He's Weird (Yewook)

~Growing Up! Suju Style~

YeWook ^^

 


 5 year old Ryeowook sat tracing circles on the grass. Occasionally pulling out some weeds. The young boy leaned on his elbows while looking up at the clouds. He was a simple lad, finding joy in the simple pleasures life had to offer. Than again, so did all children right? The boy giggled while declaring to no one in particular that a cloud he had just seen resembled a monkey and fish playing together. It reminded him of some kids in his class who each resembled one of the creatures. 

He let out a soft laugh while sitting up, gliding his hand over a green patch of grass. The thin boy let out a squeak when his hand ghosted over a much harder substance. Not the soft grass he had been playing in, but something smooth. Ryeowook looked over to see what it was had startled him. His curious eyes trailed over to see a small turtle.

"Ohh Dear", his voice yelped, scaring the creature back into its shell. The wind blew the long blades of grass, the turtle remaining still. Ryeowook formed a concerned 'O' with his mouth at the tiny creatures state. His hand covered his mouth in shock. The small child wondered what to do with the tiny thing. It was wildly unusual for a turtle to be on the Playground of this field, and a baby one at that. The boy tapped his fingers against his cheek before he thought of an idea. 

Gently, as another breeze passed through the meadow. Ryeowook lifted the small creature into his hand. It fit perfectly into his tiny palm. He smiled at the turtle while clearing his throat and holding him close.

"I had a little turtle.

His name was tiny tim" 

The boy began to gently sing one of his favorite songs to the tiny turtle. Not every child would sing to a turtle, but then again Ryeowook wasn't like alot of his classmates. 

"I put in the bath tub to see if he could swim

He drank up all the water

He ate up all the soap 

And in the morning he woke up with a bubble in his throat"

He continued the next verse with his pure falsetto voice. Ryeowook's parents were both accomplished musicians. His father being a world reknowned composer, and his mother an opera singer. It was natural for the boy to be blessed with a voice like the one he had. Ryeowook smiled when he saw the tiny turtle stick its head back out along with its arms and legs.

"bubble bubble 

pop pop pop"

The kiddie singer smiled widely, eyes closed in happiness at his accomplishment. Most children his age wouldn't have the patience or delicacy to do such a thing with such a quiet animal. Ryeowook was always praised for his patience and persistence by teachers and family members.

"Wow Usually Ddangkoma only comes out when I sing to him", a melodic voice said startling the young boy. Ryeowook turtned to see another boy, a little older than him with slightly messy black hair. He had an emotionless expression that disturbed other children. 

That's how Yesung was, always teased for being weird. His silentness and only desire to play with his turtle was what got him labeled as '3rd grade class weirdo". Ryeowook didn't know any of this, still being in the first grade. The younger stood up with the tiny turtle gently and cautiously walked over to the older boy. Ryeowook was very timid and was generally afraid of people that were older than him, or some of even his own age.

Yesung just observed the boy approaching him, it was true what he had said. His turtle Ddangkoma, when afraid would hide in his shell, refusing to come out. Yesung would have to sing him outside. Despite his blank face, he was really shocked. Not only at the young boys ability to sing his turtle out of his shell, but at the sound of his voice. 

"Here. He's yours right? I was sitting down looking at clouds. Then I moved and I found him", the shorter boy said gently while holding the turtle out for the older to grab. Yesung quietly grabbed his turtle who just looked up at him. In Yesungs mind the turtle was calling him a dummy saying he wanted to stay with Ryeowook. Ryeowook stared curiously as the older boy stared at his turtle as if they were talking in their head.

"I'm Kim Ryeowook. First Grade. What's your name?", the boy asked tilting his head to the side.

Yesung was taken back at Ryeowooks sudden question, his face still expressionless. Not many people even bothered caring who he was, just knowing him as the 'weird kid'. Yesung was always awkward around other kids because of his lack of emotion. He always had a somber, or totally blank look on his face. 

"Yesung Kim. 3rd grade", he said while petting Ddangkoma's shell with a finger. Ryeowook just smiled at the older boy. 'He's weird', Ryeowook thought for a second before petting the tiny turtle too.

"Can we be friends?", the boy asked honestly with a tiny innocent blush on his face. Yesung's facial expression changed for the first time throughout the entire conversation with Ryeowook. You could see the visual shock at the sudden request. No one had asked him such a question before. The younger boy started to frown when he didn't recieve an immediate response from Yesung. He was about to burst into tears at the elders lack of response.

"OW", Ddangkoma bit Yesung as if telling him,'say YES already stupid'. Yesung got the cue and winced while nodding profusely. Ryeowook was the first person to ever ask him that. Despite his scrunched up face from the pain of Ddangkoma's bite, he was really happy. Yesung thanked Ddangkoma in his head, had it not been for the turtle running away during their walk, he would have never made this new found friend

 


 

YeWook? Hard for me to write, cause I get sick of all YeWook kiddie drabbles to be about Yesung being retardedly obsessed with his turtle. So I tried making his character a bit mysteriousssss ;D I'll make a part two to this in a few chapters, just so you guys can understand Yesung's character better x)

thank you all for reading, commenting, and subscribing. :) Feel free to request :P