That Little Gesture

Touched by An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

As the morning went by, Hana did not see him again. She began to breathe more easily, and her eyes stopped darting up and down the halls. English class was fine; in fact it was fun with Kimmy. Calculus was boring but Hana really liked her calc teacher a lot.

She caught up with Kimmy during lunch and now finally, the last class for the day – PE.

“I’ll be going to the pool. See you right after school?”

“Yeah. Have fun, Kimmy.” Hana waved her off and she walked to her own PE class. Most of the second years took the easiest and the most relaxed sport – which was skipping. Those were the slackers and the bound to fail people. Hana talked to them and persuaded them a lot. But she was lucky she didn’t get knifed by them. They will never listen to her. But still, at least they attend their usual classes now. That’s an achievement.

She wonders who’ll attend Judo with her…

Hana stepped into the Judo hall, weary and glad that this was the last class of the day.

Then she froze.

He stood in the corner of the small little Judo hall, tracing his finger over something sharp. A dagger. Hana gasped. Nobody seemed to notice him swinging his dagger around and stabbing the air. Isn’t weapons prohibited in school…? The other classmates were busy doing their own stuff. He frowned, and then raised his dark brown hair. His eyes flashed into Hana’s.

Hana’s nerves sparked and flared. Hana should’ve prepared for this. She should’ve known that he will be in a class with this boy mixed with the second and third years. She didn’t see him in any second year classes so was he in his third year here? Then why didn’t she notice him last year?

If she had prepared, maybe she wouldn’t have been so easily snared by the intensity of his gaze.

Then his eyes skipped away. His expression cooled. But flickers of murderous intent still lingered in his eyes. She tried to look for the dagger but it had already disappeared from his hands.

Before Hana could even go up to him and asked him what was wrong, she was swept by the surprised people in the Judo room, asking why such a petite girl was in the room. Luckily, she was saved by the bell. She apologized to her classmates and scooted away from them. One of the Judo instructor’s assistant came in and told them to distribute the plastic chairs for them to sit. Hana went along to help.

 

Her mind wasn’t concentrating at what her Judo instructor, Kuro Sensei whom is Japanese, was talking about. She couldn’t even keep up with his accent. She tried hard not to turn her head behind for she knew that he was watching her, like he’s drilling holes behind her back.

Kuro Sensei instructed them to introduce themselves.

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter