Chapter 4

The Music of the Lucifer

Terror reigned in Seoul High School. Jessica Jung was an instant hot topic. Students everywhere had her name on their lips. The weirdness she portrayed the other day struck the entire school with fear.

“Did you hear about what Jessica Jung did the other day?”

“That was like, major scary. Not to mention crazy. “

Jessica sat at home thinking about this. Since she was sent home, she had been in a daze, her dark black eyes fixed on only one thing.

That was one hell of a show you pulled. You were great!

“Tell me about it.”

You scared the out of those . And best part of it is, Jonghyun and Se Kyung are scared out of their wits. They’re so paranoid now, you should see them!

“Hm. Come to think of it, I do feel kind of relieved now. But the only thing I’m worried about is my classmates and schoolmates talking about me.”

Don’t have to worry about that. They fear you now, Jessica. It’s actually a good sign.

“It is?”

Of course it is. You’re the almighty Jessica Jung now! No one can come near you. No one can hurt you. But you have power over them now.

“Seriously?”

yeah!

“Then great!” Jessica smiled her sly smile once more. “You know what I like about you? You keep me out of school. You help me forget about that Jongass and that Se .”

Of course. That’s why you called me in the first place. So you can put a stop to all this.


With a cigarette in between her fingers and a glass of warm beer in her other hand, Jessica smirked and ruffled her messy hair.

[AT JONGHYUN’S HOUSE]

This night was different because Jonghyun wasn’t staying with Shin Se Kyung. He had the house all to himself. He was about to go to sleep then when he noticed that the lights in the living room were flickering.

“What could be wrong here?” he asked. He turned it off but the lights refused to go out. It continued to flicker and flicker and when the lights decided that they were exhausted, they went out.

“What the fu-” Jonghyun wandered around in the dark. Good thing he had his father’s lighter on the table. He used this as his guide to the stairs. On his way up, he felt a cold breeze pass him by and envelope him. This gave him the creeps and prompted him to run faster but what scared him even more was the fact that the small flame on his lighter was blown by the wind, leaving him in total darkness. Jonghyun wanted to prove to himself that he was a man, and the “man” that he was, he bravely made his way upstairs, convincing himself that nothing was wrong. Nothing was wrong until he felt a cold hand grab his ankle. Jonghyun whipped around and crouched down to feel if someone was there.

Hello, you little bastard! called a familiar voice from below. Jonghyun screamed and scrambled all the way to the second floor. He ran to his room and slammed the door, locking it for his own safety. He tried to erase from his mind what he heard earlier. Jonghyun scrambled for the lights and when he felt the switch, he turned it on. Luckily for him the light did go on and at that he breathed a sigh of relief. He didn’t know however that that relief would be short lived. As Jonghyun set his things down on his bed, he heard a loud thump on the floor. He spun around and scanned his room for what it was. He looked through the nooks and crannies of his room for anything that might ring as strange. Sure enough there was nothing but there was this sound…the sound of scratching. It sounded like nails clawing on the walls. It drove Jonghyun mad that he shouted,

“What the hell do you want from me?! Who are you!? Show yourself!!!”

I’d rather not! Come to hell with me and I’ll tell you who I am.

“Jessica.” he muttered under his breath. “What have you done to Jessica?!?” The wind blew harder and the breeze got colder. So cold that the cozy carpeted floor felt ice cold underneath Jonghyun’s feet. He felt that all this was just his imagination so he opted for a glass of water. Good thing he had a glass and a small fridge right next to his bed. He didn’t have to deal with the faulty lighting downstairs. So he poured himself a glass but a huge shock came to him. The water-which was supposed to be clear-was blood red! In fact, it wasn’t water at all. It was filled with blood. Jonghyun froze to the point of petrification. He just stared at the glass and tried to work in his mind how it turned into blood. The glass began to shake in his hand. This puzzled him as he didn’t know what caused it. All of a sudden, the glass shattered in his hand, spilling the contents and pricking his skin. His blood then mixed with the blood that was in the glass. Things were getting really creepy now.

A loud cackle came from above. Jonghyun looked around and fell to his knees. The lights flickered and flickered and finally went off. Jonghyun was tired and breathing heavily. The lights then went on after a few minutes of him sitting in the darkness and when it did, a creepy sight greeted him.

The walls of his room were decorated with the words ‘STEW IN HELL’ written in human blood. Jonghyun screamed and passed out.

[IN JONGHYUN/SE KYUNG’S DREAM]


Jonghyun and Se Kyung were tied to wooden stakes in their dream. Se Kyung and Jonghyun looked rapidly around them. Out of nowhere appeared a silhouette with a huge baggage. It was Jessica Jung! Again! This time, she had with her a golf bag with metal arrows-heavy metal arrows-in them and in her right hadn was a huge metal bow. The two looked at her with confusion and fear.

“Jessica! What are you doing?” asked Jonghyun.

“Getting revenge on the two of you. You are responsible for my misery!” she growled.

“You’re crazy! You’re mothering insane!” Jonghyun yelled at her. Jessica ignored him and just looked at them. Out of anger, frustration, and fear, Se Kyung spoke up.

“You are one bitter , Jessica! Why can’t you just accept the fact that we’re together? Why can’t you just be happy for us instead of hurting yourself this way?!” Jessica snapped and pulled out a metal arrow. Se Kyung cringed at the sight of it for it looked very diabolical, most especially when Jessica glided her finger on it and touched the tip. The tip was very pointed and to emphasize its sharpness, she pricked her finger and let the blood flow from her pointed down to her wrist. She walked towards Se Kyung and smeared her face with blood. Se Kyung screamed in fright.

 

“Shut the hell up you albino !” Jessica said in between gritted teeth. “Maybe if you didn’t get in the way of our relationship. Maybe if you didn’t attract Jonghyun when you knew we were together. Maybe if your screwed up little didn’t ing flirt with Jonghyun, none of this would’ve happened. But both of you are at fault. Both of you deserve misery.”

“Why do you have to do this?” Se Kyung cried out loud. She knew their demise was going to be brutal and gruesome and painful. Jessica didn’t care. The more gruesome the punishment was, the more fun it was to watch. She watched them moan and cry and scream for mercy. This is what she wanted all along. To see them suffer. Heartaches got the best of her in real life. It was the point when she nearly killed herself because of depression. But possession and dream revenge were even better. Nothing could top the feeling of seeing the ones who ed with you get ed up.

“Because I have to.” Jessica smirked. “And I want to.” Taking a metal bow from her bag, she placed it in between the strings of her bow and decided to shoot them straight in the mouth. Jessica had to make the difficult decision of choosing between Se Kyung and Jonghyun. Who to shoot first? She hated them equally but in all honesty, she hated Jonghyun more. So what she did was aim the arrow at Jonghyun and mustering all her superhuman strength, Jessica pulled the end of the arrow and flung it straight at Jonghyun’s throat. It pierced his Adam’s apple, making blood flow and killing Jonghyun on the spot. Se Kyung screamed in horror, forcing Jessica to quickly grab another metal bow and aiming it at Se Kyung.

“Shut up, you noisy !” Jessica released the metal bow and as it was racing towards Se Kyung, the pure white girl couldn’t stop screaming. The metal bow flies towards Se Kyung who was screaming her head off. The screaming stopped when the metal bow hits her straight in the mouth, impaling her head. Jessica cocked her head to the side and let out a strong and evil cackle. The two had died again in her dream.

The song ended. Jessica woke up.

This time, she wasn’t in her room.

Jessica found herself in the kitchen with a knife in her hand. The knife was pointed straight, as if about to stab someone. She dropped the knife and sat on the floor with her hand on in shock. She backed away from the knife and screamed in fright, all the more when the knife stood on its tip, impaled on the floor. Jessica tried to scream but no words came out. Not a sound. She just had open the whole time.

Get up! You look pathetic! Jessica got up.

“What the hell is up with that knife?”
I’m just controlling it with my powers, trying to see what I can do with it.

“You mean, you’re just transfering your energy to it?”

Something like that.

“Woah.”

You had a pretty good dream now, didn’t you?

“I sure did.”

Maybe you’d like to take a good look at the mirror.

“I wouldn’t care. You’re testing me, aren’t you? You’re trying to see if I still care about worldly things as such?”

Exactly! How did you know?

“I don’t know. I just-”

That’s the first sign. Knowing things that you thought you didn’t know.

“Oh. So does this mean-”

This means that you are halfway through completely possessed. I am slowly claiming ownership of your soul.

“But I’ll still get out of this alive, won’t I?” Jessica asked paranoid.

Oh sure. Just follow the instructions.

“What’ll happen to me after they’ve been taken.”

You will be all powerful. Just like your alter ego

“What the…”

You heard me.

“Then by all means, let that 7th night come.” Jessica then felt her evil alter ego grin a devilish grin.


Jessica showed up at school that day, late as usual. Unlike last time though, she was properly dressed. Everything was in order except for her face and her body. Her face was really, really pale and Jessica was looking thinner than ever. She must’ve gone days without food. Her hair was a mess and her lips were wounded and scabbed like she bit them over and over. Today Jessica was relatively tame. She entered class and despite the fearful stares from her classmates, made her way calmly towards her seat. Mr. Woo, the Physics teacher, heard her enter the room and turned to face her. Jessica was in a daze once again.

“Good morning, Ms. Jung.” he said. “Why just now? Did you experience car troubles or-”

“No questions.” Jessica mouthed. Her gaze was still fixed and her classmates’ gazes were fixed on her.

“I’m sorry. You must be having a rough day.”

“Don’t make it any rougher or I will rough up on you.” Jessica muttered. Her face had no expression. Mr. Woo heard about the possession rumours and the weird incidents involving Jessica Jung and her disruptive classroom behavior. Knowing better than to provoke the bull, Mr. Woo opted to shut up and go on with his discussion. This is another topic to talk about in the Faculty Room, he thought. Jessica paid no attention to the teacher whose lecture was boring her to death. Instead, her eyes scanned the room, her evil alter ego trying to look for something to use to cause chaos. Finding nothing, she chose to use her own powers. Jessica eyed the white board and used her pupils to create a small gash. Sure enough there was a crack but it was barely visible. Jessica turned around to check if her classmates noticed it and each time she turned around, her classmates avoided her in fear. Nobody noticed, though. Obviously because they weren’t screaming and crying. Jessica smirked and turned her attention to the white board. She looked at it carefully and concentrated on it, making her pupils bigger. She streaked the whiteboard and heard her classmates whimpering and mumbling. Jessica flashed an evil smile which Mr. Woo didn’t seem to notice. Jessica further lengthened the scar and when it appeared to be touching Mr. Woo, Jessica turned her eyes to Mr. Woo, therefore scarring him. Mr. Woo felt a slight pain in his right arm and was met with horror when he raised it to look at it. The students saw the blood oozing from his teacher’s forearm. One student in particular screamed but Mr. Woo stopped him in an effort to prevent the previous riots from happening again.

“Keep quiet! I’m okay.” the teacher assured his students that he was fine though he knew he wasn’t. He looked sharply at Jessica Jung who seemed to be calmly sitting down, oblivious to what was happening around her.

“You!” he pointed a finger at her. “What are you up to this time, you little witch?”
“Oh nothing. Just sitting here. Why are you blaming me? Can’t accept the fact that you spent the night getting all dirty with one of your co-teachers?“ Jessica said. “Hm. That’s one very devilish act. Lust. Tsk tsk.” Jessica moved her eyes to Mr. Woo’s midsection, scarring him on the stomach and making him bleed even more. The students start to scramble and all hell broke loose once again.

“Spawn of the devil you are!” Mr. Woo cursed at her trying to stabilize himself. He knew he was losing so much blood and wouldn’t be able to live through it but he managed to curse Jessica one more time.

“I’ll say.” Jessica twirled her finger around her messy, discolored hair. She watched him bleed before the cowering class and smiled an agreeing smile.

“You ought to be ashamed of yourself!” Mr. Woo was really feeling the pain in his stomach. So much that he got on one knee before his desk, blood beginning to ooze from his mouth. Jessica penetrated his internal organs with only her eyes. “…you will burn in hell for this!” Mr. Woo was really starting to lose the fight. Some brave students couldn’t stand the sight of their teacher dying before them and ran out to get help. Jessica sensed movement from behind her and using only her willpower, locked the doors, rolled down the blinds and blocked the doors with chairs. She stood up and this was when the real fear began to creep in. Jessica walked around, just like before.

Geobu halsu eobtneun noye maryeokeun Lucifer
Goebu halsu eobtneun noye mabobeun Lucifer

She chanted over and over again. The classroom started to shake. All the students screamed and ran around. Once again, panic reigned over the classroom. Jessica savored every minute of destruction. She wanted the class to fear her, she wanted the teachers to fear her, but most of all, she wanted Jonghyun and Se Kyung to fear her. Jessica looked at the walls and turned her attention back to her classmates. Slowly, she stuck her tongue out and her wounded lips. Even the corners of were wounded and bleeding. Jessica smiled, reavealing her rotten teeth which were once white. Everybody started screaming and as they were yelling their lungs out, Jessica opened and let out a loud scream. The chant that she chanted earlier was being screamed by her now. The students tried to get out of the classroom. One by one, with the other pushing another but Jessica’s power was just so strong. Letting out another ear-splitting, blood chilling, spine tingling scream then following it up with a loud, thundrous laugh, she jammed the doors with her will power and sent a cool breeze around the classroom.

“Jessica,” reasoned a seatmate. “What has gotten into you?”

Tell him to off, spoke her alter ego.

Jessica let out a smirk and opened in a very obscene fashion, as if she was asking for some . Jessica got on her knees and grabbed the seatmate’s legs, yanking his pants.

“I want to blow you.” spoke Jessica in a voice that was not hers. The male classmate tried to kick her away but he ended up staying put right where he was. No, Jessica did not give him a , rather, she worked her way up his body and stood up once her hands reached his head. The male classmate felt her icy cold hands and her frail body before him. Jessica leaned forward as if to kiss him but instead, she pushed him far away with her superhuman strength. She let out another cackle which turned all the lights out. Terror didn’t last for long, though. Jessica fell to her knees and started to weaken. She was sure she was going to faint.

And she did. She fainted. Her classmates rushed to her aid, a few brave souls only. They shook her body, checked her pulse and her eyes. Her eyes terrified them deeply. They were once very beautiful and expressive but now they were hollow with dark circles as well as bags underneath. Jessica had been sufferring a lot, they thought. Not just physical sufferring but emotional and mental sufferring as well. Jessica had been acting really strange since the breakup. She manifested signs of psychosis such as self-talk, self-harm, amongst others. There were no questions about Jessica’s mental state. She was really insane. But there were a few doubts that couldn’t help but linger in the minds of the students.

If she was really insane, then what caused the supernatural occurences? Crazy people can talk to themselves and hurt themselves and get violent and but make a teacher bleed to death by simply looking at him? That’s utter bull! Something was going on and they knew it.

Jessica woke up not in the clinic but at home. Someone had brought her home. The doctors and nurses at the school did. When she got home, she had a friend of hers, Yoona, watch over her. Yoona was sitting right next to her as she laid in bed. Jessica awoke and looked at Yoona.

“What are you doing here?”

“I’m guarding you. School doctor told me you went nuts at school. Plus, you don’t look okay.”

“I haven’t seen myself.”

“You should. What’s going on with you? What happened to the Jessica Jung who used to be so concerned about her looks and clothes?”

“There’s no need for you to know.”

“I have to know.” Yoona said with a hint of concern in her voice. “You’re my friend.”

“I…” Jessica was about to say it when her mind asked her alter ego if she was supposed to.

Go ahead. No wrong in being proud of your inner demon.

“I bought a box.” Jessica started. “It was for revenge.”

“Revenge? Who you trying to get revenge on?”

“Jonghyun and Shin Se Kyung. They fooled me.”

“What? Jessica! That’s a very shallow reason for you to go through bull like this! For other people to endure bull coming from you! Please Jessica, you’re destroying yourself-”

“I made a pact with a demon. And I’ve awoken my inner demon. It is the one that is working, not me. It has power over me.”

“Stop it.” Yoona said.

“I can’t. I have to finish it.”

“Why can’t you stop it!? Because the devil told you so.”

“Yes.”

“Jessica, drop this act now. You’re starting to freak me out.” Jessica turned her head slowly to Yoona. Yoona was able to get a better glimpse of Jessica’s face. It was very horrible. Her hair was a mess, she was paler than ever, her lips were thin and bruised, her eyes were hollow and had black circles as well as bags underneath. Jessica was close to emaciated but not quite there yet. This, along with Jessica’s voice, scared Yoona and made her want to leave the place as soon as possible.

“When you’re angry, you do things you never thought you could do. Making a pact is one of them.” Jessica explained in a daze. “And when you make a deal, you have to stick to it til the very end. It’s a promise that shouldn’t be broken.” Jessica gave a small smile before lying back down. Yoona felt really creeped out and started to leave.

“You need to rest. Don’t go to school tomorrow, okay.”

“Whatever you say.” Jessica said with her back turned. Yoona carefully extied the bedroom. Her gaze never left Jessica’s body and her heart broke at how much her friend had changed. Jessica knew that Yoona was still looking at her and she would like her privacy. In an effort to scare Yoona away, she used her willpower to slam the door shut. Yoona jumped in fright and ran straight out of the house. From outside, she could hear Jessica’s diabolical cackle.

Jessica’s possession got scarier and scarier. This was just the beginning.