, but at this point no one can fix it.

“Bear in mind, is your father that caused me lost everything!”

“You’d finally said it out. You just can’t erase the past, erase the fact that dad was the one kidnapped you and caused Yoochun’s death.”

“I’m leaving,” Ri In turned away. “I can’t imagine I’m still here with you over this never ending topic.”

-

“Should I call her? What would she be doing at this time?” Yunho held on his phone.

“Mr. Jung,” one of the staff walked into his office after knocking the door. “There’s one last vacant here to be interview.”

Looking down at his watch, he turned his attention back to the pile of paper, “The time for the vacant to be interviewed had long past. Why should I accept her when she’s so late?”

“But she said that…”

“You’ll definitely regret for the whole lifetime if you miss me out,” a familiar voice averted his eyes from the pile of papers.

His eyes widened upon locking into this pair of familiar hazel eyes, “Tiffany,” he was able to still uttered her name. The staff leaved the office and that only the two left in the room.

Tiffany paced towards him smiling seductively, “It’s been a long time since we last seen,” she turned his chair around so that he could face her and share a close eye contact, “Jung Yunho”

-

“Noona, where do you want to go?” Jonghyun pulled to a stop as they have drove for almost half an hour from the Kim Mansion.

Dropping her head on his shoulder, she can’t help but to cry out loud. She can no longer move on. She doesn’t know what had caused the two of them to get stuck in such problem time and again.

“Why did I yelled at him, if I spoke to him properly this wouldn’t have happen,” Ri In wrapped her arms around Jonghyun.

“The both of you are behaving really childish in this case, aren’t you?” Jonghyun pointed out. “Over such thing, you two could get into such quarrel and even said divorce. Is marriage such simple to you?”

Ri In did not respond.

“I’ll send you to Yoona’s house.”

-

“Yoona, how have you been,” Ri In finally chose to broke the dead silent that filled them in scared. She raised her brow, pretending not understand what she meant. “You understand what I meant; you can read it through my eyes.”

Holding on Ri In’s hand, “It’s not worth to quarrel with Junsu over me and Yunho’s problem. He had just mistaken it and what lead the two of you to such state. Divorce, are you serious?”

She shook her head, “I don’t know. I don’t know why he would said that out, he had never lose control…I’m uncertain if he’s serious in this.” Brushing off her mystification that overwhelmed her, she asked, “Not planning to tell Yunho, aren’t you.”

“I just can’t find a perfect time and place to tell him,” Yoona admitted.

“You know yourself very well. With those pair of eyes that can read what others are thinking, you do know what you ought to do,” Ri In reminded her.

“I think I know,” Yoona lowered her head and smiled.

“Want to go somewhere, pretty girls,” Minho was standing by the doorway all the while.

“Such a bad manner you have to listen to our conversation without our permission,” Ri In folded her arms as she sees Minho smile mischievously.

-

“Why did you come back?” Yunho was leaning on his car door.

“Seoul has not changed at all,” Tiffany forced out a smile. “It’s still remained the same as before…remember we always came here in the past. The reminiscences of our beautiful past are still vivid in my memory, same as you?” she tilted her head over her shoulder to peep on him.

Overwhelm by the way she had said it so nonchalantly as if nothing had happened between them, Yunho can’t help but to let his emotion control his body again. He held on Tiffany’s shoulders and leaned her on the car door with both his arms by her side. “How could you say it as if nothing had happened? Why did you leave me without even telling me the exact problem that dooms us? How could you be so heartless to me when you know that I still love you?”

“That’s what I need,” Tiffany reached her hand towards his face; her eyes were welled with tears. “I need to know that you still love me, I need you to know that my heart has never changed that it is still the same.” She closes in their little distance as she pecked on his lips, “I still love you, Yunho.” Receiving no respond but only to see tears formed in his eyes, Tiffany gradually sealed his lips. She initiated the kiss and have Yunho replied to it and it soon becomes passionate.”

Little do they know; there was a pair witnesses them from the beginning? Yoona can’t help but to have her tears flow down her cheek without her able to control it. Pacing back to their car, she bit her lips so hard that it bleeds. Wiping off her tears, she hoped that Minho did not see it. Of all people, he is the person she doesn’t wish to show the weakness in her.

Pulling her into his arms, “Cry, cry out and you’ll feel better. Bear in mind, you still have me. I will protect you.”

Presented by Celestine Blue
//It’s Fate that Playing with us (Valentine’s Special)//