I'll Be There (Kangteuk)

~Growing Up! Suju Style~

kangteuk

 


 Kangin sound asleep, his head resting comfortably on his arms, soft snores emitting from the 2nd grade martial artist. The only thing that woke the strong boy was the sound of the school bell, signifiying his cue to find a new nap spot. Kim Youngwoon was an extremely difficult child to wake, his temper was infamous, so most teachers didn't even bother to wake the boy. He yawned while slowly filing out of the classroom, his classmates running out like a wild pack of animals. The burly boy ambled out into the hall, making his way over to the Music Department. 

Youngwoon, or more commonly known as Kangin turned the knob of an abandoned music room. The highschoolers used to practice there until they deemed it 'too small' and moved to a new one. Kangin yawned while moving over to his usual spot. A corner in the room where there was a couch, you couldn't really see it though with all the old instruments crowded around it.

The room was a bit dusty, and had many dark parts of it. Kangin didn't understand how they thought it was 'small', but it suited the young boy. As the judo player plopped down on the couch he made himself comfortable, slowly drifting into dreamland.

Youngwoon usually dreamed of cliche things, like winning the national Judo tournament and holding a big trophy. Which was the dream he was currently having. The young boy, quite big for his age, stood holding a trophy the same size as him. Everyone was cheering and confetti was flying. Kangin was in bliss, until he heard something.

A silent cry. Actually, a whimper. The silent and sad cry, stopped the trophy holder in his tracks. Where was such a sad cry coming from on such a happy occasion? He looked around, even jumping off the stage to find it. The bright lights blinded the 2nd grader making him fall over. Before there was any impact the judo player woke up. As Kangin sat up, he heard the soft crying again. Except much clearer. Light poured through the room, and blinded the Judo player like in his dream.

The child lifted his hand to shade his eyes so he could see clearly. He saw a figure sitting at the window sill. Kangin quietly moved closer to see it was another child. He was extremely beautiful. The light shone on him just like an angel, Kangin thought seriously. He always thought such pretty beings were cool, in movies, or books. But seeing one in person was something all new to him.

After Kangin stood there for about a minute, the other boy noticed another persons presence. Abruptly, he turned and saw a racoon looking boy standing there. The sandy haired boy tried to stop his tears, but they just kept falling. 

"Why are you crying?", Youngwoon asked gently, afraid if he spoke any harsher he would make the boy cry even more.

"What are you doing here? I thought no one comes over here since the big kids don't use it", the wet eyed boy stated, trying to dry his tears.

"I usually nap in here before Judo practice. Why are you crying?", the raccoon eyed child asked again. The sandy haired boy looked away, acting as if he didn't hear him.

"Aww come on. I've never seen an angel cry before. So whatever it is must be so so bad", Youngwoon said, a slight aegyo in his rare expressiveness that the angel like kid laughed at. The sandy haired angel laughed at the very fact that this cute boy even called him such a name.

"What's your name?", Kangin asked while cautiously stepping closer to the angel.

"Park Jungsoo, 4th Grade Class Representative. but my Nonna and other people call me Leeteuk. ", the now almost dried eye boy answered.

"What upset you Teukie?", Kangin asked while sitting beside Teuk on the window sill. The boy was a bit on the bigger side but managed to slightly seat himself on the dusty sill.

"W-Well...", the boy said while looking down. Leeteuk was known for having a constant bright image. While Kangins infamy was thanks to his temper, Leeteuk's was gained from his patience, kindness, and positiveness.

"M-My N-Noona, has gone away to the army. And... And I miss her", The usually well put together 4th grader burst out into tears. Kangin's expression softened. His usual constant irritation with people crying, none of it was even existent when Leeteuk cried. It broke Kangin's heart, seeing such a heavenly creature cry like that. Youngwoon wasn't the smartest in his class, but he was positive the boy next to him was an angel.

Carefully, he gave the older boy a hug. Leeteuk just cried on his shoulder, letting out all his emotion. Kangin, not moving an inch, just letting the boy hug him and heal. After what didn't seem at all long to Kangin, Jungsoo let go.

"Sorry I'm usually not like this. I try not to cry at all around my dongsaengs. I wouldn't want them to think I'm a weak hyung", the angel confessed a little ashamed of his crying fit. His new raccoon eyeed friend just smiled shaking his head.

"Aniyo Teukie-hyung. If you ever need a shoulder to cry on. If you don't want your dongsaengs to see....

I'll Be There"

 


 

"So is that how Umma met Appa?"

"Yes Donghae. That is"

"Pshh, who knew you were such a softy."

"Yah. You wanna die?"

"Kanginnie, Heechulie stop that"

"Heechullie die"

"BWOH?!"

 "Heechulie No Die"

"Jesus Hannie. Your Korean almost got you killed"

"YOU SAID THE LORD'S NAME IN VAIN"

"Oh Shut it Shisus. Calm your "

"KIM HEECHUL. LANGUAGE!"

"Umma what's ?"

"MOCHI DON'T SAY THAT WORD"

"Ugh...."