Kyung Kyung 31

Triangle

It’s weird. It’s only yesterday Hoya was admitted into the hospital. But how come today he was discharged? Weirder, it’s early in the morning. I was just about to pay a visit to him. I came back to the shop after going to hospital when I failed to meet Hoya. I sit on a chair at the counter and muse. Thinking about how he escaped when there are so many nurses and doctor plus the CCTV at the hospital. It’s not possible if the doctor discharged him because he’s not fully recovered.

            “Yookyung-ah,” someone called me. I know who, it’s Eunji. She’s the only worker at this Florist Café. I turn back facing her and smile.

            “What is it?” I ask.

            “You just came back from the hospital?” she asks me. I nod. “What did the doctor said?” she asks again. This time, I shook.

            “I didn’t get to see him. He was escaping himself this morning. The nurse said she couldn’t find him anywhere when she was about to check on him this morning. Where could he have been?” I sigh heavily.

            “Why are you so worried about him? He was about to kill you one and half year ago, and now you’re saving his life. Why?” she asks. I shook.

            “I don’t know. I just felt that I should help him. I don’t think he have the intention to kill me anyway. He was just stressed to know that I’m actually married. To a guy he don’t like,” I told her. She shook her head in disbelief.

            “He didn’t even know your husband. He just happened to hate him when he knew you’re married. To a guy he didn’t know,” she said. I tip my shoulder. “Anyway, he came just now. Searching for you,” Eunji said while cleaning the messy counter full on flower thorns.

            “Who’s coming?” I ask.

            “Who else would be searching for you? Of course, your lovely husband,” she said and went to the back shop. That person. What did he want?

            “Why is he here anyway?” I shout to Eunji who already arranging the pot on the shelves.

            “To see you, of course,” someone else answered instead of Eunji. I turn back facing that ‘someone else’ and as expected, it’s Lee Sungyeol.

            “I don’t have to repeat what I said right?” I said and was about to leave the counter.

            “I will never leave until you hear me out,” but he stopped me with his words.

            “You’re not leaving? Okay, I’ll leave,” I said. And was about to leave the shop. He grabbed my wrist and hugged me from behind. He hugged me so tightly like never want to let go. Never want to let go of me.

            “Please listen to me. I didn’t mean to hurt you the other day. I’m sorry. Please accept this foolish. I’ve realized now. How much I love you. How much I can’t live without you. Please. I’m begging.” He said. I let go of myself from him. And turn back facing him.

            “The other day? Which day?” I asks him.

            “In the car. When I said, I only care for Naeun. It’s totally a lie. I never care for Naeun anymore. You don’t know, don’t you? She’s married to Myungsoo. As you wish in the letter you left me before you left. The baby Naeun bring to meet you. It’s Myungsoo’s little boy. It wasn’t mine. I want little Sungyeol with you. Not Naeun,” he cried.

            “I know,” I said. And smile slightly.

            “You know? What is it that you know? I don’t understand,” he asks.

            “I know that it’s not you who was married to Naeun. I know that the baby Naeun bring to meet me is not yours. I know that you immediately do what I told you to do in the letter I left for you. I know it all. What I don’t know is, until when are you going to stop lying to me?” I said. Although, it is more sounds like asking.

            “I lied? Since when?” he asks.

            “When are you going to stop lying to me saying that you love me? I know that is not your true feeling, Sungyeol-ah. You’re just feeling guilty for breaking my heart, for dumping me, for leaving me to get home by myself in the middle of the night. It is all just a guilty feeling,” I said.

            “It wasn’t a lie. My feeling for you wasn’t a lie. Until when are you going to believe me? Oh no. It’s not until when are you going to believe to me that I should ask you. It’s until when are you going to lie your heart for loving me, all this while. Huh?” he asks. In a serious tone, serious expression. I chuckle a bit.

            “I never lied to my heart. I was always being honest. Being who I am. Yes, it’s true that I love you. Used to love you and still loving you. But my heart also once told me, that this guy is not for you, Yookyung-ah. You should let him go finding someone he truly loves. You’re not that person. It’s someone else. That’s what my heart told me,” I told him. At that time, I’m thinking whether it’s true or not that my heart ever told me that thing. Or is it me who create a lie?

            He step forward and hug me. I push him lightly. And smile to him. He lean closer and kiss my lips. I push him lightly. And smile to him.

            “Okay, I understand. I’ll leave you. I’ll leave you with the new world you always want to be in. Please live a new and happy life for me. Please don’t break another tears in your new life. Please smile all the time in your new life. Please don’t trust someone like me in your new life. Please don’t let anyone break your heart, dumping you, and leave you to get home by yourself in the middle of the night in your new life. Please,” he said and left to the door. Before stepping out, he turn back facing me. “Anyway, I’ll be leaving for two years for military service. Please use these two years wisely to run so far away from me because when I’m out, I’ll be hunting you and take you back into my life. I’m sure you don’t want that to happen, right?” he asks before left.