Getting a job.

A beautiful place.

 

Chapter 4: Getting a job.

“He obviously likes you too!” Minseok exclaimed to his best friend. “Jongin has been all over you ever since we met. That’s like… Three months ago already!”

Minseok sighed when Kyungsoo shook his head shyly.

“I don’t think he does… On what did you base that? Jongin is like the hottest boy in college.” Kyungsoo whined and Minseok wondered if love really made you blind. Seriously, how much does Jongin need to do to convince Kyungsoo of his feelings? If both of them weren’t too damn shy about it. The whole school thought they were dating since week 1, because Jongin had no idea what personal space meant if it was about Kyungsoo. Yet, none of them dared to confess.

“Uhm- I don’t know. Maybe the way he always looks at you? Or what about the fact that he hold you every time he gets a chance? Oh, not to forget the way he sweet talks to you and calls your baby or honey or sweetie. Or is it the way he only holds your hand from time to time, or always makes you sit on his lap when we game or watch a movie? I have no idea where Minseok-hyung got that idea.” Baekhyun exclaimed frustrated in his diva-like tone.

Usually Minseok would scold him and tell him to say things nicer, but this time, he agreed with Baekhyun.

“Baekhyun, you forgot to mention how Jongin pecks his cheeks whenever Kyungsoo falls asleep first or how he got a bon-”

“OKAY!  I GET IT! Stop your nonsenses. A-And J-Jongi-in did-dn’t get a- you know-… ” Kyungsoo coughed, trying to let the topic pass by. He was successfully saved by the bell.

“Minseok-hyung! Baekhyun-hyung! Kyungsoo-baby!”

The three looked behind and waved at Jongin and Sehun, except for Kyungsoo, who was looking somewhere else because of his shyness whenever Jongin called him nicknames.

“What were you guys doing?” Sehun asked after greeting them too.

Together they walked toward the lecture hall.

“Just talking about Kyungsoo and J-”

“NOTHING!” Kyungsoo interrupted Baekhyun, covering the latter’s mouth.  “Where are Jongdae and Chanyeol?”

“Wow, Kyungsoo… You’re really the master of changing subjects.” Minseok said playfully. He laughed when he saw Kyungsoo glare at him.

“Kyungsoo~ You should smile already!” Jongin said sweetly, as he threw an arm around Kyungsoo’s shoulder and ruffled the latter’s hair with his free hand.

Baekhyun and Minseok eyed Kyungsoo mischievous, but got ignored, because well…  Once Jongin was in the picture, Kyungsoo would only see him.

~~~~

It was 5 o’clock when Minseok was finally done with his last classes.

Minseok sighed, stretching his body, as he walked down the street, on his way to buy groceries, since he was in charge today.  

College sure was killing him. He knew it was going to be hard from the start, but still. It was hard to keep up with everything sometimes. But he was happy that he finally managed to get all his stuff done, so he could rest this weekend.

Unlike Chanyeol, Baekhyun, Jongin and Sehun, who weren’t even half done.

They were the kind of students who would do nothing, have fun and hang out until the day before the submission day. They will always freak out and work together to get everything done. (After Jongin’s failing attempts of getting the answers from Kyungsoo, so that they could all copy it. Unfortunaly for Jongin and the other idiots, that were the only times Kyungsoo could would reject Jongin.)

It was their fault really.

While he himself, Kyungsoo and Jongdae studied hard every day, Chanyeol and Baekhyun would be on a date or making out somewhere (or both of course), while Jongin and Sehun would be hanging out with who knows who, eating, gaming, watching TV or anything else, but studying.

Minseok laughed softly in the middle of the street, thinking of how silly his friends actually were.

That’s when a new café caught his attention.

He walked closer to it and looked in the inside through the window. He noticed it wasn’t open yet, but that it was almost done.

Even though it wasn’t done yet, it looked really nice in Minseok’s eyes. He should keep in mind to come by in the future.

“Hey.” Minseok looked to his side surprised. A tall, handsome man was standing in the door opening of the café. He had light blonde, yellowish hair color. He wore a white blouse, which really looked cool on him. Minseok though he had never thought someone looked so cool.

“You like it?” The man asked curiously. Minseok nodded in responds and smiled at the man.

“It looks amazing. When does it open?”

“Well, actually… It won’t open for a while. I have staff shortages and well… Without waiters, I can’t open.” The man sighed, but smiled nonetheless at Minseok. “But I’m working on it, so you can visit later.”

“Oh… Really?” Minseok thought for a moment. Taking a job wouldn’t be bad, right? “How many people do you need?”

The man looked confused. He started to count in his head, while muttering the numbers softly. Minseok then realized the man was not Korean, but Chinese. Minseok was really surprised by that. The man spoke fluently Korean and he didn’t look that Chinese too.

 “Uhm… Around 6-7 would already be great… At least 4 staff members, since it would be too hard to find enough. It’s hard to find them though.” The man mumbled, slightly. He thought to himself that maybe he should be less picky and should care less about looks from now on, or else he would never get his staff together. He sighed. ‘There goes my idea for the café.

“Really?! I know some people! As long as you’re okay with college students?” Minseok exclaimed excitedly. 

“Are you serious?! Everything will do! And if they are as cute as you, then it will be only extra good.” The man suddenly felt less hopeless than before. It was really a good idea to talk to this boy. 

Minseok blushed at the compliment. He always felt weird whenever people would complement him, especially when they would call him ‘cute’. “Actually… They look more handsome than me. Then, I guess I have a job right now.”

 “Haha, thank you so much. This means a lot to me.” The man bowed slightly, to show his gratefulness toward the boy he just met and who saved him. ”Oh, before I forget it, my name is Wu Yifan, but you can call me Kris. I’m the head around here.” The man, called Kris, pointed to the café with a proud smile.

Minseok chuckled before introducing himself to, shaking Kris’ hand.

 “My name is Minseok, Kim Minseok. Nice to meet you.”  

“Nice to meet you too, Minseok.”

~~~~

Minseok arrived at the dorm with a big smile, after he came back from getting dinner (since he had no time anymore to make dinner himself) and talking some more with Kris about the café and their lives.

“What happened to my little brother?” Junsu asked with laughed from the cough, putting the soccer game he was watching on pause, before turning to his brother.

Minseok put the food on the table in front of the cough, before jumping next to his brother.

“I got a job!” He said happily, before biting in a chicken wing.

“Really?!” Junsu exclaimed, also happy for his little brother.

Minseok hummed in responds, before finishing the wing he was holding.

 “Yes, in a new café! I should call the others, since I sort of told my boss they would work too.”

“Haha, you better not forget telling them then. Congratulation, nae dongsaeng-ah!” Junsu hugged his little brother and started tickling him.

 Minseok started laughing hysterically, trying to put the finished chicken wing on the table, before returning the attack and tickle his brother back. They both laughed out loud, until Minseok admitted defeat.

Both finished their dinner slowly, because the two kept on laughing and joking together as they watched ‘Running man’ together.

Minseok stood up to clean up, but Junsu stopped him with a smile.

“I’ll clean up~”

 “Thanks, hyung.”

“You’re welcome, and you better call you friends now!” Junsu said teasingly, hitting Minseok’s when the latter stood up to leave.

 “Hyung!” Minseok exclaimed, embarrassed by his older brother’s behavior. He always felt like a little kid whenever his hyung did that. He was already in college for god’s sake. He wasn’t a kid anymore; no matter how many times Junsu tells him he always will be his baby brother.

”Sorry, old habit.” Junsu joked, walking toward the small kitchen in their dorm.

“Haha, I love you hyung!” Minseok said, before rushing into his room quickly, leaving a contented Junsu behind.

 “This cute little kid, mature, tsk, my .”

Minseok reached his bed and sat on it. He took his cellphone, hurriedly called his friends and asked them all if they wanted a job or not.

Luckily all of them were okay with it. Some lazy asses (Jongin and Sehun) were the happiest about not having to search themselves for the job. They were happy he got them one, or else they would never go search for one.

Minseok laid in his bed and fell asleep quickly after, dreaming a happy dream about a cute deer-like boy.

-end of  Getting a job-

 

a/n: Yay, Kris is in the story now too~ The members will  gather one by one~ I mean ALL the members (hint hint). I realized myself, that I always make Kris cool and admiring in Minseok’s eyes in all my fics, hahaha. Well, it is because I think it is like that in real life too. I think, even though Minseok is the hyung, he really looks up to Kris and admires him for real.

Sorry for abandoning this story! I thought no one liked it, while this is personally one of my fav stories I’m writing :P So I will be updating this story more from now on~ Hope people will like it more… Sorry for the lack of Xiuhan till now and that it may seem like a Kaisoo story, or a baekyeol one, but  I promise, IT IS A XIUHAN!  It’s hard to not mention Luhan in the chapters, but it’s really needed for the story line. Minseok moved on after all (for now)~!!!

PLEASE COMMENT AND SUBSCRIBE!! <3 I always forget to reply, very sorry for that. But I’m really happy with your comments~!