You Are My Sunshine (Sibum)

~Growing Up! Suju Style~

SiBum ;D

 


 

A handsome young boy sat down at the steps outside of a church, his head burrowed into his arms. From afar he looked as if he were sleeping, but up close you could hear the silent sobs escaping his  lips. He sat up and rubbed his eyes, slightly wet from crying. He coughed and cleared his throat trying to hide the fact he was crying. His big brown eyes failed him though. Siwon scratched the back of his neck while looking around.

It was almost three hours after his choir practice and his Mother had still not come to pick him up. His father was a pastor but was currently in the Phillipines to help with the disaster. His mother was apart of the Church Ministry, helping homeless and other people get back on their feet. Siwon sat up straight and tried waiting patiently. As a pastor's son he had to behave accordingly, or his parents would be shamed. He bit his tiny lips looking around. 3 hours of waiting is a bit much for a 5 year old.

The sun had completely set, leaving the area he was in dark. Only the light above the door of the locked church shining. The youngster scowled at the irresponsibility of the adults who left him there,"How can you just leave the Pastor's son there".

After realizing he was thinking ill thoughts of his parents and church family. He immediately began praying.

"Dear Lord,

I'm sorry for thinking bad of Umma and Appa, and the people in our Church. I'm sorry but It's scary. This beats Umma's record of being 2 hours late. It's dark, and I can't wait inside the church because it's locked. It's really cold too. I wanna go home. I shouldn't be selfish since I know Umma and Appa are doing what you want them to. Sorry for being selfish. I just kinda miss them..."

Siwon couldn't finish his prayer. The boy kept crying until he felt a hand touch his hair. He looked up hoping it was his Umma, but instead he saw a boy with big eyes and a worried look.

"Are you okay?", the boy asked in English. Siwon just sniffled a bit as another tear slid down his cheek, he didn't know what the boy was saying but he could understand the look he gave. The tall boy tried wiping away his tears, it was embarassing for him to cry infront of another kid. The boy just smiled at him. and backed down on another step.

 

"You are my sunshine 
My only sunshine 
You make me happy 
When the skies are grey 
You'll never know dear 
How much I love you 
So please don't take 
My sunshine Away"

 

The boy sang in perfect English. Siwon had figured out he was a foreigner, even though he looked Korean. While the other boy was singing Siwon had stopped his crying. He knew this song, because they sometimes sang it in choir. Hearing this boy in particular sing it, made his sadness dissapear. The shorter boy gave him a bright smile which made Siwon gape. A blush slowly creeping onto his handsome face. He smiled back shyly revealing his dimples.

Siwon stood up and bowed 90 degrees to the tiny singing angel before him.

"K-Kibum imneda", the boy said in broke-ish korean. Siwon nodded in understanding, his dimpled smile not leaving his face.

"Thank You Kibum", Siwon replied in equally broke sounding English. Kibum took the taller boys hand and dragged him down the steps. Their height difference becoming quite apparent. Kibum dragged him a few feet until they were met by two adults. Kibum stopped and began talking to them in rapid English, Siwon just staring confused the whole time. The parents nodded while they bent down to be at almost the same eye level as the two children. 

By the looks of it, little Siwon figured out that those two were Kibum's parents. The man had Kibum's killer smile, and his mother had identical eyes to Kibum. They gazed gently at Siwon, Kibum's Dad ruffling his hair.

"I met your Dad when he was on a mission. You are handsome like he is", the father spoke kindly in Korean making Siwon smile.

"That's Kibummie's Dad, and I'm his Umma. Has your Umma not gotten you yet?", the mother asked concerned. Siwon just nodded while the two parents smiled at each other.

"Well we just moved back here permanently. I heard Umma was working at the Soup Kitchen, so why don't you stay with us for awhile?", Kibum's Mother suggested. Siwon glanced at Kibum unsure of what to say, only getting a smile as a reply. Siwon took that as a yes and nodded. The two parents standing up and guiding them to the car.

After the two parents made sure they were buckled in properly, they got into the front seats. Kibum's father tilting the mirror so he could see his son and new friend in the back seat.

"Kibum-ah doesn't speak very much Korean. We raised him in the states, then we had to go help people like your Appa he would stay with his Grandma", the father explained while driving. Siwon just nodded, looking over at Kibum who was praying in English. Even though Siwon didn't know what he was saying, he didn't really need to. His parents taught him that no matter what language, faith is the same everywhere. His father spoke more, but as he looked back into the rearview mirror he saw the two boys asleep. Kibum leaning his head on Siwon's shoulder, while Siwon's head rested ontop of his. Both parents chuckled at thr innocence of their son and his new friend.

 

 

The Next Day

"KIBUM-AHHHHHHH"

Siwon shouted for his friend from another part of his house. Kibum practically flew out of his bed to see if his new friend is okay. He ran down the stairs towards the source of shouting, panting when he got to the kitchen. All that running, and Siwon just seemed to be staring at his bowl.

"Waeyo?", Kibum asked, his hands on his knees. Wondering what it was that was so important to worry him. Siwon just waved him over not taking his eyes off his bowl. Kibum walked over and looked in the bowl only seeing cereal. He glanced up at Siwon with an 'are you crazy??' look before looking back down at the meal.

"What is it?", he asked in broke Korean to Siwon. 

"I SEE SHISUS IN MY CEREAL", Siwon attempted at saying in English. His eyes were bugging out of its sockets while he stared at Kibum dead serious. Kibum just covered his mouth as he busted out into laughter, completely falling over and rolling on the floor.

"PFFT. HAHAHHAHAHA-YOU THOUGHT- SHISUS- HAHAHAHHAHAHA".

"ITS NOT FUNNY ITS A MIRACLE",Siwon shouted at his friend in Korean while jumping off the stool he sat at.

"Yeahhh. Okay SHISUS", Kibum teased, Siwon just looked at him confused. Not understanding Kibum's teasing.

"YAH. COME BACK HERE. IM SERIOUS. I SAW SHISUS", Siwon shouted after his American friend.

 


 Meh. my drabbles are getting too deep lately 0__0 had to end it on a semi funny note. Plus I thought making Siwon be a cry baby would switch things up. Also, the first drabble for each couple may be deep like this, but it just sets it up so I can make the rest funny.

BUT I Promise to make the next chap funny. Pleeease feel free to request~ ^^

Also thank you all for reading, commenting, and subscribing :D