School vs. Home-Learning

Love Subject

“Miss Jung! Wake up!!! It’s your first day going to school!!!” Your maid frantically pulled your leg while you, still in the blanket, held tightly onto the bed’s edge.

“Miss Jung! Please!” She was about to lose her mind when you finally fell from your bed. You got up and whined, “What’s that was about?!”

“Miss Jung Jaeun, don’t your mom tell you?” As she do your messy bed. “You are GOING to school?”

“What Is school?” you yawned sleepily as you stretched your body. Mrs.Lee froze and blinked at you blankly. “Don’t you know?”

“Yeah,” you shrugged. “What I know is, learn. With a boring teacher that explain non-stop until the time is over.”

*Seriously this kid, she used to home-learning since child that she don’t even know what school is.*

“Um, okay, maybe, you should go and wash yourself first.” Mrs.Lee put the towel on your shoulder and pushed you to the bathroom.                          

~O~O~O~O~O~O~                                                                                                                                                                                             

“Hurry up Miss Jung! You gonna be late for your first day at school!” Mr. Kim, your driver, reminded you.

You hurried and got into the car and panted tiredly. “Alright already! I’m done!” You hissed. Mr.Kim just grinned.

After a few minutes,

“Okay dear, we’re here.”

You looked outside the window with amazed. The building in front of you is big! Big enough like your house! With lots of pupils with the same uniform walking with their hand full of books!

“What is this?” You pointed the building.

“Well, it’s your school Miss Jung. Where you LEARN, it’s the same as home-learning but this time, you learn with FRIENDS.”

“Huh?” you still didn’t get the meaning of ‘SCHOOL’. Mr. Kim just chuckled at your confusion.

“It’s okay Miss Jung. You will know later. Now, go out there and make yourself comfortable. Don’t tell me you can’t do it.” Mr. Kim teased.

You looked at him in the eye with sharp. You hate when someone said you can’t do anything. Because, you know you are PERFECT. You were born to be PERFECT!

“Hmp! Who said I can’t? You will pop your eyes out if you do see me talking with some of them!” You said proudly, and you got out the car. Well, you do left out the part ‘I’m so nervous’.

“You said so Miss Jung. I’ll wait for you here at 3. Annyeong.” The driver went. You pouted as you eyed the car.

“No one can say that to me.” You mumured and turned to face the big building which you thought is school.

“This is just an easy matter. Mr. Kim told me it’s the same as home-learning where the teacher explain about something non-stop until the time is up.”

So, off you went into the school. You found that there’s a counter in front of the main door.

*Hum, should I ask the lady who was doing her nail? And I thought school is only for LEARNING, not manicure.*

With bravery, you went to the counter. The lady doesn’t seem to notice you as she was so into her nail thing.

“Ehem ehem.”

The lady looked up just to see you looking at her weirdly.

“Oh, yeah, Miss Jung!” The lady quickly shot up.

You do startled a little at the sudden scream. “How do you know my name?”

“Um, well, you already registered here. And this is your time-table.” She seems to be nervous as she handed you the thing she called ‘timetable’.

You took it slowly. “Um, thanks.”

You went away. The lady relieved a sigh. “I almost ‘let the word out of my mouth’! Silly me!” she muttered to herself and went back to her things.

You examined the timetable, “What is this thing? Is it some kind of schedule that I usually have?” You were busy with that thing until you bumped into someone.

“Ow!” You fell. “Sorry!” The guy offered his hand but you looked at him with angry and got up. “Watch where you’re going!” You hissed at him although it was YOUR fault.

“Oops, mianhae.” He rubbed the back of his hair and smiled nervously. You rolled your eyes at him and went away.

“Stupid guy!” And then went back to your ‘timetable thing’. “It said here I have Geometry at 8.35.” You looked at your wrist-watch, it showed 8.15. “I still have 20 minutes before the lesson start. Humm, nan ottoke?” You tapped your chin. But then, you realized that you haven’t eat your breakfast yet.

“Oh yeah, I was so into this school things that I forget everything about eating.” So, you went to find the cafeteria.

“Wow! It’s bigger than my house.” There were so many tables and big and the pupils was happily eating and giggling. “It’s so different than home-learning.”

And that’s when you smelled your favourite food.

After 20 minutes eating, ALONE, the bell rang. You felt shocked that you almost choked down your food! “What, was, that?” And you looked at the time, it’s 8.35. *Omo! I have Geometry!* You quickly wiped your mouth with a piece of napkin and rushed to your class. Although you don’t know what’s the meaning of school, you still know the meaning of ‘late’.

Unfortunately, you forgot that you’re still new in school and don’t know where the class is. Usually, you learn in a room that your parents provided for you, but not this time.

“Um, where should I learn?” you muttered frantically. “I don’t see any room here!”

And then, there someone that good enough to notice you. “Hey, you’re the newbie girl, right?” He smiled sweetly.

 “Um, yep.”

“Nice, I’m Jo Kwangmin. The president of this school.”

“Oh, yeah, I’m Jung Jaeun.”*President? Does school have president? You got to be kidding me*

“So, what are you looking for?”

“Um, actually, I kinda have Geometry now but, I can’t seem to find the ‘room’.” You flared.

Youngmin chuckled when you said ‘room’. You looked at him blankly.

“Did I blurt out something funny?”

“Huh?”, Kwangmin regained from his chuckle. “Oops, sorry. You dropped out the word CLASS in front of the word room, just now.”

“Huh? Is it? Oh.” You hung your head in shame. *Is it even matter?* And you start to sing ‘Nothing even Matter’ by Big Time Rush in your head.

“Naa, it’s okay. I’m sorry. Come on, I’ll show you your ROOM.” He leaded you. You smirked at him.

*It’s the same, right? Doofus!”

*knock knock*

 

Kwangmin opened the door slowly to reveal a room, filled with pupils and were facing a green board with a teacher, and that part was the same as home-learning.

“Sorry to disturb you Mr. Im. But I believe you dropped out a student.” Then he dragged you into the classroom.

Everyone in the class turned their attention to you. You looked down with shy.

“Oh, Miss Jung. Sorry, thanks Kwangmin.” Kwangmin replied with a smile and went away, leaving you with the old teacher and the weirdo pupils in front of you.

“So, everyone, you have a new classmate in Geometry today.” He said loudly that startled you a bit.

*That’s weird, Mr. Kim didn’t tell me the teacher explains with loud voice.*

“Although you all already know her name,” he said that part slowly, “So by the way, do introduce yourself to the class.”

You slowly looked at the classroom and the pupils, *It’s creepy.* But you tried your best and remember this sentence,

You were born to be PERFECT, Jung Jaeun.

*Yes, I was born to be PERFECT. You can’t be shy to some weirdos in front of you! You can do it Jaeun! Hwaiting!*

“Um, my na…me is Jung Jaeun, But I prefer, people, to call me… Jaeun.” You stuttered. “I’m new here, and, not use, to, this school things,” you said each word slowly. “Hope, you, all, under, stand.” You bowed slowly.

But it’s quiet, and you thought there was gonna be, like, clapping their hand, and you will gratefully appreciate it!

“Thank you very much Miss Jung Jaeun, you can now choose your own sit.”

You looked at the teacher blankly, the teacher pointed to the empty table.

*What?! You mean I have to sit with these weirdos? Urgh! Home-learning much better!” Without any choice, you slowly walked to the empty table and sat.

“Okay then, class, let’s continue back. So, here are the line...” the teacher explained back like what your home-learning teacher always do.

You actually had already learn that lesson he was talking about, *What? Why they are so slow?!* So, you felt kinda boring about it but pretending to listen to it.

For the truth, you actually had learned all lesson high school level. And you’re supposed to learn the college level today and that’s when Miss. Lee told you, you have to go to school today.

~O~O~O~O~O~O~

After 1 hour ‘sleeping’ while your eyes opened, the class finally over.  You went out the class,

“Argh!*Yawns* What a boring lesson.” You muttered. “Okay, where should I go next before my…” you opened your bag and took out the timetable. You examined it and, “Korean class.” You finished your sentence.

“It’s too early for lunch and I’ve just had my breakfast 1 hour ago. Is there a place for me to take a fresh breath since it is still morning. Don’t tell me that this big school doesn’t have garden.” So, off you went to look for the school garden.

On your way there, you met again with… *Is that Kwangmin? I guess. Whatever.* You ignored him like you really don’t know him and never talk to. You really don’t like asking, you know you are PERFECT, you can do your things all by yourself.

Kwangmin did saw you and greeted you, “Hi!”

But you ignored him and went with ignorance. “Hum, maybe she was shy. It’s okay.” And continued back his walk.

You find and find and find, all you could see is, building, door, pupils which you call weirdos with their same uniform. Oh, did I tell you, you’re not wearing the uniform’s school like everyone. I would have sworn that if anybody makes you wear that, you will turn like a monster, an angry monster which will rip you up! There’s no way she gonna wears that ugly uniform.

So, back to the topic. You can’t seem to find the garden and you rather die than asking. *You can find it, Jaeun! You can! If you HAVE to ask, then, die is your solution!*

It’s almost half an hour since you’re Geometry class over and you didn’t even get a FRESH AIR! “How come there’s no garden in school?! Doesn’t this people need an fresh air to breathe?! WEIRDOS!” You shouted out load with frustration. And all the students walking by, stop to look at you.

You regained from the shout and turned to look at them, you smirk at them and went away.

“Hey, isn’t her the Principal Park’s daughter?”

“Yup, she is so pretty. I’m so jealous of her!”

“And rich too, his father owns a 5 stars hotel, you know!”

“Jeongmal? WOW! No wonder she had home-learning since child!”

All the students were talking about you and praise how PERFECT you are.

“I wanna see the principal!” you growled and accidentally, met with Kwangmin again.

“Hey! Where are you going?”

You answered his question, “Principal’s room! Can you take me to her or him?!”

“Bo?! Um, sorry. Our principal is really strict! I don’t think you are dare enough to meet HER.” he stopped your way.

You scoffed, “Pfft, are you saying that I CAN’T?!”

*Oops! I forget about the ‘can’t things’!* “Um, no! I mean, she have meeting with the teachers, right now. So, it’s best not to bother her right now.”

“Get out of my way before I smash your face like a potato smash!” You growled.

Youngmin swallow hard his saliva. *Man, is she a girl?!*

“Um, please no! You really can’t!” Then, you struggle to push him out of your way. You hit Youngmin (not punch okay~) hardly. “Get… out… of my way!” you keep hitting.

“Hey! I said- ow! Yah! It’s hurt! Jung Jaeun! Ow! Don’t hit me in the face! OW!”

*Oh GOD, please let a miracle come!!!

Author's Note

Sorry if my grammars are wrong. I know you're kinda confuse about this chapter but it's okay. You will slowly understand as i update the next chapters. By the way, did i tell you that every chapter has a hot topic for you. Well, like this, i start a topic and you allcan response to the topic at the comment box. This chapter's topic is, since it's a Boyfriend's fanfic. Let's start the conversation about Boyfriend! Whose you favourite and why? Mine is Youngmin and Minwoo cause they are cute! ^_^