First Meeting

A Dino for a brother, an Angel for a crush.

"MiSeul...have you ever wondered why you have a Korean name but a non-korean last name..?"

"No, mom. Why would I? If it's a name that you gave me, I guess I have to stick to it right?" I quipped teasingly.

My mother's voice quivered as her expression visibly shook. 

"The thing is...I didn't give you that name. Your...your real mom did. And your last name is really Kim. Kim MiSeul."

I balked. "You're kidding right?"

"No. I'm not," she forced a stern expression. "You'll move back to Korea to live with your biological parents. After so many years, they've finally located you. So..yes. You have to move back."

"But...Mom! I don't want to. I don't even know them! Please tell me you're lying!"

"It's final. Go pack. I want to see you out of this house by tomorrow morning. Here's your plane ticket, and other information. Goodbye." With a cold, harsh expression I've never seen her use before, she left me standing in the living room.

-

Narrator's POV:

MiSeul did not see it, but behind those icy eyes, her "mom" was holding back tears. She knew she had to be like this, to force her way out of MiSeul's heart to protect her from being hurt.

-

MiSeul's

I cried myself to sleep that night. After stuffing away all my belongings into my luggage, I sat on my bed for what would probably be the last time. Goodbye, to the life that I've known for 17 years.

-

The next morning, at the crack of dawn, I left the house silently, taking with me everything I owned, not leaving a trace of myself behind. I hailed a cab to the airport. 

-

"First class seats?!?" What kind of family are they? A ticket to Korea, first class, sat on my lap, having fallen from the envelope which contained all the documents and information. Tears blurred my eyes as I looked at the "One-way only" printed on the ticket. So it's final then. Is the family I've known so far going to send me off? To watch my leaving image as I depart for a life completely separate from what I've known so far?

-

With a final glance back, I walked into the departure hall, not knowing if they came to send me off. 

-

"We have reached Seoul. Please alight."

Dragging my luggage, I looked around for what would be the taxi stand. Just then, an elderly man dressed in a chauffer's uniform walked up to me. "Are you MiSeul?" I nodded. "Follow me. The Kim family asked me to pick you up. I'm your family's driver. Call me   Choi Ahjussi."

Warily, I followed him. Well, he looked legit enough, and he spoke english...so what was there to lose? Luckily, my parents forced me to take a couple of Korean lessons...huh. Wonder why.

-

Choi Ahjussi lifted up my luggage in ease, shutting it in the boot of the car. As I buckled the seatbelt, he started to tell me more information about my new "family". 

"Your family lives in a huge mansion. You'll probably be taking the east wing on the third floor...You have siblings you know. Kim Jonghyun, Kim Soojung... Jonghyun, your oppa, will be staying on the second floor, while Soojung, your unnie, will stay on the same floor as you. If you ever need help, I'll be at the first floor, staff quarters. Master Kim wanted to build a country-like setting in the middle of a city, so we have lands of green garden miles wide around the house. But we're actually right in the heart of Seoul City. We've reached."

I stood in awe, gasping at the huge infrastructure before me. A white mansion, right out of a fairytale stood before me. Is this my new home? 

-

A high pitched squeal broke my reverie. A tall girl with long black hair appeared before me, taking my arm in a friendly way and started to talk rapidly. "I'm Soojung! You have to call me unnie. You'll be staying on the third floor......by the way, Umma and Appa want to meet you. OMG finally I get to see my dongsaeng! Jonghyun's my dongsaeng too. But he's annoying, you know brothers."

I shook her off coldly. I was determined to be as cold as I could to my new family, while being the "perfect daughter" so they could not find fault with me.

"Unnie," I emphasized on this honorific, "please show the way."

-

"Ah! At last. MiSeul. You're just as pretty as in the photos. How delightful to see you after 17 years." My "parents" fawned oever me, exclaiming how big I've grown. Pfft. Like they've seen me since I was born.

"Umma, Appa, I'll take my leave first then. Don't bother waiting for me for dinner."

I took the stairs, two steps at a time, just wanting to leave.

-

a/n: sorry for slow development! This chap is mainly to introduce the main character. SHINee will come in soon:D