Shattered Hopes

Touched by An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Master Chanyeol…please, I beg you to at least let my humble wife go…please.” The man kneeled on the ground, torn and tattered, cried out. His wife wrapped her arms around him and gave a silent cry too. The sound itched Chanyeol’s ear. And yes, he was referring to the higher ups that was just seating beside him, mumbling and laughing at other people’s demise.

Chanyeol wanted to run away from this hellhole. This was his fifth time getting soft hearted over killing somebody. He wasn’t meant to feel this way, never. He was not supposed to. When he was only 3, he learnt how to wield a knife and kill rats, sometimes rabbits. At 6, he was learning how to master basic sword fighting.

All the self-defense skills, he’d learnt it all. Be it Judo or Taekwondo, he’d mastered every single skill. His body was built to kill. That was what his tyrant father used to say. And one day, you’ll appreciate all of these.

And today was another test for Chanyeol. There was a rumor going around the mafia gang that Chanyeol was getting weak. Not weak in terms of physical, but weak in terms of heart. To fix back his heart, his father purposely framed two innocent couple for stealing Chanyeol’s precious sword and was put to interrogation. If he’d actually shows signs of frailness in front of the higher-ups, he’ll be killed.

Beside him, Baekhyun, his second-in-command passed him a tiny paper through his hand while the higher ups were discussing. Discreetly, he unfolded it and read Baekhyun’s message.

 

Don’t die

 

He fold it back and slipped it into his pocket just when the higher ups were done with their useless discussion. There isn’t a need to discuss something like this. In the end both of them will die, too.

“We have decided to eliminate them, young master. What is your final decision?” one of the old man said. All three of the higher ups looked at him expectantly. He drew a breath and clenched his fist.

“Kill them. They are a bunch of nuisance.” Chanyeol nudged his finger to the two of them and one of his underlings unsheathed his sword, immediately storming towards them. Chanyeol stood up and brushed his jeans, leaving h

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter