A party?

The Truth, Our Secret

 

For the past few days, Kyungsoo had been stuck in the hotel or out to wonder around from boredom by himself or with his friends that would stick back with him for a day while the others go 'spying'.
 

Today was one of those days. Baekhyun stuck back with him sitting around while D.O tried to make them some fried rice for lunch while they waited for the others.

They had been giving him information on you and the rice wasn't the only thing that's cooking.


 

"She's from a rich family, lives in the top district of Seoul that is a duh. Her parents and grandparents could never see eye to eye and they rarely come together for anything. Wow.." D.O muttered under his breath cracking an egg on the frying pan expertly with one hand before stirring it in.

"She's the girl that students don't want to be in her bad side. She acts nice but that's not true. She looks lonely because she's always alone but that's a totally fake too. What fate is this? Damn.."
 

"Why are you talking to yourself?" Baekhyun peeked over his shoulder shocking D.O back making him almost drop the spatula. 
 

He spun around slapping Baekhyun on the arm hard.

"Yah!" Kyungsoo breathed in soothing his racing heart with his other hand before giving a glare at Baekhyun that just shrugged rubbing his arm where he was hit.
 

"You were talking to yourself...again. I was wondering where the voice was coming from."

Slumping himself down on the chair, his stomach grumbled making him pout cutely. "Is it done yet? My stomach just roared if you didn't hear it."
 

"I heard it, I heard it. Have patience Baekie, you don't want to eat raw chicken do you. It'll be done soon anyways, just do something to keep your lion distracted for awhile." D.O waved, handling the frying pan like a pro flipping the rice like it was nothing.

 

Other than doing what D.O suggest he should do, Baekhyun laid his head down on his arms on the table looking at D.O that was cooking.

Everyone had been wondering about the choice he made, it just didn't make any sense how D.O could make such a huge mistake like that. It's not like him at all. And it was weirder that you were not even assigned to him in the first place.

 

Baekhyun bit the inside of his lip contiplating on whether he should ask him right now since they're alone. It's been a few days already since they came to earth and since then, D.O had been acting weirder and weirder.

He would talk to himself or stare out of the window totally gone from the world. Taking a small breath in, Baekhyun broke the silence.
 

"Hey Kyungsoo... why... did you give her the second chance? What did you see in her?" He asked stopping D.O from stirring. Noticing that, only made Baekhyun more curious now.
 

"Why?" D.O asked mostly to himself but Baekhyun nodded. "Yeah. Why? I know she was sick and all but, you must have felt something or seen something, maybe, known something to hand it to her without looking deeper. Tell me.."
 

"I...she... just looked pitiful. Yeah.." D.O stuttered gripping onto the spatula tighter, stirring messily.

Baekhyun eyebrows furrowed with a frown raising his head off the table.

"That doesn't sound like you to just give someone something so big just because of pity? You mostly always have a reason however small it was, you always do that before you hand the gift to them didn't you? You gifted her on the day you saw her as well, there has to be something about her that made you make that decision in such a short time. What was it?"
 

"I saw that she looked pitiful, she was only 10 Baekhyun and she was dying. What do you expect me to do? Leave her? She didn't have a guardian! Why? Why didn't she?" D.O felt his blood boil. He shut his eyes tightly trying to calm himself taking a deep breath in.

Baekhyun noticed the difference in attitude when talking about you. He didn't know if D.O was angry at you or for you for not gaining a guardian like everyone else.

 

D.O heaved out a shaky breath making Baekhyun look up at him again.

"But seriously. She was too young, she's too young to die. You would have done the same thing." D.O whispered turning off the stove and grabbing a big plate.
 

Baekhyun's eyebrows furrowed. D.O really didn't make sense now, really didn't. The kids that were assigned to him were too young to die too, but no one dared enough to say to him that he had turned his back on them when they needed him. He was their guardian not yours.

 

Shooting out of his chair looking dumbfounded, Baekhyun shook his head at this friend of his.

"Everyone dies, you know that very well, as well as I do -no- especially us! There were other kids in that hospital, not only Jaerim! Other kids that are dying too Do Kyungsoo! Why-" Baekhyun stopped himself, taking in a deep breath to calm himself before he continued. "Why did you walk in that ward D.O? You weren't even supposed be in there. You weren't assigned for Ward 48, you weren't even supposed to be in that floor level! Onew hyung was-"

"Can you just drop it!? Just stop!" Kyungsoo placed the plate down a little too hard on the counter making Baekhyun jump back. "I'm sorry Baekhyun but just...it's hard already. Can we just eat, i'm hungry..ok?" D.O head hung as he whispered the last few words.

Baekhyun searched his eyes. He knows there's something Kyungsoo is not telling them but right now, he'll let it go. He'll tell the truth soon. He better.

 

"Fine, let's eat." Baekhyun looked away to help D.O scoop the rice out from the pan before walking towards the dinning table placing it in the middle.
 

Slowly, D.O grabbed two glasses on the shelves whispering solemly to himself.
 

"I'm going crazy...." "WHY!!?" The front door slammed open followed by a scream and two glasses smashing into pieces shocking the two the just came in.
 

"Yah, Oh Sehun!" Chanyeol slapped the back of his head hard starring on the messed floor where D.O had his hands on his chest wide eyes. Chanyeol turned to the maknae again pointing to the broken glasses.

"Look what you did brat! You pay for that!"
 

Sehun pouted rubbing his head. "That hurts... why do you always hit me?"

"Seriously, I thought I was going to have a heart attack. How many times could someone be shocked before they die from it?" D.O soothed his racing heart. Kneeling down he picked up the broken pieces carefully. "Why did you scream like that? Lucky it was just glasses and not when I was cooking."

 

"Yeah, what's wrong with you?" Baekhyun kneeled down, helping D.O clear out the sharp pieces into the dustpan.

"Sorry hyung.."

Sehun bit his thumb nail as the older boys piled in from the front door but Kai that appeared on the sofa on a lollipop with an amused look on his face. He doesn't enjoy watching the maknae getting shouted at all the time but sometimes, it's just really entertaining since it was only light.
 

"Well...I wanted ice-cream and...and they didn't let me to get any since-" "Since he nearly blew our cover that's why! This freakin brat." Chanyeol shot him a look. "He wouldn't shut up for a second because we were spying on Jaerim and his long clumsy flapping arms knocked off her alarm clock right off her study-"
 

"Wait...alarm clock? Her study? Don't tell me...YOU WERE IN HER ROOM?!" D.O eyes widened. The boys scratched their heads awkwardly. 
 

"Well, yeah...we heard that she's going somewhere today and just wanted to know where it was. So we sort of sneaked in when she went back. BUT IT WASN'T PLANNED! Things just...turned that way.." Suho coughed in his hand blushing slightly. "Just glad that she didn't change or anything, she just laid down on her bed day dreaming the second she got into her room."
 

"It's not like she could see us anyways.She just shrugged it off when I dropped her shiny clock." Sehun muttered unhappily. 
 

"Shut up you!"

Sehun cower back behind Kai that snickered when Chanyeol stepped forward raising his hand ready to hit him again. 
 

"Serves you right maggot." Kai winked before disappearing leaving Sehun standing alone in a lone panic.

"Suho hyung.." He cried for their leader crabbin behind Suho that chuckled finding it really cute when he grabbed onto his sleeve.

"Chanyeol, come on. Leave him alone, you always bully him." Suho nods his head telling Chanyeol to move away.

Glowering at the maknae, Chanyeol sat himself down on the dinning table eyes still on him. Sehun quickly stuck his tongue out at the older one when he noticed that he wasn't looking making Suho roll his eyes at the childishness if them two.

 

 


Baekhyun and D.O threw the broken pieces away sitting themselves down on the dinning chairs as Suho the kind leader he was offered to take two new glasses for them.

Placing them on the table, he poured cold water for them taking note of two glasses to pay the hotel later. Of cause, with Sehun still clinging onto his back like a baby monkey the whole time.

 

"So? Where is she going?" Baekhyun scooped himself and D.O a plate of rice pushing D.O's share in front of him.
 

"Yeah, where is she going?" Picking up his spoon, D.O thanked the both of them.


 

Kai pulled out his lollipop after reappearing near the kitchen wall and leaned on it with crossed arms.

"To a party at one of her so called friends, her name is Sooyoung or was is Soyoung? That girl's dad owns some mansions and boats or whatever, I didn't really get into the details since that girl is not our target." He waved it off lazily. 
 

"Oh." D.O bit his spoon. "A party huh.."
 

"Yeah. She doesn't seem like she wants to go but I guess she has too from the amount of nagging and stuff from her parents. It was horrible." Suho shook his head feeling sorry for you. "Sometimes they seem like they love her but sometimes, they don't treat her like their blood at all."
 

"Heartless." Baekhyun said through a mouth full of fried rice. D.O stopped eating and started to played with his food.

"Yeah...heartless.." He fell into a melancholy where as the others chatted with each other about what they saw in your room.

"Her wardrobe was HUGE! Right Suho hyung? She had millions of clothes! Shoes too!" Sehun ran around the room hands spread apart emphasizing the size.

"I've seen bigger." Kai muttered to himself.

"Oh and there's this lacy things too in her drawers! They're so small! How did it fit her!?" Sehun touched his waist and chest remembering your... unmentionables.
 

All of the boys turned to each other wide eyes before doubling in laughter at the innocent boy. Sehun just blinked at them with this hands on his chest, lips slowly turning into a frown.

"What? What's so funny??"

"Nothing nothing...anyways, talking about wardrobes.." Chanyeol and Suho brought out a bag out of nowhere and sat down on the dinning table pulling out random clothes out.

Baekhyun and D.O stopped laughing, watching them lay it on the table discussing the niceness of them to themselves. The both of them gave each other questioning glances but both shrugged to the other.
 

"I like this one, this one is really sophisticated." Suho showed a dark blue button down shirt out with his normal bright smile spreading from ear to ear. Chanyeol agreed too pointing to his own favorite.

The maknae came from behind grabbing his own giving a little spin in front of Kai that just snorted at the twirling youngster.
 


Baekhyun and Kyungsoo turned to each other now interested since they don't normally have new nice clothes and always wore the same thing over and over again because it would never get dirty.

Only in rare occasions that they could wear something else in heaven.
 

"What...are you guys doing?" Baekhyun was the first one to speak up not able to hold his curiosity any longer. "New clothes?"
 

Sehun nodded flapping the vest in front of him. "Yeah! We got them when we were heading back! Like them? I picked this out myself!"
 

"Yeah, it's pretty nice. So all of you...got something?" Baekhyun peeked inside the bag curiously.

D.O too took a look quietly sipping his water spotting a black leather jacket in the pile knowing right away who it might belong to.
 

Suho nodded excitedly.

"We got everyone something!" He rummaged through the bag glancing at D.O. "Your best friend picked out something just for you. You'd like it, he really knows your style Kyungsoo."
 

"Really?" His eyebrows raised up looking back at Kai that clucked his tongue. "Of cause I do, we're not best friends by title only."
 

D.O softened and a light smile lit up. "Thank you and I bet the leather is yours?" 
 

All Kai could do was smile getting slightly embarrassed by it.

Baekhyun shook his head noticing the pinkness of his ears. "His past self must be itching to come out now since we're on earth getting earth clothes." Poking the bag with his spoon he snorted. "Black leather, wow, totally you Kai."
 

"Shut it before I burn your clothes and you're going with holes in yours." He threatened through his teeth giving Baekhyun a poisonous glare that had no effect on the older one at all anymore.

"Whatever Kai." The light barer waved it off easily.

"Wait hold on a second.." D.O held up his hands stopping the chuckles and quarrels.

 

"Are we...Are we going to the party? Is that why you got all these?" His voice rose slightly in panic shaking his head. "We are aren't we? How? When? Wait...no! We can't! Because we don't know anyone!....At all!"
 

"And why not?" Kai sighed standing up picking up his leather jacket slipping it on checking himself out in the mirror.

"This is the only chance, be in her inner circle easily just by being in that party.The faster we do this, the faster it all ends or... get it moving so to say."

He nodded to himself not admitting out loud that he missed his old style to avoid getting teased by the five that would take every chance too since Kai rarely has things to tease about.

 

"And how do you suppose we do that? Don't you need invitations for a party like this?" Baekhyun chewed on a piece of chicken turning to his leader already knowing. "But by all these new stuff, as always, you already got that covered?"

Suho crossed his arms with a knowing grin and by that, Baekhyun and D.O knew that the only thing they need to do now is..

 

"Get pretty~" Chanyeol sang song while he fluttered his lashes at D.O that cringed back in annoyance. Baekhyun rolled over in laughter at his friend that wiggled his shoulders rubbing them playfully on D.O's. "Go away..yah.."

 

Sehun gagged, wrinkling his nose. "Eww..I don't want to look pretty.." He mumbled to himself imagining everyone in dresses with their hair done and make up on.

The older ones scrambled to figure out who to wear what each speaking out of how they wore when they were alive.

The whole room was filled with suggestions for each other.