Punishment

The Truth, Our Secret

 

 

"You have made the wrong decision Do Kyungsoo. Now after years of observasion and dissapointment, you shall face your punishment." A loud deep strong voice spoke in the heavens.
Kyungsoo's head was bowed as he kneeled with his heart tightening. 
White clouds were above him while nothing but white was around him, he never felt so alone in his life. No one could be here with him, no one is here to say that everything is going to be ok. Because...it is not ok, he doesn't feel ok.
Kyungsoo, he really thought that he made the right decision, he really thought that she was going to be the best of what she could be, but, she only wasted what he had given to her and turned the way she is.
Jongin's words kept repeating in his head, the words that he should have listened to back then but didn't, wouldn't.
Kyungsoo didn't want to regret, but he did. He regretted giving you the second chance, he regretted but now he couldn't take it back. It is done with and he's here to take his punishment.
-
"This is the girl? Are you sure?" Kai watched as the sickly girl shifted in her sleep in the hospital bed. D.O nodded with a gentle smile.
"Yes, she's the one. She....she's the only one that I want to give this too."
Kai fixed his gaze towards D.O worriedly.
"You have to make sure that she's the one, you can't make the wrong decision. I don't want you to get hurt, you're my best friend."
"She won't make the wrong decision, she won't, I know it. She's still young, she will learn. She will learn." D.O walked towards the weak figure, gazing at her with a soft smile unknowing to Kai the true meaning behind his words. "You did the same thing and yours turned out fine."
"Don't compare Kyungsoo ah, they are not the same. I knew mine from long ago, she just got into an accident but I knew all about her from the beginning. Her heart is kind and she does good with her life, she helps others." Jongin stressed pointing at the girl on the bed. "You have no clue who she is, you just know that she's dying. We can't see the future man and we cant make mistakes, especially this kind. You are giving his gift that's for you to her, your life, you are giving the most precious gift to her Kyungsoo!"
"I know that!" D.O gave him a look. Kai looked at him realizing that he couldn't change his mind. Sighing he looked at her again that was fighting hard to breathe. "I know that she's a pity sight to see and just stand aside after knowing she has no guardian but, just remember, the punishment is not pretty."
-
"Are you ready?" The voice asked. Snapping D.O out of the flashback.
 
Kyungsoo's fist tightened in fear and disappointment before taking a deep breath, he nods his head. "Yes.." Swallowing hard, D.O looked up with a different look in his eyes.
"You were a great guardian Do Kyungsoo, this decision you made failed you greatly. I will not reveal the truth about your choice, I will not shame you more. It is not my standing to say, but yours." The disappointment in the voice was obvious.
D.O's head hung low as tears treatening to make it's appearance.

Bright light flashed around him in a blast making him raise his arm to cover his eyes as warmth enveloped him.
Before he could ask what was happening, the voice boomed loudly.

"From this day onwards! Do Kyungsoo, because of your reckless choice! Will be stripped off the title of a guardian angel of the heavens and sent back to earth!" The voice deepened like he was glaring down on him. "A fallen."

D.O eyes widened, he wasn't totally ready for this. 
"Wait!" He choked out in a whisper. "Wait, stop.."
As the light broke apart, he felt his body fall.
"STOP!! ARGH!!"
Screamed in agony, his back burned like his body was being ripped out from his back.
As he plummeted, the feeling of it didn't stop and he felt like he was going to die from it. He has never felt pain of this sort in his life. All he could do was scream.

THUMP

D.O laid motionless on the grass as the trees around him bristled from the wind. Cold enveloped him as he curled himself into a ball shivering. He felt so , he felt like something important was missing inside him.

How did things end up like this? What was so wrong to give life? That life was theirs to do whatever they want with it wasn't it? Why was it his fault? He just wanted the girl to live.
He kept asking himself. He didn't want to cry, he didn't want to seem more pathetic now than he already was.

"Kyungsoo ah.." He heard steps coming around him, he knew who it was and he felt regret consume him all over again curling himself into a ball.

"Don't come any closer Kai....please." His hoarse voice whispered and the steps of his best friend stopped.
"Kyungsoo, we're not going to leave you lying here in the grass alone." Another voice calmly spoke as he stepped closer beside him.

D.O felt something soft and warm cover him. Opening his eyes slowly he came face to face with his other friend, a friend that has kindness in all his heart smiling down at him with a blanket in his hands pulling it over him.
"Joonmyun hyung.." D.O choked out in a cry feeling hot tears b his eyes. He gazed around finding all of his friends here in surprise. "W-Why are you guys-"
 
"Suho hyung told you, we can't leave you alone here." Chanyeol kneeled down helping D.O get warm with his power of fire that glowed in his hand. "We will not leave you D.O."
"But what about him? You can't be around me.." D.O worriedly voiced trying to sit up. Chanyeol quickly helped him placing his hand behind his back. Suho gripped onto the blanket wrapping it around D.O tighter over his upper body.

"Don't worry about us. Right now it's you, we're your friends D.O ah. We are One remember? Without you, it doesn't feel the same." Suho smiled. Kai and the rest nodded firmly.
"Eventhough you were sent back, we will not treat you differently. You're my hyung!" Sehun pouted crossing his arms making D.O chuckled with the rest shaking their heads at the young one.
 
Baekhyun with his power of light, lit up the darkness revealing the trees surrounding them. No shelter could be seen for them to stay under voicing his worries to them.

"It's so late now, where should we go? We can't just stay here all night, even though with Chanyeol's fire we still can't stay out here. He can't warm D.O all night and what if it rains? D.O will get sick." Baekhyun looked up at the night sky through the trees. "Before we landed here, I looked around a little and I think we're close to the river area, what is it called again?"
"The Han River?" Suho guessed glancing at Kai that nods his head. "I'm on it." He ran off before disappearing.
"If we're close by than it's easy for us to get a place to stay. Come on D.O." Suho and Chanyeol helped D.O up.

-

Sehun quickly unlocked the hotel room door and opened it wide for the rest of the guys to help Kyungsoo in still holding the blanket tight around him.
They didn't want to shock the hotel staff with a half D.O walking around all dirty onto their clean marble flooring. 

Suho hurriedly grabbed a clean towel before handing it to Kyungsoo that thanked him and shuffled his way towards the bathroom.

"Get a hot shower and we'll get food ready for you when you get out. Take your time ok?" Suho pats his shoulder lightly. Without another word, D.O closed the bathroom door behind him.

Slowly, Kyungsoo looked up through the mirror at himself. His hair was a mess with mud smear on his left cheek. His eyes were red and puffy. Raking his hair back with a huff, D.O remembered the pain he had on his back when he was plummeting.

"I asked for it right?..I should at least see what I earned." He told himself but he couldn't shake off the fear of what he'll find hidden underneath the blanket that's covering his .

Hesitantly, he turned his back towards the mirror and loosened his grip on the blanket off his back.
Straining his neck to look at it, his eyes went wide when he saw it. Quickly he turned away shaking in fear and disappointment with his arms going limp on his sides, the blanket fell on his ankles forgotten.

Two big red lines alined his back where his wings were once. He couldn't feel them anymore. They weren't there, they weren't his now, he lost them.
How did his perfect life as an guardian be...this? Dirty, in a hotel...wingless? Scarred.
 

Silently, D.O walked in the shower turning it on letting the hot shower cover him. Tears flowed, thoughts flowed, he couldn't relax. His back did no longer hurt but his heart cried with him silently.
He couldn't hear anything shutting everything out, his life was a mess now just because of one thing he gave to someone that didn't appreciate what he gave.

If he could live again and someone gave that life to him the day he died, he would cherish it and live a better life but it's too late now to think that not a lot have the same mindset as him. Not a lot wants to live normally as him but he was still grateful when he gave him a chance to do good in his after life.

It's all ruined now.