24. || TWENTY-FOUR

The Newlyweds (New Update is here ^^)
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

“Lauren, it's time to wake up" Riley whispered while she sat herself down on your bed end, but you didn't seem to hear nor respond to your wake-up call. "Lauren?!" she attempted one more time, but this time you heard and moved slowly stretching yourself trying to open your eyes. You weren't sure how much you slept, but you felt as if you hadn't slept in weeks. "Good morning!" Riley cheered happy enough to wake you up on a beautiful sunny day like this. "Why is it so early?" you moaned stretching yourself one more time while you rolled yourself on your back. "Because you my dear, will get married today" she reminded you. As if you needed to hear these words to assure yourself you weren't living in some kind of bubble, you woke up a little faster and sat up straight becoming nervous just thinking of how today was going to be like. Will it be what you imagined all this time since you were a little girl? "Relax, everything is going to be just fine" Riley assured you. Just when your eyes were open enough to get out of bed, you felt the morning sickness finding it's way to up again. You threw off your blankets and rushed into the bathroom to throw up in the end. Riley looked a little disgusted yet worried "Iew, are you okay?" You took the glass from the sink and filled it with water twice just to get rid of the sour vomit taste in your mouth after you flushed the toilet and stumbled back into the bathroom. "I'm fine, don't worry. It just comes with the territory of being pregnant" you assured your cousin. Riley still had a disgusted look on her face "Is it like this every morning?" You nodded "Yea unfortunately so far it has and sometimes more than once. But hey, I get it all for free" you murmured taking your robe. "I see. Well blondie, let's go downstairs and have some breakfast. You need to eat something. It will be a long day" Riley insisted as she carefully pushed you out of the bedroom downstairs into the kitchen.


"Ugh, how can you guys eat?" you pouted rubbing your hand over your tummy. "The smell of the toast is making me more nauseous than I already was". "Well good morning to you too" Chloe shrugged sitting down at the kitchen table ready to eat her toast. "Well nauseous or not, you really have to eat something" Shoshanna insisted. You shook your head "No I don't. I really genuinely can't think of food right now. It's 5.30 in the morning. How am I supposed to eat this when I am ready to throw up again?" you made a point waving around with a random toast on your plate. Chloe on the other hand who was trying to eat her toast was no longer craving for it and put it back down. "Gee thanks, I just lost my appetite". You looked at your best friend next to you "I'm sorry, but I am just not feeling it to take a second trip to the bathroom" you defended yourself however you felt sorry for Chloe that she was no longer eating because of you. "Well just for the record, we promised your husband to be we would look after you and made sure you were going to eat something, so you will" Chloe insisted. You shook your head "I will just make a smoothie instead, it's a lot easier on my stomach" "Sure, if that is what fills up your tummy" Shoshanna shrugged "But promise you will eat very well later today?". You nodded "Yea yea I will" you smiled walking into the kitchen to make yourself a healthy smoothie with oranges, banana, strawberries and pineapple and joined your friends while they were eating their toasts and cereal. Just when you finished your fresh homemade smoothie, you were sent upstairs to take a bath and relax yourself. You decided to just listen to your best friends. "You go there and enjoy your bath and don't come back earlier than thirty minutes alright?" Shoshanna demanded. "Today is your day and you will get pampered so enjoy every little second of it okay?" Riley smiled at you. You just smiled at your friends knowing they were trying to do everything to make you as comfortable as possible not to stress yourself out. "I won't come back before that" you shrugged and did as told and locked yourself in the bathroom to take a nice and long warm bath.


In the meantime in the SHINee dorm Jonghyun was about to receive a wake-up visit from his best friend and best man Key. "Jonghyun-nie" Key started not too loud hoping it would wake up his sleepy hyung, but no single signal of life or movement. "Jonghyun-ah" Key attempted again with a raised voice but not even that was making a difference. Just because Jonghyun is a little hard to wake up when he is fast asleep, Key needed to come up with a better plan and went for another approach instead. Key walked to his bed end and noticed his feet sticking out of the blankets and tickled his feet. Jonghyun pulled his feet back under the blankets as a response and pulled the blanket over his head. "Yah, lazybones, get up!" Key shouted this time while he pulled the blankets away from Jonghyun. "What are you" Jonghyun whimpered with a sleepy morning voice giving his best man a strange glare wondering what he was doing in the SHINee dorm instead of his own bed and home. "It's time for you to get up" Key simply answered. "And don't argue with me". "What time is it?" Jonghyun whispered with a sleepy looking face looking at Key. "Early enough for you to get ready. You're getting married today. You didn't forget did you?" Key reminded the sleepy dino. Just as if he needed to hear he sat up straight running his hands through his hair with a smile on his face "Of course I didn't forget. I just didn't expect to be awaken this early" he yawned. "Breakfast is waiting, so are you coming or what?" Jonghyun followed Key into the kitchen still running his hands through his messy hairdo sitting down at the table. "You nervous already?" Onew asked out of curiosity ready to join for breakfast. "A little bit, but I am not really realizing it that much just yet" Jonghyun confessed. "It's so crazy and yet so amazing to know you're getting married today" Taemin smiled taking a sip from his banana milk. "You know that everything will change once you're married right?" Minho reminded his band mate preparing his coffee. Jonghyun just gave them a confused look "What do you mean by that? The only thing that changes for me is a wedding license and a ring around my finger".


Minho shook his head "What I was saying is that you will have to work to keep the roof above your family's head. You'll be the man in the house". Jonghyun shrugged "That's something I amend to do no matter if I am married or not" and took a sip from his coffee "All I know is that I want to spend the rest of my life with her, make her happy, give her what she deserves, have a family and love her every day". "That is so cute" Taemin squealed "Hyung really is in love". "Of course he is" Minho pointed out the obvious. "You won't marry someone you don't love, not if you want to do it right". "I always thought Onew hyung would be the first to leave and get married" Taemin confessed. "Why me?" Onew asked surprised with big eyes nearly choking on his milk "I don't even have a girlfriend. That statement doesn't make any sense". Taemin raised his shoulders "I always thought that because you're the oldest and the leader, but Jonghyun hyung beat you to it". "What about Riley?" Jonghyun started to change the subject and looked at his leader. "What about her?" Onew answered dumbfounded. Jonghyun smirked shifting in his chair "You like her now don't you?" "Of course I do, but she lives too far away. New York is not exactly next door" Onew confessed with a sigh. "Well distance doesn't have to ruin it for you. If you really like her just go for it. Ask her out." Jonghyun suggested. Onew shook his head "I don't know about that. I like her a lot and everything, but a distance relationship won't work". "How do you know that? Lauren and I found a way to be together right?" Jonghyun reminded his leader. "It's different with you two. You two have been together for three years. She left her life behind in New York to be with you because she loves you and wants to be with you. How will it be the same? You two were meant to be together" Onew added. "Look, if you have the hots for her you won't know where it goes unless you try to find out if the feelings are mutual. You might be surprised after all" Jonghyun convinced his hyung. "Maybe" Onew gave in "I will find the courage to ask her out". "Good" Jonghyun smiled finishing his coffee. When everyone finished their breakfast all the boys took their showers one by one preparing themselves to leave for church where they would be groomed and styled into handsome looking men ready for a beautiful wedding. "You ready to leave?" Key asked looking at his best friend who started to show off that he was nervous. "You have the rings?" Jonghyun panicked. "Of course I have the rings" Key shrugged shaking his head "Do you really think I would forget your rings? Lauren would kill me alive". "I would probably too" Jonghyun added "I just wanted to make sure you did". "Geeh thanks so much for trusting me as your best man" Key smirked sarcastically closing the door behind him after everyone made it into Onew's vehicle.


As soon as the fab five arrived at the church and headed to one of the back rooms where they had to get dressed and where they were stylish, Key got distracted as he saw Chloe walking around. "Hyung, are you coming?" Taemin yelled at Key who stopped in his tracks. I'll be right there" Key gestured with his hands shouting back at the maknae and carefully made his way to Chloe to give her a heart attack. Sneaky as he was, he approached her from behind covering her eyes. "Who's this?" Chloe carefully asked not knowing it was the diva himself behind her. Key didn't say anything and just removed his hands from her eyes and cocked his head with a big smile on his face kissing her cheek. "Yah!" Chloe murmured trying to be angry hitting his chest "You gave me a heart attack you idiot!" "Ouch!" Key whimpered rubbing his hand over the aching spot "So much love in the morning" and managed to give Chloe another kiss on her cheek what was causing her to giggle and made her straight face disappear. "You enjoy this don't you?" Chloe chuckled. "I do" Key smiled wrapping his arms around her "What are you doing here so early?" Chloe sighed "I am just checking to make sure the church will look exactly the way I was planning it to be". Key nodded "Okay, do you need help?" Chloe shook her head "Well I do actually, but don't you have to help Jonghyun out?" Key shook his head with a smile on his face "Nah! Do you know how hard it was to get him up? He will manage. We can't get all groomed at the same time anyways, so I am free to help if you need any". "Okay" Chloe smiled "Can you hold this for a second?" and she pressed her checklist in Key's hands "I need to make a quick call" and walked away for a second to check how you were doing at the house making sure everything was going according to pl

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter