New friends.

A beautiful place.

 

Chapter 3: New friends.

Two years passed and Minseok had graduated successfully from high school with amazing notes. After that day at the forest, he had kept his promise and never spoke about Luhan again with his brother. His brother had listened truthfully to him. That seemed to be the only thing he needed.

He didn’t feel lonely even after thinking back of Luhan and his brother really supported him in the situation.

Minseok moved on. He finally moved on. For real.

“Hyung!”

Minseok turned around and was welcomed by a hug of his best friend, Kyungsoo.  

“Kyungie!” He greeted the latter.

“And, are you excited?” Kyungsoo asked happy. Obviously he was. Minseok chuckled at his best friend and nodded his head.

“Yes, so are you I see.”

“Of course! It’s our first day in college! Can’t wait for it!”

The two walked to their new school while they talked excitedly with each other.

Kyungsoo was one of the few friends he kept in contact with after they graduated. He met Kyungsoo some years ago in middle school. Kyungsoo was his first friend. Well, the first friend he had after that happening. He tried to hide the fact that he used to be depressed and was still taking medication to keep him stable from him. But soon enough Kyungsoo found out and was actually shocked. Minseok though he had lost his friend then, but to his surprise Kyungsoo had hugged him.

 Their friendship became stronger then and together they met more friends. Kyungsoo was just like his family, trying really hard to make Minseok happy again.

Together with him and their other friends, Baekhyun, they went together to Seoul and decided to live in dorms and study there.

“Where is Junsu? He didn’t come with you?” Kyungsoo asked as he looked around.

Minseok scolded himself for getting lost in thoughts again.

Kyungsoo knew his friends occasionally would get lost in his own thoughts. He was already used to it.

“Junsu, he’s not coming to school?”

“Oh, Junsu-hyung. He had a special meeting, so he left a while ago.” Minseok answered. “Oh no! It’s already late!”

“Run~!”

~~~~

The boys looked around the room and saw a lot of boys around them and only a few girls. Most of them already made friends and were chatting with each other, since they probably came on time.

Kyungsoo stumbled when another boy bumped into him and Minseok tried to help him get his balance back. Kyungsoo looked up and blushed when he saw the face of the person who bumped into him. The boy was plain gorgeous.

The boy said sorry and bowed slightly before walking away. Kyungsoo muttered a soft ‘It’s okay’ and kept staring at the back of the person leaving.

Minseok tried to get Kyungsoo back from his thoughts, but failed. Minseok noticed Kyungsoo was still staring had the boy. He chuckled, seeing how his best friend just fell for the handsome boy like that.

“So, that is your style~” Minseok teased. “I thought you were more into the cute type. But I have to admit, he’s hot.”

Kyungsoo scoffed. “No, he isn’t.  I don’t even like him, where did you get that idea from.” He obviously was in denial. Unless you were blind, you could obviously see Kyungsoo had the hots for that guy. No offence. And Kyungsoo’s words weren’t really that convincing when he glanced at the stranger after his words.

Kyungsoo looks surprised when the stranger was also looking at him and smiled when their eyes met. Kyungsoo was feeling hot and he knew his cheeks were bright red at the moment, especially  when his friend chuckled again.

Minseok looked at his friend, then to the stranger before walking off without a word.

 Kyungsoo looked flustered when he saw his best friend was walking toward the guy. But he didn’t worry to much. Minseok wasn’t the type to just walk to someone and talk to him. Minseok was just teasing him. Yeah just tea-

Kyungsoo freaked out when he saw Minseok going closer to the guy and hurries to Minseok’s side to hold him back, but he failed miserably. Instead Minseok was the one pulling him now and walked to the hot boy.

“Hey, I’m Minseok.” Minseok greeted him with a smile.

 “Jongin, nice to meet you.” The boy, Jongin, greeted back with a smile and shook hands with Minseok. “And your friend is?” Jongin asked curiously.

 “I-I, K-Kyungs-.” Kyungsoo tried to say stable, but ended up tripping over his own words. Luckily a voice interrupted his  humiliation.

“KYUNGSOO! MINSEOK!” The whole class got surprised by the sudden yell. A short boy ran up to the three boys. He waved hysterically at Kyungsoo and Minseok, hugging them both when he reached them. “GUYS! I AM TRANSFERED TO YOUR CLASS! ISN’T THAT GREAT!”

Minseok and Kyungsoo wondered how the hell Baekhyun managed to be so shy before.

Baekhyun didn’t even let them answer him or say anything at all, because he soon noticed they were making a new friend and introduced himself with a cute smile. “Hey! I’m Baekhyun!”

“Jongin.” Jongin chuckled at the hyper boy that just entered and Kyungsoo couldn’t help but feel a tiny bit sad and jealous.

Before they could get to know each other, Jongin’s friend had come and greeted Jongin. “Sehun-ah, these are my new friends!”

“Hello, I’m Sehun.”  The boy said with a slight lisp. The others found it kind of cute, but the boy, Sehun, obviously felt a bit embarrassed by his own lisp.

That day, they all stuck together and their friendship started. The group started to hang out with each other during classes every day. After two week or so, another friend joined them, Chanyeol, who was two weeks late, because he was so stupid to forget the time, so he didn’t know classes already started. Only Chanyeol could manage to do that.

And Jongdae joined them soon after too. Jongdae was in another class, but they met him when he was trolling students. Their friendship began weirdly after they became Jongdae’s next victims. They could only laugh out loud when Chanyeol tripped over the rope, which was visible to everyone, but Chanyeol of course.

~~~~

“KYUNGSOO! KYUNGSOO!”

They were all cheering for Kyungsoo at the karaoke. All of them had already sung many songs, danced and did other weird stuff, while Kyungsoo was the only one who had been silent all the time. His friends tried to make him sing before, but without any luck.

They all looked hopefully at Kyungsoo, who shook his head cutely.

“No, I can’t sing!”

“Please hyung~ I want to hear you sing~” Jongin pleaded, pouting. When he saw Kyungsoo’s blush, he knew it worked.

“B-But- I-I…” Kyungsoo looked into those puppy eyes, forgetting al his other friends around him. Yeah, Jongin always had that effect on him, even after they became ‘friends’. “Okay…”

“Yeah! It worked!” Jongin high-fived Minseok and the others laughed out loud when Kyungsoo looked at them full disbelieve.

“I told you! He would totally fall for it!” Minseok exclaimed and clapped as he laughed out loud. He had eye contact with Kyungsoo, who was glaring at him right now.

“YOU GUYS TRICKED ME?!” He yelled, standing up frustrated.

Jongin smiled sheepishly. “You agreed, now sing~” Jongin pulled Kyungsoo forward, but Kyungsoo refused to walk further to the microphone. Jongin hugged Kyungsoo from behind and started walking, making Kyungsoo walk along with his eyes wide open and his cheeks bright red as always.

In the end Kyungsoo sang for them and left them all in awe. They sang a few songs more, but now together with Kyungsoo. After some drinks and snacks they left the room and decided to hang out at Minseok’s room some more. Except of Baekhyun and Chanyeol. Even though Baekhyun wanted to hang out with them, Chanyeol had dragged him along with him and told the other not to bother them no matter what. The group knew by then that Chanyeol was going to confess to Baekhyun.

That left Minseok, Kyungsoo, Jongin, Sehun and Jongdae at Minseok’s place. The moment they were going to sit down, Jongin had pulled Kyungsoo on his lap. Sehun took the big sofa chair, while Minseok sat next to Jongdae.

They played games, watched movies, joked around and ate dinner together until late at night. Junsu came home late and greeted them all, telling them they should all go to their own dorm already. It was already 1AM. Minseok told them goodbye and cleaned up the last bits, since his friends already helped before.

Minseok thought about the whole day and smiled as he made himself fall on his bed.

He couldn’t be happier.

 -end of New friends-