Impending Storm

Touched by An Angel
Please Subscribe to read the full chapter

 

“Hana unnie!!! Help! Emergency!” a little girl came scuttling down the stairs and crashed into Hana’s arms. Hana laughed and patted her head.

“What’s wrong, Eun Soo-ah?” she asked.

“Unnie! Will you help me tie my hair? I want to tie my hair into a ponytail like yours!” he pulled away from Hana and showed Hana her pink hair band.

“So you wake up at 6am just to let me tie your hair? Aigoo you’re so cute, Eun Soo-ah. Come, sit here.” Hana sat on the sofa and pulled little Eun Soo up her lap. Her hair was naturally smooth so comb wasn’t need. Within seconds, her hair was tied up in a neat ponytail.

“Woah! Unnie you’re brilliant! Thank you!” she beamed brightly at Hana. “You asked why was I up so early? Because I’m scared that the rest of the kids would snatch you away from me!”

“Silly, there’s no such thing as snatch~” Hana patted her head again. “Wanna help Unnie do breakfast? The rest are waking up soon.”

“Yes!”

“Omona! Hana-yah! Why are you here so early today?!” the orphanage care lady, Mrs. Kim scurried down the stairs, putting on her apron.

“Oh! Mrs. Kim! Good morning! Yeah, because today is the start of school already, and I couldn’t sleep, so I came over and help out. Here, drink some milk.” She poured milk for Mrs. Kim to drink.

“You’re too kind, Hana-ah. How I wish I had a daughter like you.” She said.

Hana just smiled.

Hana do have parents, but they were almost and always too busy for her. For the entire year of last year, she only saw them thrice. She was beginning to forget them, forget their caring faces.

“Oh! Noona is here! Quick! Wake up! We have to send her off to school!”

Soon, the entire orphanage for little kids came scrambling down the long flight of wooden stairs, each of them screaming and shouting to be hugged. Hana smiled and laughed with them and nearly forget the time.

“Oh my gosh! It’s 8 already! Sorry children! I have to get going! I promise to drop by soon! Bye kids!” Hana group hugged them one more time before hurr

Please Subscribe to read the full chapter