Another Night To Remember

Memories We Shared

Everyone went home except for me and Minhyuk. We were at the park heading to our secret place. But... Something was different. We were at a empty parking lot.

"Minhyuk... Where is the park?" I asked. He smiled sadly at me.

"The park... Along with all the trees... Was replaced for this parking lot." I gasped. My head began to hurt Everything was gone. No more looking up at the stars at our tree. Everything was now... Cement. Hard, cold... Not full of life. Minhyuk held me tight.

"I know... It hurts to have such a precious place disappear from us. But the memories will still be with us." I let my hands fall to my sides. He grabbed my hand carefully and led me to the middle of the parking lot. We sat down there. 

"This is where the tree used to be..." I stayed silent. Minhyuk sighed.

"Remember the day where I showed you the tree?" I asked.

 

[Flashback]

 

"Soori, where are we going?" I just squeezed his hand and led him to the park.

"Why are we at the park?" I rolled my eyes.

"You ask to many questions." I pushed him in a bush.

"Hey!" I followed him inside. I walked over to a tree and sat down in front of it. He stood in front of me.

"Why did you bri-"

"Shut up and just sit next to me." He sighed and sat next to me.

"Now look up." He did what I said. His eyes rounded. I look up too. We were staring at the bright and shining sky.

"It's beautiful huh." I asked.

"Yeah..." I smiled.

"When I die... I want to become a star." He laughed.

"What if you fall?" He asked.

"...Then I'll make that lucky person's wish come true." I smiled. I looked at him and saw him writing something on the tree.

"WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING?!" I yelled at him.

"This is your tree right?" He asked.

"Yeah!" I said.

"Then you should mark it. Turn around. No peeking." I hesitated but I turned around. 

After a couple minutes, he said;

 "Okay, you can turn around now." I turned around and saw a heart. Inside a heart it said,

'Soori + Minhyuk= Forever'

I smiled.

"Who said this was your this tree too?" I said teasingly.

He pouted and looked like he was about to cry.

"I was kidding! This can be your tree too." He smiled.

"I wasn't about to cry. Plus men like me don't cry." I laughed.

"But I was told you were the cry baby of the group." His eyes widen.

"WHO TOLD YOU THAT?!" He frowned.

"...Makane..." He said evilly.

 

"HE'S SO GONNA GET IT WHEN I GET HOME!"

 

[Flashback End]

 

I smiled. "Yeah... I remember every detail..."

"Good. 'Cause if you forgot then I would've seriously cried." I smiled.

"I'm not surprised." He frowned.

"Just look at the stars." I looked up. I couldn't see the stars because of the lights around us.

"I think we should just go home..." I said sadly.

"Oh yeah, we can't see the stars." He stood up.

"Stay here." He said. I nodded and watched him walk behind a light post. Suddenly, all the lights turned off. All the stars brightened in the sky. He sat back down next to me.

"Look!  A shooting star!!" He pointed out.

"Make a wish!" I closed my eyes.

'I wish I won't die on Christmas.'

"What did you wish for?" He asked.

I stood up and stuck my tongue out at him. 

"I can't tell you." I walked away. I heard his footsteps behind me. He grabbed my hand and made me turn around. We looked into each other eyes. He let go of my hand and held my face. He pulled in closer. I closed my eyes and our lips touched.

 

Another night to remember...