Let it go

Can't let go

Yoona walked up the stairs and gathered courage. She knocked on Yuri's door. "Unnie, someone is here to see you."

"Who is it?" Yuri answered from inside the room.

"I don't know." 

"Well, tell them to come another time, Yoong. I'm not in the mood to talk to anyone."

"I told them that already but they insisted that it's something very important." Yoona shrugged. 

If you listen carefully you could hear Yuri groan before she opened her door.  "This better be something that's worth my nerves." Yuri mumbled and went downstairs to get the door with Yoona who was following her. Just as the door cracked open, the tanned girl was shoved outside. She stumbled. The door then closed behind her swiftly and was locked with a click. 

Surprised, Yuri looked up to see the guest outside her house was Jessica. Her eyes widened and she aish-ed. She turned around and slammed her hand on the door. "YOONA!! OPEN THE DOOR!" She yelled. "WHY DID YOU TRICK ME, YOU DUMB ." She kicked the door and punched it. 

"Yuri-ah, talk to me!" Jessica wrapped her arms around the other girl's waist and hugged her from behind. That seemed to calm Yuri down. Still, she was not in a good mood. 

"What do you want? Huh?" Yuri turned around and snapped, taking Jessica's hands off of her.

"I-... Yuri. Why are you acting like this?!" Jessica felt like she was on the verge of tears. 

"Acting like what?" Yuri raised her brows.

"Why are you so mean! So different from that night when you said-" Jessica couldn't finish her sentence and started crying. Tears streaming down her face as she cried. Yuri's tension softened. She swallowed, looking at the other girl hesitantly. "You said... y-you said you wished there was something you could do to... to f-fix it. To make me happy again!" With that, Jessica cried even harder, so hard that she had to wipe her tears away, one after another. 

Yuri pressed her lips together. That's right. She thought. I said that. What's wrong with me... I'm making her cry. She's not happy... It's not supposed to be like this... She sighed and got all sad seeing Jessica cry. She never saw the girl sobbing so hard since they knew each other, not even when the blonde girl cried over Donghae. Yuri took a breath and pulled the other girl into her arms, hugging her tight. "Is there really something I could do?" She whisered, gently rubbing Jessica's back. The girl gripped on Yuri's shirt and hugged her back tighter. She buried her face in Yuri's shoulder and cried some more before calming down eventually. 

"W-will you give me a chance?" Jessica asked, looking up at the taller girl with her half dried, half teary eyes. 

"A chance?" Yuri took another deep breath and raised her brows. 

Jessica nodded.. "A chance, to return your feelings." She looked deep into Yuri's eyes with her soft ones. "Ever since I knew about the existence of your feelings for me, Yul, I haven't been able to stop thinking about it, or about you. What if... what if it was all wrong. And that, that you and I.... what if we should have been together at the first place..." 

Yuri felt become so dry it hurt. Her heart was pounding to loudly it echoed in her ears. It felt like a dream. Something Yuri never thought she would hear from Jessica, was just spoken, so clearly, by thhe girl herself. Yes. This is it. It's my turn, finaly. She smiled. Her smiled didn't make it all the way to happiness as she stopped smiling, remembering Donghhae.

"What about ...Donghae?" She asked. 

Jessica looked down upon hearing his name. She frowned and made up her mind at that instant. "Donghae... I'm letting him go. From now on, he's gone, no longer in my heart, or in my dreams. From now on, it will be you, Yuri." She reached for Yuri's hands and held them in hers. "If you would give me a chance, to see if we could work out." 

"....okay." 

The blonde girl looked up, staring at Yuri's face for a while, not believing what she just heard. "R-really...?" 

Yuri chuckled at Jessica's reaction. She smiled.

"Oh Yuri! Thank you!" Jessica threw her arms around Yuri's neck and squished her. "Yuri! I'm so happy! I promise I will be good to you, Yuri. I won't let this opportunity go to waste!" 

"Silly. You always know how to mess up my feelings." Yuri hugged back so tight that she lifted the shorter girl a few inches off the ground.  

 

------------

 

 

The next morning, Yuri woke up in her bed, feeling like her brain was washed paused. 

Hmm......??

Her mind was blanked, but there was this europhic feeling. It felt as if she was going to win 10 million dollars today or as if she was going on a vacation to somewhere like Disneyland. Yuri stirred under her blanket sleepily, smiling internally at the feeling. She felt happy. Very happy. Something great happened, and that great thing is going to happen again today... She couldn't remember what the thing was and was very curious. Laying there, she went through her list of things that could possibly be so great... food? Yuri thought of the food she should make for the day. She felt like some spicy seafood... Or maybe she'll go to the gym and have a good time working out. 

But it just didn't seem right. The options that she went through in her head didn't click. They didn't make her go 'Ohhhh so that's what I'm looking forward to'. No. She still felt like she didn't remember what that great thing was.

Then she spent another ten minutes thinking blankly, i.e. she kept asking herself what the thing was and not actually thought of any possible answer. And then finally, she remembered, that it was Jessica.

Her eyes widened and she gasped mentally, maybe also taking a deeper breath than normal. Oh m God. Is it real?? Yes I can recall what happened last night... but did it really happen?? Or did I just dream it?? Yuri thought and got up from her bed. This is almost too good to be true... I must ask Yoona... Then she went to quickly brush her teeth and change her clothes before going downstairs to see her sister.

"Morning unnie!" Yoona turned her head from the breakfast she was making and greeted Yuri. "How's your sleep? Any sweet dream about Jessica unnie?" 

"Jessica? Why?" Yuri aksed.

"No? I thought she managed to make up with you last night." Yoona pulled a confused face and focused on the pancakes.

So it did happened?? Yuri started to feel more and more nervous. "Really? How did you know?"

"Ehhh. I don't know? But since I had to lie to you and went through all that troubles, I expected that at least she got something out of it. I guess it didn't work then..." Yoona carefully glanced at her older sister. "But it's okay! I mean, she promised me that she ain't gonna bother you again if she fails. And apparently she did, so yeah." 

"She said that?"

"Yes she had to agree to that condition or else I wouldn't let her see you... hey! Why do you keep asking questions? Don't you remember anything?"

"N-No! I mean, yes! I do remember! You just didn't tell me those details."

"Wait. So did it work out or not, unnie?" Yoona placed the panckaes onto her plate and shot Yuri a confused look.

Right that moment, Yuri's phone beeped. She checked it and the text message read: "Come and have breakfast with me? - J" 

"Actually, don't cook for me Yoong. I'm going out for breakfast." Yuri grinned and went back upstairs to collect her personal stuffs. 

"What? Where are you gonig?" Yoona yelled so that her sister could hear.

"I'm going to see Jessica." Yuri yelled back from her rom.

"Oh!" Yoona blinked, and then when she understood, she smiled satisfactorily. "I guess it did work then! Good for them!" She put extra butter on her panckaes and went to nom on them happily. 

 

A/N: Hey guys! Thanks for checking this chapter out and thanks for sticking with this fic :) I'm very happy to know that you guys like it. I'll try harder to update more frequently. Just a tip: the more comments the more motivated I am to update =))