Escape

The Patient.

I want to hit myself in the face.

It's amazing how ty this story is and yet I still receive so much good response -- It makes me want to all of you.

Enjoy <3


LuHan was so used to SeHun waking him up in the middle of the night -- whether it was for sleeping at his side or to talk about a bad dream -- and this time, he didn't even argue when he asked him to turn on the light -- LuHan had always asked himself what the difficulty was of turning the light on himself. -- the room was now lightened and SeHun wasn't wearing the same clothes as always; he was now wearing a sweater that seemed too heavy for his teenage body and pants that covered part of his blue sneakers.

 

"We're leaving, Lu hyung." He said, looking at LuHan with those pure, innocent teen eyes and batting eye lashes, as he always did. "You can only get a backpack you can carry around, otherwise it'll be too difficult to move."

 

"Leaving my ." LuHan said, as he walked to the bed and lied down, his hands cupped under the back of his head and his fingers tangling within each other. "Go to sleep, it's probably your brain that's about to give in."

 

"I'm really not kidding, hyung."

 

"SeHun, if we get caught..." LuHan took a second to swallow heavy, as tmemories came back to his mind -- the rough leather belts tied on his wrist, the hard-as-concrete bed he lied on, the heavy helmet forcefully placed on his head, the tears st down his face, shock.

 

"What?" SeHun said, cutting off LuHan's thoughts.

 

"If we get caught, something really bad is going to happen to us afterwards." LuHan looked at the roof, concentrating on not getting caught off by his own thoughts, and then SeHun sat beside him, placing his hand on the right side of LuHan, leaning closer to him.

 

"Do you want to spend the rest of your life locked up or 15 minutes with me outside, under the beautiful night of Seoul?"

 

"That won't be enough for the 3 minutes of agonizing pain and the next week full of hell-like headaches, Oh SeHun." He said. "What do you mean?" "If I leave this place & they find me, they will give me electro shocks."

 

"So?"

 

"Will they give them to you?"

 

"If they give them to you, they're giving them to me too, LuHan."

 

LuHan was thoughtful for a second, and then he nodded, although he didn't understand what SeHun said -- because he didn't know what situation SeHun was in, he didn't know if they were both in the same row of mental disease, so he didn't know if he would get the same he had gotten two years ago, when he tried to escape.

 

"I know what will happen, and I don't care, because as long as I'm with you, I'm fine." He smiled. LuHan thought SeHun was immature and sometimes cheesy, but he understands now, he understands SeHun has the mind of a fifteen year old, and then he remembers: I was just like him when I had his age -- so reckless, so careless; hungry for freedom, hungry to live a little.

 

"SeHun-ah, please thighnk what you're doing." LuHan said. "I'm the voice of the reason right now, so get yourself together."

 

"Lu hyung, we only have a month left." LuHan swallowed heavy, a knot now tied on his throat. He had tried to suppress remembering they only had 30 days left together, and SeHun had said he would actually leave him after a year; he tried not to think about it, he really did, and although it wasn't successful, having SeHun remember him he only had a few days left with the person he had been sharing intimacy with for over a year, it was freaking heart-breaking. How ridiculous LuHan was? Loosing his manhood to a playful and reckless fifteen-year-old, but he thought SeHun was like the young him, once in the past he was just like him -- always looking for adventure and laughter -- and then he realized, maybe, besides SeHun being ridiculously beautiful, LuHan liked him because he was a clear reflection of the old him, that one that didn't hear voices or loathed himself, the happy old him.

 

And then something on the pit of LuHan's stomach brought him back from daydreaming, and he became speechless for a few seconds, and then, "Fine, SeHun-ah, but, again, times are going to be harder for us, and I won't be able to handle another electro shock session, and we're most likely to be forbidden to see each other, and I don't want that."

 

"Lu hyung," SeHun groaned, now leaning forward and closer to SeHun so that their foreheads would touch. "I promise you'll be completely numb and you won't feel the shocks."

 

You are so ing weird, SeHun-ah, was everything LuHan could think of, and all he could do now was smile, smile and lean further to peck the younger. "Let's go." He smiled, biting his bottom lip and tasting the salty flavor of SeHun's lips -- that taste he would never forget, the feeling of his always chopped & dry lips, but that never seem to have a bad taste, only a salty one, and LuHan just didn't know why he was always highlighting this kind of details about SeHun, it just seemed like there was always something about him to remember.

 

"Check who's there." SeHun said, jumping off LuHan's side and biting his lip in concern.

 

LuHan only felt his hands shake and adrenaline floating through his veins and sending shivers down his spine; not an unfamiliar feeling, two years ago, he did the same. Now he remembers, -- the cold air of the rooms going through the thin silk of his pants and torso as he ran through the hallways; his, back then, short hair just going back as the air held it backwards; the adrenaline melting his sharpened senses down and his guts almost going up his throat -- and he wishes he will never be as unsuccessful as he was back then when he tried to run away.

 

LuHan popped out his head through a little space he had between the door sill and the door. No one was around, but it was still spine chilling, even looking outside was ing wrong. LuHan looked back and shook his head aside, indicating SeHun to move with him. SeHun looked outside and smiled, and ran through the hallway, hiding behind a door, his back against the wall, and by that moment, LuHan would swear he could actually see himself -- short, black hair replaced SeHun's brown, thick lashes of hair, and a blue, with white and pink flowers, replaced the blue sweat pants SeHun was wearing -- like the day he tried to run away.

 

LuHan followed SeHun, and he now doubted this would be successful, because SeHun was taking the exact same hallways LuHan had taken back then when he tried to escape, and he was doing the same damn twists as he took curves down the hallways, and wasn't SeHun a reckless bastard; LuHan was shivering, more like shaking completely, flinched in fear by the slightest sound he would hear -- the idea of being shocked was the most prominent in his mind by that moment, that and how SeHun acted so much like him when he was younger -- And now LuHan couldn't help himself anymoren, his instincts were now taking over him; his arms were now wrapped tight around SeHun's waist, and he pushed him into a door; -- God knows where that door brought them to -- he knew he had heard something, someone coming by, and the idea of being found together running around the hallways wouldn't be pleasant for the doctors. 

 

The space LuHan had brought SeHun to was as good as none; it was like a shoe box, and all you could hear were breaths being taken. Now LuHan's back was against the wall, and SeHun's back was against LuHan; LuHan's hand now wrapped around SeHun's waist and stomach. LuHan couldn't see anything, but he could see SeHun's silhouette turning around to face him, their noses now so close to the point they were touching, and all LuHan could do with his arms was wrapping them tight around SeHun's skinny body.

 

LuHan smiled, even though he knew he didn't need to, because it was dark as hell, and all he wanted to do was find those damn lips he felt hungry for. And it began, he slowly kissed SeHun's cheeks and ran his lips through the path he followed to find the younger's lips, and there they were, those thick lips he could never get tired of. The more passionate the kiss became, the heavier the breathing became, and now LuHan knew he had to stop.

 

He walked into the door and slowly opened it, before popping his head outside to face only the cold wind of the empty hallway, and now a door was there, another one, and he remembers that is the last door -- the damn entrance door. SeHun, of course, was the first one to run, and he managed to open the door -- without an ID card or a key -- without having that annoying alarm turn on, and then LuHan judges that he shouldn't be surprised, because he did the same thing before, and back then, it was impressive, but no longer now. And so he ran to SeHun, literally on his tip toes and avoiding making too much noise, if any noise at all.

 

LuHan walked outside, his bare feet now touching the cold concrete of the parking lot. Now a sharp sense of freedom invaded his insides, and a smile was inevitable this time. By the time he had gotten to hide behind a random car, SeHun was now letting him lead.

 

"Behind the second building, in the woods, there is a path we can go to." LuHan said, his fingers now twirling on the iron of the car. "It leads to some traditional restaurant." SeHun said. LuHan didn't know how SeHun could know that, actually, almost everything SeHun knew wasn't what a fifteen year old should know.

 

"We'd rather not make contact with anyone out there."

 

"They'd find out." LuHan didn't know what that meant either, but again, SeHun was a weird kid, and half of the things he said didn't actually make sense, while the other half was able to knock your senses.

 

"We'll go one by one." LuHan said.

 

"Should I go first?" SeHun said, his hand now stretched over LuHan's lap. With a nod from the elder, SeHun ran like a maniac through the parking lot. His steps so silly to the point of driving LuHan to chuckles, and then he disappear behind the white and blue building -- the second building -- that was about fifty meters away from the building they were put in.

 

LuHan looked around and mentally kicked himself for being as weak as letting a fifteen year old drive him into an electro shock session. He ran, on his tiptoes, trying to make the least noise possible, and it seemed for him to take ages, and his hair was always getting in his face, blocking the view. After a few seconds, he met the younger's eyes, and nodded slightly -- indicating him to follow him -- before running towards the dark woods.

 

"That place is even darker than I ever thought." SeHun said.

 

LuHan widened his eyes, "shut up." He whispered.

 

"No one's going to hear me, LuHan." He smiled.

 

"Let's go." LuHan smiled and followed the younger, his concern now being fed by the leaves cracking under his feet, and the noise the tree branches made every time he pushed them aside. He didn't know how deep into the woods they had walked, but his legs were already burning - probably from staying three years locked up in a psycho hotel without exercising - but SeHun was still walking, of course, he had been here for not so long and his legs were still fine. LuHan sat on a rock not too far from the already marked path and hoped SeHun would notice he was exhausted.

 

"Hyung, you're getting old." "Shut up." He said, short of breath.

 

"I can't believe we made it up until now without getting caught." He turned to SeHun. "I can't believe I even got out with you."

 

"Hyung, live a little."

 

"I know... It was stupid to follow you though." He said, before looking away and up. "Very ing stupid."

 

SeHun chuckled and looked away, "you tried to run away before, didn't you?"

 

"I did." He smiled, "but I wasn't persuaded by some fifteen year old."

 

"Yes you were." He looked away.

 

"You were fifteen, or not?"

 

"You're really annoying." He turned to eye SeHun, whose face wasn't as easy to watch as before because of the shadows the trees melted into his skin.

 

"You remind me so much of me when I was younger."

 

"I am you when you were younger." LuHan didn't quite understand what he meant, but half the things SeHun said never made sense, so he wasn't surprised.

 

"I think I've rested enough, we better leave before it gets too late." LuHan said.

 

SeHun nodded and followed him as they walked further into the woods. Minutes now turn into hours and the road seems to be endless, the trees' shadows seem to become heavier in the ground, and the grass was longer and longer. LuHan followed SeHun until they reached a place LuHan didn't remember, and SeHun didn't seem to know much about that place either. LuHan frowned and tried to remember if he ever reached this place when he tried to escape that night three years ago, and yet no memory of that place came to his mind. It was a grass-free area, tall trees surrounding it, but no plants growing inside that area, only around. L

 

uHan is now confused, trying to remember this place, something was familiar, but he didn't know why. "Should we walk further?" SeHun asked, cutting LuHan off his own thoughts.

 

"Yes, if we stay they might find us."

 

"Do you have money?" SeHun asked, now his hand around LuHan's forearm and letting it fall until he reached his wrist. "We can go downtown and reach rural area in a bus."

 

"I was thinking on that." LuHan said, "I have about... 2000 won." 

 

SeHun didn't question LuHan or asked him how he got all that money, he only grabbed LuHan's hand and practically dragged him to the centre of the area, before pulling him down to sit beside him. "Let's stay here for a while." LuHan smiled, as in 'how do you do to know everything I want to do' and rested his head on SeHun's shoulder.

 

"I really like it here. We should build a house here."

 

"They would find us right away though."

 

"Shut up." LuHan smiled.

 

Silence came and the only thing they heard was the sound of the leaves being shaken by the cold wind, and the few birds that wandered around looking for a peaceful place to hide, and that's when LuHan fell on his back, dragging SeHun with him, so that the younger's head would be resting on his chest and his left leg on his left thigh. SeHun's legs were as cold as the wind that blew the leaves off the branches of the trees, despite having his skin covered in his blue jeans. LuHan couldn't help but simply smile weakly as he felt SeHun trying to get as close to him as possible. The warmth -- more like cool -- of SeHun's body against his, and now LuHan was trying not to breath too profound so that his chest wouldn't go up and make SeHun feel uncomfortable. You get the feeling that time stops when you're with someone that heats your blood, and that's exactly what LuHan felt in that moment.

LuHan couldn't even organize his thoughts, he couldn't even think properly, all he wanted to do is drag SeHun's lips into his and kiss him below the moon of October. LuHan now turns his face to SeHun and notices how concentrated the younger is on the moon, "can I kiss you?" He asked; one thing he had always been uncomfortable with was stealing kisses from the younger, ever since that day when they fought over something that happened a few years a go, he promised he'd never steal a kiss from SeHun again. LuHan smiled when SeHun nodded and forced himself up to kiss the elder. LuHan put his hand on SeHun's neck and his skin with his fingers, as the kisses became more intense and tongue was added.

LuHan kept kissing SeHun, slowly, softly, his tongue mixing with the tip of the younger's and sometimes crashing with his bottom lip. The kiss broke and LuHan smiled, noticing how his own cheeks were blushing, since they felt like they were on fire. He his lips and smirked, noticing how SeHun's legs were spread and placed on each side of his hips.

 

"We better go now." He said. LuHan used to be a kid, and that had brought him many problems in the past, and the least that he wanted was SeHun to become a kid -- he was already as stubborn and careless as he was as a fifteen-year-old. SeHun nodded as LuHan spoke and both stood up to follow the path. They walked for a few minutes before they could find somewhere out the woods. LuHan was impressed of how ing huge that place was, because of how long they walked until they finally reached the very end of the woods... ... And the beginning of a new life ...