Chapter 6

The Music of the Lucifer

Several nights, routines, possessions, and nightmares later, Jessica had almost achieved perfect englihtenment and satisfaction. Jonghyun and Se Kyung were suffering and they couldn’t do anything about it. Jessica totally lost her mind and her soul. Nothing was right anymore. The sweet and jolly Jessica that people once knew was gone and replaced by the demonic, evil, vile, diabolical Jessica Jung that haunted them each time she went to school.

That very night, Jessica was to perform the 6th ritual. Second to the last. Jessica was alone that night and was very much aware that tomorrow was the day Tiffany and Taeyeon would come home.

“!” Jessica thought. “They’re gonna see me and the house in all this mess and I’ve got no excuse to say to them!”

But Jessica wanted this more than ever. Why not? She was used. Jonghyun played with her and replaced her with Shin Se Kyung. She was only for show. So Jessica had every right to continue this routine. Besides, she made a pact with the Devil, didn’t she?

Jonghyun and Se Kyung were very afraid and frustrated at the same time. They had to find out what was going on and why they were the victims of this hostile, demonic act and they were determined to put a stop to all this. Jonghyun invited Se Kyung over to his house to discuss this matter.

“How is this even possible? How is she doing this?” Se Kyung asked.

“I don’t know. But we’re gonna have to dig deeper into her history.” Jonghyun said. “Do you remember the rumors a few days ago?”

“Yeah. Sorta. Like the one where Jessica started acting all weird and chanting some name or something.”

“Yes! Yes that one! They said she chanted Lucifer. Or something related to Lucifer.”

“Jessica is posssessed by a demon!”

“Lucifer? The fallen angel! Jessica is under the spell of a fallen angel!”

“But how are we going to stop this?”

“We need to know where Jessica gets her powers. Maybe she has some kind of vault or something. Some kind of spell box.”

“Spell box?”

“Something like that. There must be some kind of bank where she draws strength from.”

Se Kyung tried to recall if Jessica ever came to school with anything in her hand. Se Kyung couldn’t remember but what sh recalled was something even more releveant and could possibly help them.

“No, I don’t remember seeing Jessica clutching anything evil looking but I do remember seeing a store down the road, it’s a new store, that sells supersititious things. It’s called Stitions R’Us.”

“You actually went inside that store? Show me tomorrow, I’ve not seen it yet.”

“It looks like an ordinary store but I assure you! There are like, hundreds and thousands of witch and devil related things there!”

“You have to take me there!”

“Slow down! I’ve not been there either. I’ve just seen it from afar but I definitely haven’t been there!”

“It’s okay. We’ll go there tomorrow and we’ll see what we can do!”

Come midnight, Jessica was in her room about to perform the ritual for the second to the last time but before everything else, she thought she’d take a look into the mirror first, just to see how much damage the ritual had done to her. Sure enough she was a walking, costumed skeleton, she resumed the procession. With the candles, the box, and the piece of paper. The wind blew even harder and the taking of Jessica to the bed was even more violent. She was thrown from wall to wall, slammed stomach first on the footer of the bed and pushed to the floor. She was abused on the floor and finally passed out there, beaten and bruised. An invisible figure carried her to the bed and that’s when the procession began.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung were sleeping with heavy hearts and troubled minds. In their dreams, they were haunted by Jessica again. Jonghyun was tied to a wooden post and so was Se Kyung. Flames hot as hell were burning at their feet. Jessica Jung came out again with nothing in her hands. She just walked and watched them scream as they were about to be burned and reduced to ashes. How she wished this would happen in real life.
“Jessica! Jessica we know it’s you! We know you’re behind all this! We know your ing secret!”

“What? That I use a music box everynight to put myself to sleep and I hurt you in my dreams? Please! That’s so last week!”

“That’s not all, !” Se Kyung butted in. “We know where you got that and when we get out of this ing nightmare, we’re gonna get you! We’re gonna turn you out! And when that happens-” suddenly, Jessica did an act so mind-blowing your jaws would drop if you had seen it! She pinched her skin and from the pinched part came a sharp dagger that turned into steel from flesh. Jessica spun it in between her fingers and smirked at their bewilderment. She threw the dagger at Se Kyung and it hit her straight in the throat, like it was a target.

“Saying anymore?” Jessica pinched her arm once more and produced a gun. Jonghyun’s eyes widened in fear. Jessica pointed the gun at Jonghyun, threatening to pull the trigger.

“ you! You will burn in he-” Jessica pulled the trigger. The gun was no ordinary gun. The gun was a very powerful one that carried huge shells in it. The first blow literally blew Jonghyun’s head off, beheading him on the spot. Jessica wanted to use it on Se Kyung as well but figured that Se Kyung had suffered enough for her to be further tortured. She died on the stake, for ’s sake!

“To hell with empathy!” Jessica muttered. She aimed at Se Kyung’s dead body and fired the gun. The huge bullet disembowels her and cuts her in half. Jessica uttered a short incantaion and the flames down under grew bigger, burning Se Kyung and Jonghyun’s dead bodies.

In real life, as Jessica was sleeping, she felt something taking her over. That something moved over her body and tried to manipulate her limbs. Her arms were raised, her legs were stretched and her breathing was stopped. For a minute or so, Jessica died. Then came back to life again! Jessica was breathing rapidly but her eyes were closed. The spirit took over her and she began to levitate and upon levitation, she was placed gently on the floor in a standing position. The spirit possessed her and Jessica began to walk with her eyes close while chanting a particular demonic incantation. Jessica screamed and wailed and calmed down after a few minutes. She opened the door and walked in a robot-like manner outside. Since it was early in the morning, there weren’t many people and cars around to see it but the unfortunate few were given minor heart attacks when Jessica stood in the middle of the street. The music box was left in the room but Jessica managed to wake up just before the last word was uttered.


Jessica snapped back into consciousness. Her small frame was slightly rattled by the cold early morning wind. She ran her hands into her messy hair and looked around her. She was in the middle of the street and everyone was looking at her. Jessica took a good look at herself. Her arms and legs were covered not just with scars but with burns and lacerations. She touched her face and felt frost bites on them. Jessica screamed but her scream was so demonic that the street lights were broken and so were the windshields of the cars. Her early morning tantrum elicited mass panic among the small number of people in the vicinity. Jessica was possessed by the devil once more, causing her to move like a contortionist and utter words she never knew she could speak in a deep, loud, hellish voice. Nobody tried to help her. Nobody dared. She went on with this act and looked like a sideshow attraction with people watching. Jessica hurled herself at a civilian, scratching the woman’s face and vomiting on her coat. Several men tried to pull her away but she was just so strong. Chaos reigned over the small town that very morning.

Jessica woke up at 10:00 am in her room. As usual, everything was a mess and so was her brain. She couldn’t recall anything that happened, let alone who brought her home. Jessica stood up and looked into the mirror. What she saw shocked her. She saw her black version (A/N: If you’ve been wondering what this ‘black version’ or ‘evil Sica’ looks like, think Run Devil Run Sica and you’ll get the pictureJ) staring right back at her. Jessica backed away and screamed. The Devil Jessica smiled, making Jessica smile in return.

Well, looks like when it comes to scaring the out of people, you’re the queen.

“I guess so.”

You’ve realized that you’ve become stronger, haven’t you?

“Not really. I feel weak.”

You’re physically weak which is normal because you have been possessed for a week. You’ve gone a week without food or any supplement of what sort, not to mention the pain you inflicted on yourself in your sleep.

“I hurt myself?”

Sure you did! Look at those wounds!

“I have burns! Where did I get them?”

You burnt yourself with the candles, you dimwit!


Jessica stood in front of the mirror in utter disbelief. The Devil Jessica looked at her with contentment. She had done a good job. The Devil Jessica reached out her hand to Jessica.

“What’s this?”

Take it.

“Why? But you’re a refle-”

TAKE IT I SAY! bellowed the demon. Jessica took its hand and felt a force push her backwards. The demon was slowly making its way out of the mirror. Jessica propped on the floor and watched the demon stand right before her. Now she was seeing her evil side in the flesh.

Today is the last day. This is the day when good bows down to the power of evil. We will become one and unless you perform an act of cowardice, the spirit shall remain with you.

The Devil Jessica caressed Jessica’s hair and face. She made her way down Jessica’s neck and when she got a grip on her collarbone, she proceeded with the posssession. The Devil Jessica entered Jessica, possessing her in the process. Jessica ed, screamed, shouted, yelled, yelped, scratched herself. She nearly died because of demon intervention but lived through the 15 minute long possession on the floor. Lived through it that she was standing in a devilish daze with the lust to kill and do evil.

Jonghyun and Shin Se Kyung woke from the bad dream with extreme pain in their bodies. Jonghyun had some minor burns as well as a painful neck while Se Kyung had a dry throat and a burning sensation all over her body. Despite of their pain, they made their way to the Stitions ‘R Us shop to consult about the Lucifer box. The two ran all the way there and barged into the store, taking the old lady by surprise.

“Yes. What is it I can do for you?” she asked politely. Jonghyun’s face was wild with anxiety and desperation. He looked all over the place for a box similar to the Lucifer box.

“Do you have some kind of revenge material, something related to Lucifer?“he asked.

“Yes. Well, I used to have one until a young lass bought it-”

“Who was that young lass?”


“I don’t know her name but I remember her face very well. She had long hair and a honey complexion-”

“Honey complexion! Jessica Jung!”

“Why do you ask?”

“You see, my girlfriend and I were cursed by Jessica using the Lucifer box and we have been sufferring for a week. She inflicted all sorts of pain on us through dreams and she has been showing signs of demonic possession. Please help us! She has hurt and killed a lot of people because of her anger at us and we don’t want to be next. What do we have to do.”

“Ah. Seems like an irreversible spell.” said the old lady grimly. “There are two ways to stop the devil from taking you. It’s either you get the box and destroy it completely, which will kill the accurser…”

“I can’t do that.” Jonghyun said hopelessly.

“Why not?” Se Kyung asked.

“Because I don’t know where Jessica lives.” Se Kyung looked at him dumbfoundedly, as if trying to say ‘you dated this girl and you don’t even know where she lives?’

“…or there is another option. You have to offer something to the evil spirit inside the accurser for her to stop. Kill something or someone and offer its body to her. Or one of you has to die in his/her dream.”

Jonghyun and Se Kyung looked at each other. Sacrifice? Dream? Those were the only options.

“We’ll do both.” they said in unison.

“Good luck. Remember to always say a prayer before doing anything.” Jonghyun and Se Kyung rushed out of the shop.

[THAT VERY NIGHT]

The last night has arrived. Jessica had waited for so long for this night to come and now that it was here, she could taste Se Kyung and Jonghyun’s blood in . It tasted so delicious and evil that she could kill them over and over again. Jessica now was 10 times more evil since she and Devil Jessica were now one. There was no more alter ego. In short, she became the Devil Jessica.
Geobu halsu eobtneun noye markyeokeun Lucifer, chanted Jessica over and over. The temperature in the room began to drop, the wind blew and the flame of the candles burned out. Jessica fainted and was carried to the bed, making her fall into a deep, very deep slumber.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung were about to perform the double sacrifice. First, they took Jonghyun’s dog and laid it on the table. Jonghyun felt a pinch of hurt and guilt in his heart. For some reason, he couldn’t bring himself to stab his little doggie in the heart and offer its blood and organs to the Devil. Se Kyung emerged from the kitchen with a butcher’s knife. Without putting the poor dog to sleep, out of desperation, Se Kyung raised her arms and chopped the poor dog in half as an offering. They recited the spell that the old lady told them to say after killing the dog.Jonghyun then got the blood and smeared it on the walls of their room as well as the door. They buried the dog at the backyard and hurried back in. They headed back to the room to perform part two of the breaking of the curse.

One has to die in the dream.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung laid down and closed their eyes to sleep. They began to dream and their dream on that night was like no other. It was the worst! They were on a wooden plank, with a fire lake down below. The two had their hands tied, hanging from a rope. The fire lake had large serpents, fire eels and ironically, ice snakes. Jonghyun and Se Kyung now knew what hell was like. The queen of all evil, Jessica Jung, descended from above and floated right in front of the two.

“If you think your torture is over, think again. This is not the only test that your bodies will be undergoing. This is just level one.” Jessica said with a sly smile. With her eyes, she revealed giant daggers on either side of the cliff about to skewer Se Kyung and Jonghyun who had no form of escape. If they tried to break free by jumping til the ropes snap, they would land hard on the plank, breaking it and sending them down to the Fire River.

“When the daggers are near, jump up and keep your feet up. Wait for the points to touch and once they’ve touched, that’s when you put your feet down.” Jonghyun said. It was the smartest thing he could think of. “I will try to free myself from the ropes and free you while doing so.” Se Kyung looked unsure but seeing it as the only option, she agreed to do what Jonghyun told her. Inch by inch, the daggers drew closer and closer to them and when they were only a few inches away from their ribs, Jonghyun gave Se Kyung the signal.

“GO!” Together they leapt up and when the dagger points kissed, Jonghyun and Se Kyung set foot on them. Jonghyun had been trying to work on the ropes and as soon as he was free, he quickly freed Se Kyung.

Jessica appeared before them and clapped. “Very smart. Very, very smart Jonghyun! Too bad you two aren’t prepared for the surprise.” Jessica disappeared once more.

“W-what surprise?” Se Kyung asked with a shaky voice. The daggers suddenly moved and separated them. Jonghyun ended on the other side while Se Kyung was sent to the other. To make matters worse, the plank that Jonghyun was supposed to use to get to the other side disappeared. Thunder and lightning appeared above them. Se Kyung nearly fell off the dagger but held on to it and slowly made it to the other side. How was Jonghyun going to cross?

“Jonghyun!” Se Kyung yelled out. Jonghyun tried to think of a plan but while he was doing that, Se Kyung was taken away to a different dimension of hell, leaving Jonghyun alone on the cliff above Fire River.

Se Kyung was in a Nail Forest. Everywhere she went, everywhere she looked there were nails. Even the ceiling had nails. Jessica appeared once again.

“You are in an ever-compressing and ever-expanding room full of nails. There is a key at the end of the maze. If you find this key that will lead you to the other room, then you may proceed to the next level. The walls will expand and the ceiling will compress, making the key finding harder and harder. Nothing in Hell is easy so you won’t be going away without any scars.” Se Kyung sobbed harder and tried with all her might to make her way through the needlestack. Jessica cackled louder and threw in more needles, hitting Se Kyung in the face, arms, legs, practically everywhere! Se Kyung crawled her way to the end of the needlestack where the key was. Finally, she was able to grab the key and a look of relief overcame Se Kyung. She struggled to make her way to the door and upon arriving at the doorstep, she was all bloodied and stabbed. Se Kyung scrambled to get the key into the keyhole and succeeded. She was on to the next level of hell.

Jonghyun on the other hand was still struggling to get past the Fire River. Having no other choice but to jump in the Fire River and swim his way up. Jonghyun was able to swim the entire river and as soon as he came up, his body was covered with burns and serpent bites. Though weakened and in pain, Jonghyun strived to make his way to wherever Se Kyung was. Like Se Kyung, he had to endure more torture. His wrists were tied and so were his ankles. The ropes pulled him to the wall. Jessica reappeared in front of him and seduced him. She glided her hands on his face and arms, touching his wounds and scars. She then buried her nails deep into his face, making him bleed profusely. Jessica lightly pressed his face but the scars were so deep that she nearly ripped his face off. Jonghyun howled in pain.

“Jessica!!!!” he yelped. “Stop it please!”

Geobu halsu eobtneun noye maryeokeun Lucifer , Jessica chanted over and over again, almost to a yell. In fact, she shouted so much that she started to vomit toxic blood on Jonghyun, something that slowly corrupted his skin like acid. Jonghyun could feel a malevolent spirit as sharp as a knife piercing his stomach and trying to fish his guts out. Se Kyung saw this and rushed to Jonghyun’s aid, knocking Jessica down. Se Kyung jumped on Jessica and tackled her, which didn’t matter because Se Kyung may be chunkier than Jessica but Jessica had the power of the devil on her side, thus making her stronger. She pulled on Se Kyung and scratched her, clawed at her and didn’t stop until the wounds on Se Kyung’s face bled once more. She threw the young girl to the wall and tied her up just like Jonghyun.

In real life, Jessica Jung was levitating just right above her bed. She was put down on the floor like a rag doll. Thrown, as a matter of fact. She then got up and walked stiffly towards the stairs. Jessica held on to the rail, partly aware that she was at the staircase. Jessica tried to feel for the first step but a force pushed her down the stairs, making her stumble and roll all the way down to the first floor. Her body ached and she sustained some bruises. The spirit left Jessica’s body only to possess her once again. Jessica began convulsing and since she was the only one at home and it was early in the morning, no one could help her. She helplessly suffered the pain of being entered and abused by the demon, all for the sake of revenge.

Back to her dream, Se Kyung stood up and faced her.

“Jessica! We already killed the animal! We smeared our walls with its blood! What more do you want?” Se Kyung begged.

“Do you really think” Jessica pranced around “ that I’m interested in your dog’s dirty stinking ing blood?” She inched closer to Se Kyung and grabbed her neck, choking her in the process. Jonghyun screamed at Jessica, telling her to stop. Jessica looked at him with gleaming red eyes which blinded him. Jonghyun then felt his arms being squeezed to the point where his blood began to drip. All Jessica had to do was stare at him. His blood mixed with her poison blood, making his skin peel off faster.

“What do you want? I’ll give it, we’ll give it to you! If we have to kill someone just to save our souls-”

“ENOUGH OF THAT BULL!” Jessica tightened her grip around Se Kyung’s neck, breaking her windpipe. Se Kyung gasped for air but Jessica didn’t have the heart to give it to her. The temperature in hell was rising continuously because of Jessica’s anger. Jonghyun’s skin started to come off and his interior was starting to show. Se Kyung cried and begged for Jessica to spare Jonghyun.

“Please…have mercy on us. Please…” Jessica cackled at the pitiful sight of Se Kyung. She took out her barbed wire whip and whipped Shin Se Kyung.
“I want your souls! I want to take your souls to hell and torture them everyday! That way, I’d be able to vent out my aggression on you!” Jessica cackled even more. Se Kyung was starting to bleed profusely, soaking her white dress with blood.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung couldn’t stop tossing and turning in bed. They suddenly smelled fumes and jolted awake. Before they knew it, their room was on fire. Se Kyung inched closer to Jonghyun and held on to him as he tried to think of a plan. Jonghyun looked at his body and saw his skin peeling, like he was bathed in acid. Se Kyung had so many bruises on her body, some were oozing with blood.

“Where did we get these?” Jonghyun asked worriedly. Se Kyung started to panic as the walls started to come down. Jonghyun leapt towards the door and tried to open it but it was locked. Even the windows were closed tightly. Practically, they were trapped in their burning room. They were pushed back down to their beds and forced to sleep. The fire started to spread and as soon as it started burning the bed bit by bit, Se Kyung and Jonghyun were petrified to their roots.

Jessica whipped and whipped Se Kyung until she was bleeding all over. Se Kyung just collapsed. Jessica laughed and turned her attention to Jonghyun who was drenched in Jessica’s toxic vomit blood. His muscles and bones were starting to show and the only uncorrputed part was his face. Jessica cackled and cackled and using her really long nail, she drew a line in the air before Jonghyun’s face and cut his head off, killing him in the process. Se Kyung on the other hand died because of a massive loss of blood.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung were still on the bed, unable to move. Jessica appeared before them in black. She did nothing but stare at them and cackle. She descended from the ceiling and grabbed their ankles. Jonghyun and Se Kyung screamed and screamed, trying to kick her hands away but to no avail. She was just too strong. Jessica’s anger made the flames rise higher, burning the entire room down. Jonghyun and Se Kyung were burned to their death and true enough, Jessica yanked them to hell with her.

But Jessica Jung’s-the real Jessica Jung-body was sufferring in her own home. Her house started to shake. Vases and frames fell and broke. Furniture was thrown from corner to corner. In short, there was a mini-earthquake happening in her house. Jessica stood up, her pupils gone and crawled backwards, walking up the walls and screaming demonic rubbish. She was thrown to the floor, making her break her arms. Before her appeared Evil Jessica.

Now, it’s time for you to pay the price! You’re coming with me to hell! Jessica convulsed and screamed, partly aware that the devil was going to drag her to hell. She couldn’t say a word as she was severely weakened by the possession. Without warning, her house flamed up, trapping her. She was to suffer the same fate Jonghyun and Se Kyung had just suffered. Jessica refused to move from her spot, deciding to go with the devil to hell.

“I’LL SEE THEM IN HELL!!!” she screamed and laughed evilly. Right then and there, Jessica Jung was dragged to hell by her evil alter ego. The house was empty and burned down to ashes.

[THE FOLLOWING DAY]

Tiffany and Taeyeon returned from their week long vacation and were shocked with what they saw.

“What the happened here?” Taeyeon shrieked. “WHERE’S JESSICA?! DID SHE LEAVE THE STOVE ON FOR A WEEK?!?!” The two looked around and saw that everything was reduced to ashes. This brought tears to their eyes but what stopped them from bawling their eyes out was the sight of something on the bed. Miraculously, the bed was the only thing that survived.

“What is that?” asked Tiffany. They walked to the bed and picked it up.

Jessica’s music box remained intact despite the fire.

“A music box.”

“Since when did Jessica own a music box?” Tiffany turned it over and saw the Devil’s pentagram inscripted at the bottom. She tossed it on the bed and cuddled close to Taeyeon.

“What did you see?” Tiffany took the box carefully once more and showed it to Taeyeon. Taeyeon’s eyes widened in fear at the sight of this.

And the curse…goes on.