Distance kept...?

Can't let go

A/N: HELLOOO. Sorry for taking up so long to update. I've got exams .___. and my final exams are in late June so I'll try to write more before exams come but JUST SAYING that if I dont update between now and late June then see you in mid July! Please don't leave me LOL <3

 

-----------------

 

Yuri went into the restaurant and found Jessica waiting for her at a table by the window. It was raining outside. The droplets on the window twinkled and gave the blondie a shiny background, making her more beautiful than ever.

"Good evening! Are you here by yourself or do you have friends coming with you?" A waitress kindly asked.

"I've got a friend here waiting for me, thank you." Yuri said, pointing at Jessica.

"Oh fantastic! Please come on over." The waitress smiled and led Yuri to the table by the window.

"Hello." Yuri nodded briefly at Jessica as she sat down in front of the girl. 

"Heyyy Yul! You're here!" The blond girl grinned brightly and pulled her chair closer to the table. 

"I'm just gonna let you decide on what to order and I'll come back later. alright?" The waitress bowed politely and went off.

"Hey soooo how are you?" Jessica smiled, looking all excited.

"Not too bad, thank you." Yuri flipped over the menu slowly, gluing her eyes onto it. "How about you?"

"I'm good. Is there something you want to eat? You can order anything you want, okay? My treat."

"Oh, okay. Sure thing. Thank you."

Jessica felt a bit off. She knew Yuri wasn't a very talkative person but even so, her short-talking is not making the mood. The smile on her face is fading and she edned up just reading the menu like what Yuri was doing.

After ordering everything, they sat back and sipped on their drinks, not saying a word. Jessica found it awkward whereas Yuri was all okay by herself. The last thing she wanted was talking to Jessica. Yuri planned on leading the dinner quietly and peacefully so that Jessica got to "pay Yuri back", so that they have nothing else to do with each other.

"It's cold today, ne?" Jessica rubbed her palm and fingers on her cup of hot tea. "And rainy, too."

"Yeah." Yuri just nodded.

"Yep." 

SO FREAKING AWKWARD. The poor girl thought. Why is she acting like this?? Did she have a bad week or something omg should I ask her or is it a private matter that would make me sound rude what do I do now good lord.

Yuri saw the blonde girl having her mental conversation and couldn't help chuckling. Maybe I'm being a bit too much. Yuri thought and decided to talk.

"How are you going to go home? It's raining right."

"Eh? Oh. Um..." Jessica looked out the window, pouting and sighing. "I don't know. I guess I'll just have to wait until it stops raining then walk back to my apartment."

"You didn't drive here?"

"Nope. It wasn't too far away so I thought I'd just walk here. I don't know. I was feeling like it was troublesome going down the basement to get the car and then find a parking lot and everything. I guess it was a bad idea. Tsk." 

"I'll give you a lift back home." Yuri shrugged.

"Really?? Thank you!!" Jessica grinned. "Aw yeah. Kekeke"

"No worries." Yuri smiled but her smile disappeared quickly. OH SNAP. Did I just give her reason to pay me back more??? I HOPE NOT.  

"I'll pay you back! You can come up my apartment for a coffee or hot chocolate if you want!"

OH NO YOU WOMAN. AM I NOT GIVING YOU ENOUGH AWKWARDNESS WHY ARE YOU ASKING FOR MORE!!

 

-----------

 

 

Sooyoung's room

 

Sooyoung had sweat running down her neck. Her hand was slightly shaking as she stared intensely at her phone. SHE WAS REALLY NERVOUS.

To call or not to call? TO CALL OR NOT TO CALL?? WHAT AM I GOING TO SAY ANYWAY??! The tall girl tightened the hold on her Galaxy S3, trying to stop her hand from shaking. She threw herself on the bed and rolled around, burying her face in the blanket. WHAT DO I DOOOOO The tall girl stayed there for a while, breathing hard against the puffy blanket until it ran out of oxygen. She sat up, catching breath. 

OK. She had made up her mind. Or made up a brilliant excuse for herself. She took her phone and stared at it again, gathering courage. Right. This is not gonna kill anyone. At least not me. And she tapped on the touch screen.

"Hello?" A sweet voice came out from Sooyoung's S3.

"Heyy Sunny. Um, I'm just wondering if you could help me with this homework..."

 

 

---------------

 

 

After YulSic's awkward dinner

 

"Thanks for the meal." 

"No problem at all! Thanks for driving me home that day."

The two girls walked out of the restaurant. They hurried over to Yuri's car and quickly got in. 

"So cold." Jessica whispered. She fastened her seatbelt and breathed into her hands. Yuri started the car and drove off onto the street to Jessica's apartment. 

"You're cold?" Yuri pulled out some tissues and gave it to her friend. "Here. Dry yourself. Get more if you need more." She the AC and warmed up the car. 

"Thank you so much." Jessica said and wiped her face. "Lucky it's not raining too heavily or else we'd be drenched." 

"Yeah you're right." 

"You're wet too. Look at you."

"I'm alright." 

"Here let my dry you." Jessica pulled out some more tissues and reached for Yuri's face.

"No. I said I'm ok."  Yuri moved aside, staying away from the tissues.

"But you're gonna be cold!" 

"I'm fine with it. You don't have to worry."

"Just let me do it!" Jessica shoved the tissues on Yuri's cheek and wiped it quickly. Silence filled the car since then. They could hear the traffic and their own breathing. It didn't take long to arrive at Jessica's apartment. 

"Go park in the basement." The blonde girl said as they were getting near the apartment building.

"No need. I'm going home." Yuri said promptly. She parked on the street in front of the building entrance and turned to look at Jessica. "So. Thank you for tonight. I really enjoyed my dinner." 

To her surprise, Jessica's eyes were all teary. The girl looked like she was in deep sadness. And that was when Yuri realised that she made a mistake. She was being too ignorant. She went too far.

"Hey... what's wrong?" Yuri softened her voice. 

"What's wrong?? Why don't you ask yourself that? What's WRONG with you?" Jessica burst into tears.

Yuri leaned over and wiped the other girl's tears. She felt guilty. She would never want Jessica to cry out of sadness, and yet she made the girl sad. 

"Nobody ever wants to stay with me. All that people do is trying to get rid of me, getting as far away from me as possible." She said bitterly, more tears streaming down her cheeks. It broke Yuri's heart. In a blink of an eye, the walls that she built to protect herself collasped. Who cares about how broken, how lonely and depressed she had been? Who cares about how more broken and sad she will be if she let Jessica come any closer to her heart? Who cares about her own good when the love of her life is crying in distress in front of her..

"I didn't mean it that way, I-"

"Just go home already." Jessica said and got out of the car. Yuri went after her just as quick. She couldn't just let Jessica go like that. She needed to make sure the girl was going to be okay. 

"Hey. Calm down. I'll come up with you." Yuri pulled and hugged Jessica from behind. "I'm sorry."

The shorter girl tried to peel Yuri's arms off her waist. "Doesn't matter. You can just go home."

"Shhh. Go inside and wait for me in the lobby, alright? I'll park in the basement." Yuri went back to her car and drove down to the parking area before Jessica could protest.