Cuts.

The Patient.

I might be posting all the chapters today, so expect more! 


 

Chapter 2.

 

The night was going slow and LuHan stared at the door and hoped someone would come and make enough noise for the voices to shut up – and the first face that came to his mind was that boy’s face. The boy with the thick lips and the pale skin.

 

That’s when the sound of the door opening made him flinch and stand up, and the face of another middle age nurse only fed his disappointment. And then another face came in, the boy.

 

Thick lips, perfect nose, milky skin.

 

The woman that came in front of the boy smiled warmly at the straight-faced LuHan, before handing him an envelope and a transparent container with the usual pills – blue and white –

 

LuHan only eyed the woman once; his gaze was concentrated on the milky-skinned boy.

 

The boy walked closer to him and placed his fingers at the bottom of the container, pushing it upwards, reaching LuHan’s mouth and forcing him to swallow them. LuHan would’ve felt threatened if the boy wouldn’t have handed a warm smile to him. It was the first time LuHan had ever seen him smile, and his smile was just priceless.

 

LuHan’s eyed were focused on his face, and his senses went sharper when the boy’s mouth opened. Deep, raspy, nice voice – a cute lisp that made LuHan feel warm inside –

 

“Pills do good.”

 

LuHan was speechless.

 

“To the brain.” The boy smiled. “They do good.”

 

LuHan looked at him, still shocked, straight-faced and speechless.

 

“They taste like crap, too.”

 

LuHan finally felt ready enough to mouth a word. “You’ve had them?”

 

“I had two just now.”

 

LuHan nodded, confirming the boy was a patient, and that he was probably living the same hell as him.

 

“I’m Lu–”

 

“Lu Han. I know.” He smiled once more.

 

LuHan nodded once again.

 

“You hear voices.”

 

LuHan furrowed his brow and looked around, before he nervously scratched the back of his neck and his lips. “How do you know?”

 

“I know everything about you.”

 

“H- how?”

 

“I just know.” He smiled.

 

LuHan wasn’t sure how to react; who is he? Why does he know everything? Was he stalking him?

 

“I’ll leave you alone now.” The woman said, as she gave out a smile and walked out.

 

LuHan followed the figure with his eyes as she walked out of the room, and then turned to the boy when he heard the door close. He went silent for a moment before speaking again. “What’s your name?”

 

He smiled and looked away, before smiling back at LuHan. “My name is SeHun.”

 

“SeHun.”

 

Thick lips, perfect nose, milky skin. SeHun.

 

-

 

SeHun had come over for two nights straight and the room now seemed empty at night, and he was waiting for the door to open and the boy with thick lips to come in.

 

By the time he gave up waiting, the clock ticked at eleven, and he walked towards the bathroom to take a shower.

 

The hairs on the back of his neck stood up when he saw the boy standing in front of the mirror, fixing his hair, and smiling as he saw LuHan in the reflection.

 

LuHan’s eye lashes went up and down involuntarily and his fingers started trembling, he could feel it outside his thin-silk pants. “How long have you been there?”

 

“I came when you weren’t here.” The boy said, eyes on the mirror as he ran some fingers through his hair and then turned around, eyeing LuHan from head to toe.

 

LuHan wasn’t sure why but he had an odd feeling on his throat.

 

“Are you stalking me?”

 

The boy gave him a weak, seductive smile. “Yes.”

 

“Go away or else I’ll call the nurses.”

 

SeHun smirked again, and walked up to LuHan, looking him in the eye and provoking shivers down his spine.

 

He slowly drove his hand and moved LuHan’s fringe off his face. LuHan leaned back, slightly, clumsily, as he felt SeHun’s dead-cold fingers on his skin. SeHun looked at him in the eye, before giving him a playful smile. LuHan eyed him, as the boy stepped backwards, giving him some space.

 

“Do you like brain teasers?” He asked.

 

LuHan frowned and nodded, only asking himself why he hasn’t beaten the out of this boy yet.

 

“What does a unicorn have in common with Oh SeHun?”

 

“Oh SeHun?”

 

The boy nodded before letting a warm smile leave his thick lips and walking forward stopping when he reached LuHan’s side. “I’ll give you a year.”

 

Thick lips, perfect nose, milky skin. Unicorn. Oh SeHun.

 

-

 

“Lu, you’ve got a visit.”

 

LuHan arched his eyebrows and sat on the edge of the bed, looking at his legs hanging and then at the door as it opened.

 

LuHan remembered him, it had been a while. The boy smiled at him and warmed him up inside; he had grown a lot, and puberty was good with him.

 

“Lu Han.” The boy smiled.

 

LuHan smiled at him and leaned his head slightly, before moving aside to make room to the visitor.

 

“How are you feeling?”

 

LuHan waited in silence for a moment before saying a word. “You’ve grown.” He smiled, avoiding answering the question, praying the boy wouldn’t notice. “You’re blonde.”

 

The boy smirked and then became serious. “Your hair is blonde too.”

 

“We tried to rebel against my parents.”

 

The boy frowned when he hear the ‘we’, and as he tried to process it, he felt nothing but sadness and empathy for the boy. “Are you having your medicine?”

 

“I’ve had to swallow lots of pills lately, Diuzhang.”

 

The boy chuckled. “It’s Kris now.”

 

“Kris?” LuHan smiled. “It fits you.”

 

A minute or two passed as LuHan’s thoughts were being covered by voices, whispering dirt thoughts again, thoughts about the visitor, insisting on doing things to him. LuHan hurried to speak and block the voices, “how was China?”

 

“It hasn’t changed.” He said.

 

LuHan noticed Kris was eyeing something – his arm. He quickly pressed it against his rib area, and Kris noticed something was wrong. “What is that?”

 

LuHan faked a smile and shook his head.

 

Kris’s expressions became serious, as he stretched his hand to grab LuHan’s wrist and eye his arm, going through the long, red lines and widening his eyes in shock. “What is this?” LuHan shrug Kris’s hand off and rubbed his wrist, shaking his head and looking away. He felt his ears burning, and supposed they were now flushing a shade of red. “Lu Han, what is this?”

 

LuHan was trying to avoid Kris’s gaze at any cost. He looked at the floor, roof, everywhere, and tried to block out his own thoughts, and the voices were now taking over, now his flesh burning and his hands shaking.

 

Kris placed his hand on LuHan’s neck, and drove their foreheads close. “Get yourself together, moron.”

 

LuHan looked at Kris in the eye, and then eyed the door.

 

Thick lips, perfect nose, milky skin.

 

He was looking at him, more like, glaring at him. Eyes on fire, sending electricity that shocked LuHan’s system, the bad messages that his eyes , and the way his chest bobbed up and down as his breath became stronger.

 

LuHan leaned back, his hand placed on Kris’s chest, pushing him further back.

 

“Are you okay?”

 

“I- I’m fine.” He faked a smile.

 

Kris turned his head to look at the door and then at LuHan. “A person?”

 

“You see him?”

 

Kris looked back and then at LuHan, and nodded.

 

LuHan kept himself silent and looked at SeHun before looking back at Kris. “He’s gone now.”

 

Kris nodded and smiled. “I’ll be visiting a lot next week. I’m leaving next Thursday.” He placed his hand on LuHan’s neck and drove him closer, before pressing his lips on LuHan’s forehead. “Don’t do anything stupid.”

 

LuHan nodded and smiled weakly, before following the tall boy’s figure with his eyes as he walked out. He threw himself back, his head buried on the pillow as he led out a profound exhale.

 

His eyes were dragged into a beautiful butterfly which’s wings were batting up and down, beautiful brown and blue wings. His eyes followed the butterfly as it flew across the room, lifting his upper body and then flinching back in shock when he was SeHun sitting in front of him. Thick lips, perfect nose, milky skin, eyes now on him; a serious expression now facing the boy.

 

“You…” LuHan said. “When did you arrive?”

 

“I never left.”

 

LuHan glanced at him, and then at the hall, his thoughts still on the beautiful butterfly he had seen before.

 

“Who was that?”

 

“A friend.”

 

Silence.

 

-

 

November days were colder than before, and maybe that’s why the voices weren’t that constant anymore. He would hear soft, weak whispers, but no hard yells. He had no urges to cut, and he didn’t feel a bit of disgust when he looked at himself in the mirror.

 

“Healing.”

 

“What?”

 

“You and unicorns. You both heal.”

 

SeHun looked at him, running his fingers in circles on the cold floor. LuHan smiled and held his hand, stopping the round movements. “Ever since you came here that day, I’m much better.”

 

SeHun smiled and turned his hand, holding LuHan’s wrist and lifting his slightly so LuHan would know he had to hold it. He gave him a warm smile, soft given on the other boy’s wrist, tickling his skin. Contact; soft skin, dead cold fingers, warm smiled, widened eyes. SeHun leaned forward and LuHan instinctively closed his eyes, but his expectations were wronged when the boy whispered soft words on his ear. “But you’re wrong.”

 

LuHan frowned and looked down.

 

“Don’t worry, Lu hyung, you still have ten months left; I gave you twelve, remember?” he smiled, “twelve months counting since the day we first saw each other.”

 

“Two months have passed already?”

 

Yes, two months had passed already, exactly two months since the day he first saw him; that day in the hallway, the first time he wrote the details down on his mind,

 

thick lips, perfect nose, milky skin.

 

LuHan wasn’t sure why, but it seemed only days, not months; about two days, not two months, and now SeHun became part of his life. He would always come to his room to talk, and sometimes they wouldn’t even talk, they would just sit on the floor and enjoy the silence, especially LuHan, because even with all the silence, the voices seemed to stop once SeHun came. At this moment, LuHan wasn’t sure what SeHun was for him; he was a healer, a saviour, and LuHan wanted to go to the end of the world with him.

 

“Let’s leave hyung.”

 

LuHan looked up at him and smiled, “What are you saying?”

 

“I know the whole hospital, and I know where we can go.”

 

LuHan didn’t understand; yes, the outer world must be beautiful right now, and the colours white and blue were draining him – pills and walls –, and leaving the place with SeHun seemed like the perfect adventure, but he was still considering how he was getting better, how will he get the drugs? How will SeHun manage to control him when he breaks down? What if the voices come back and he has no way to shut them up? Just what if. What ifs were all that went through his brain right now.

 

“Why?”

 

“We don’t belong here.”

 

“I’m getting better her.”

 

“That’s why we don’t belong anymore.” He smiled.

 

LuHan frowned and then smiled, before changing the topic hurriedly, now trying to talk about the many trains he had rode, all the people he had met, and his dream of becoming a singer once he was older; LuHan felt peace in SeHun’s empty eyes, and he was now letting everything that was tired on his chest flow, like a scandalous river in a November night. LuHan wasn’t even certain if SeHun was really listening to him, but he kept speaking, because letting everything out was good for him, and all the locked up feelings were now released and the pressure was lessened – and all thanks to SeHun.

 

-

 

November was gone with no rocks on the path, and mid December was glorious. LuHan’s parents came over and gave him lots of gifts, and even though he knew he would probably rip them up a in a few months when everything got worst, he accepted them with sincere happiness.

 

SeHun didn’t appear anywhere close that day and LuHan guessed it was because he was spending Christmas with his family, too. And the nights left of December were lonely and boring, SeHun wasn’t around anymore, and whispers became stronger, stronger, stronger… Stronger.

 

-

 

On the second night of January, LuHan woke up in the middle of the night. He couldn’t see anything, but he did feel a heavy weight on top of him, and rbeaths taken somewhere near his face. “What is this?”

 

“LuHan hyung, it’s me.”

 

LuHan frowned and involuntarily placed his sleepy hand on SeHun’s waist, making him ‘fall’ closer to his chest. “What are you doing?” LuHan said.

 

“What do you mean?” SeHun said, “You just pushed me.”

 

LuHan frowned and leaned his head back into the pillow; he was too tired to argue and whatever moves he was doing, he wasn’t doing them on purpose, his body was still somehow asleep and he didn’t have full control of whatever he was doing; that pretty much explained his hand wrapped tight around SeHun’s small figure.

 

“LuHan hyung, you’re really cold.”

 

LuHan smiled, weakly, softly and pressed his eyes shut.

 

In those few seconds between deep dreaming and deep sleep, he could feel SeHun arranging himself on a much more comfortable position, - his right leg resting on LuHan’s left thigh and his left leg resting on the little space that was left between LuHan’s legs – and then placing his hand on LuHan’s chest, before whispering the soft words “Goodnight hyung” and then he felt, not deep sleep anymore, but deep dreaming.

 

When he woke up, SeHun wasn’t there anymore, and he felt disappointed, though he didn’t know why.