Chapter Three

The Music of the Lucifer

At Se Kyung's place, she and Jonghyun were chilling and hanging out. After a minute long kiss-a-thon on the sofa [and they told everyone they were friends], Se Kyung decided to change into her sleeping attire. Both sets of parents were out of the country and wouldn't be back after a month so that gave Jonghyun and Se Kyung all the freedom to do what they wanted. And that was to have and (hopefully) make Jessica jealous and feel bitter.

"I'll just change upstairs." Se Kyung said with her flirty fake voice. Jonghyun cocked his head to the side and grinned, revealing his shiny silver braces. Se Kyung giggled and twirled her hair at this and merrily skipped to the stairs. Dirty thoughts were running in Jonghyun's mind, the same dirty thoughts about Se Kyung that ran when he was with Jessica.

Upstairs, Se Kyung tried to look for some tight-fitting blouses and really short shorts to wear when the cabinet closed on her arms.

"Oh crap that was painful!" she yelled as she rubbed her arms. Then, the door swung close and the windows slammed shut. So hard that the glass nearly fell off.

"What was that?" she sat on the floor and tried to calm herself down. She was really starting to feel scared but in an effort to keep her fears at bay, she told herself over and over that it was just the wind and there was no such thing as ghosts.

But there is such thing as demons.

The television set's screen began to crack. This terrified Se Kyung even more. Her heart was beating out of her chest so rapidly she wanted to vomit it. Thinking that it was just sleepiness taking her over, she quickly picked the clothes up and ran to the bathroom to change. When she turned the lights on, the bulb emitted a red ray of light.

"What the heck is going on?" Se Kyung asked.

Look at the mirror, . said a familiar voice from somewhere. Sure enough, the message was written on the mirror in human blood. It read,

Pay your dues

"!" Se Kyung let out a bloodcurdling scream. She yelled and yelled and it finally got to Jonghyun who was watching TV downstairs. Sensing that his lady was in trouble, he rushed upstairs and tried to open the door that was locked previously. It opened and he rushed to her bathroom and found her sitting on the floor screaming her head off. He placed his hands on her shoulders and embraced her from behind. This made Se Kyung scream even more.

"Ssshh.." Jonghyun hushed. "Don't scream. It's just me, Jonghyun." Se Kyung looked behind her and buried her head in Jonghyun's chest. Jonghyun rubbed her hair and kissed her head. Se Kyung cried and cried out of fear.

"The mirror…the mirror…" she said over and over again. She even pointed at the mirror.

"What's wrong with the mirror?"

"Pay your dues."

"What?"

"Read it!"

Jonghyun looked at the mirror and saw nothing. Se Kyung wiped her eyes and looked around. Everything was back to the way it was.

"Huh? But…"

"What's going on?"

"It…it…the room…red…and pay your dues…the windows." Se Kyung realized that she wasn't speaking coherently enough for Jonghyun to understand her. He placed a finger on her lips and embraced her.

"It's okay. It's all over now." he said.

"What happened?"

"You're just tired, alright? Wash your face and let's go to bed. Forget about changing."

Se Kyung did as she was told.

In the place where Jessica lived, she pranced around the house with a bottle of pills in her hand.

I did it, Jessica. I scared the living hell out of Se Kyung.

"Really? What'd you do?"

Well, let's just say that I gave her a slight heart attack by slamming the doors and windows, cracking the TV screen, turning the light red and writing 'Pay your Dues' in blood on her mirror. She was so terrified. You should've seen her face.

"I would love to see her face." Jessica cackled. "I would love to see the scared look on her face. If only I was there, I would take a picture of it, post it on Facebook and everyone would agree that she wasn't so pretty."

You're evil. But I'm diabolical.

"You smell like hell."

You smell like hell, yourself.

Jessica enjoyed her conversation with herself. Though the seizure she had earlier nearly took her life, she knew that with her alter-ego in her head and with the rules given to her, she was going to live.

"Do you think I will live through this?"

It depends. What did the fat old lady at the store tell you?

"To wake up as soon as the song ends."

Bingo. So just follow that and you will live.

"Will you live with me forever?"

Jessica, one's evil alter ego is always with her no matter where she goes, no matter who she meets, no matter what she goes through. There's two sides to a person, I be ed if you didn't know that. The good and the evil. Right now, since you're just starting the routine, you're clearly 45% good. But since you aroused the evil in you and you decided to make a pact, that makes you 55% evil. Continuing this makes you more and more evil. Discontinuing it would have to mean cowardice.

"How is it cowardice?"

You broke a deal. When you make a deal you have to stick to it. Cowardice is defined as the backing out of a challenge because of fear. Extreme, lame- cowardice is the breaking of a deal because of fear, especially when it was you who thought of this. Remember, I never came to you. It was you who was looking for revenge. You had the option to accept it or to exact revenge. Your brain and heart agreed that it was just right to get revenge. And here you are.

"I'm starting to like you."

You liked me even before you knew I existed.

"Whatever. I'd still like you even if I understood that."

Don't forget what I told you. Down those pills before you do the routine.

"What for?"

Just do it.

"Won't I die of-"

Bull to that! I just want you to take some pills.

"Fine fine fine! I will!" Jessica opened the bottle and poured 3 to 4 in her hand. She rammed it all in and washed it down with a glass of water.

"I haven't eaten anything, you know. It's bad to-"

Screw that! When I say take it in, you take it in or I'll drag your to hell.

"Oh well. If you think that I can survive without food-"

You'll survive without those. All you need to do is follow me.

"You?"

Who else? Jonghyun?

"Never."

There's your answer. Now what I want you to do is entertain yourself while waiting for midnight to come.

Jessica had no idea what to do while waiting so she rummaged through Tiffany's things and found that Tiffany left her pack of cigarettes. Jessica knew that she wasn't allowed to smoke but what the hell?

Smoke a joint. Drink beer. Do whatever. Just don't forget midnight.

"Okay." Jessica took a stick from the pack and lit it. She put the cigarette in and began to smoke. It felt weird but good. Never had she felt this high before.

You see that? Now you're enjoying yourself.

"Sure am."

Jessica continued to entertain herself by drinking all the bottles of beer Tiffany and Taeyeon had reserved for themselves and finishing an entire pack of cigarettes. At age 16, Jessica didn't know she could do that.

The clock struck 12 and without even trying, Jessica just stood up feeling lighter than usual. Her feet were dragged all the way to the bedroom but she didn't know that because she was in a daze. Jessica seemed to be staring at something and it looked as if she was a mannequin being brought upstairs by an invisible entity. She was left standing in front of her bed in a daze.

What are you waiting for? Utter your chant thing now!

Jessica snapped out of her unconsciousness and took the paper that was underneath the box. She unfolded it and began her ritual. The candles were all lighted and everything was the way it was last night. It started with the chant. Then the doors and windows shut all of a sudden before the wind blew a strong gust inside the room. Jessica's dishevelled hair blew in the wind and her very dry eyes got even drier. The feeling inside of her was weak but the desire to commit an act of revenge was very strong. After the chant, it got a bit violent. Out of nowhere, Jessica tripped and landed on her chest but despite of this, she showed no emotion or sign of pain. She was dragged by the ankle all the way to the bed where she lay. The first few parts of the song were uttered in her sleep and before she knew it, she was in dreamland.

Or nightmare land for Se Kyung and Jonghyun.

It happened again, this time in a much different place. Se Kyung and Jonghyun were in a warehouse with severed heads hanging from pipes and headless bodies hanging upside down with the chests ripped open. Se Kyung and Jonghyun were cuddling each other but were then separated as a crane with a rope grabbed them by the ankles and hung them beside the bodies. Blood sprouted out of the bodies and made them scream. From their upside down vision, they could see a black silhouette coming their way.

For the second night, it was Jessica.

"Getting dizzy now, ?" Jessica asked Se Kyung, grabbing her hair and clutching it tightly. "Feeling that blood rush to your head now? Huh? Are you feeling it?"

Se Kyung just sobbed and begged for her hair to be released.

"ANSWER ME, YOU ?" Jessica bellowed. "ARE YOU FEELING THE PAIN IN YOUR HEAD NOW?"

"YEEESS!" Se Kyung sobbed harder. "Please Jessica stop this! You're insane!"

"Jessica!" Jonghyun called over. Jessica released Se Kyung's hair and banged her head against the gray wall. She walked over to her ex-lover and flirted with him for a while.

"What is it, baby?"

"Jessica, we did nothing to deserve this! I broke up with you for the better! Se Kyung and I are just-"

"Shut the mothering hell up or I'll cut your tongue." Jessica snapped. "I know what you and Se Kyung do after school. I know where you go! I know that you let this sleep in your room in your bed. She invited you to her house last night and she got the mighty scared out of her, is that right?" her knowledge of what happened shocked them both. How did she know, they thought, she wasn't even there.

"How did you-"

"Zip those lips, ." Jessica said. She had an iron rod with her and unleashing all the anger in the world, hit Se Kyung's stomach with it. Se Kyung wailed in pain but Jessica wasn't through. She hit her legs her arms and the stomach once more before moving to Jonghyun. As much as Jessica hated Se Kyung, she despised Jonghyun with a passion. She hit him on the head with the iron rod, resulting in instant lacerations. Jonghyun's forehead was wounded and bleeding. She then moved to the stomach, hitting him several times, making him vomit blood. Se Kyung was just practically screaming and when Jessica decided that she couldn't take anymore of her yelps, she pulls out a butcher knife and does the unthinkable.

"If you can't shut yourself up, , I will." Jessica cut her palm with the butcher's knife and moved on to her forearm. Her entire left arm was soaking in blood and she wiped it on Se Kyung's white dress. Se Kyung screamed in fright. That's when Jessica leapt into action and swished the butcher's knife just below the chin, cutting her head off. The head rolled on the ground with the eyes open, fear filled. The mouth was agape and blood was spewing out of it. Jonghyun looked at it with eyes just as fearful.

"Snap out of it, Jessica! You're taking this too far."

"I'll show you 'too far'. Using me like I was a goddamn e!" Jessica had a more violent approach for Jonghyun. She swished the butcher's knife on his torso and tried to chop it in order to separate it from the lower part of his body. Figuring that it would take some time before she actually got the job done, she just split his body in half using the same butcher's knife that was stained with her and Se Kyung's blood. Jonghyun's head was also chopped off and it rolled like a soccer ball, stopping next to Se Kyung's head. Jessica cackled an evil cackle that could only come from a scorned woman whose soul belonged to the dark.

The song ended and as soon as the singer uttered the last word, Jessica's eyes shot open. Drunk, high, hungry, and tired, Jessica sat up and looked around her. The place was like a tornado. A mess! Sheets were tossed, clothes were scattered. The wounds on Jessica's body multiplied. Jessica sat up and remained in a daze until 7 in the morning. She went on without any sleep.

How was your dream?

"It was ing fantastic!" Jessica said with vile enthusiasm. "Much better than the first. Nothing is greater than seeing them in intense pain!"

See! I told you you were gonna like it!

"I never doubted you one bit."

Very good.

"Now if only you could do something about this mess."

The mess is your responsibility, Jessica. This is your house. I'm just here to spice things up. Just because I'm doing your bidding doesn't mean you can tell me what to do all the time.

"Sorry."

Jonghyun and Se Kyung are in intense pain right now.

"I see they've woken from their sleep. They're feeling pain in their lower abodmen and necks."

Correct. You are one smart girl.

"You know that."

Hmm. Jonghyun and Se Kyung are afraid of you now. They can't even come near you.

"It's because they dreamt of me twice. And not only that, I did very brutal things to them in those two dreams."

Exactly! Now they're a bag of nerves around you. They're ing terrified.

"Well they should be!"

Today's just another day. You have only 4 days left before the taking.

"I can't ing wait for the taking. Should I go to school?"

That depends upon you, Jungsica.

"Jungsica?"

I'll call you whatever the hell I want to call you.

"Alright."

As ugly and messed up as you look right now, I must say you look very hot.

"Thank you. That a compliment?"

Affirmative. You're thinner than ever.

"Great! Saved money!" Jessica checked the clock. It was 7:10 am. She was running late for school but she didn't care. I'll go there anytime I want to, she thought.

[AT SCHOOL]

Se Kyung and Jonghyun met up at the classroom. They were looking tired and scared and scared and tired. Se Kyung still looked pretty and presentable as always and so did Jonghyun (save for his glasses which he decided to wear that day and his braces, not to mention his acne).

"Did you dream of it again?" she whispered.

"Yes."

"What is up with that? What is up with her?" Se Kyung cried.

"I don't know."

"Do you think she's on to us?"

"I have no idea, Se Kyung. It's confusing me so much. Jessica never talked to us, to me since we broke up. And I can't remember her for the life of me coming to us, giving us something or telling us something strange."

"Maybe she cursed us or something."

"Maybe she's just angry with us. Or maybe…"

"What?"

"Maybe I'm just feeling guilty."

"Guilty of what?"

"You know what."

Se Kyung nodded. She was part of this whole thing. She attracted Jonghyun and flirted with him even during his relationship with Jessica because she knew she had to have Jonghyun for herself. She knew Jonghyun better than Jessica. Jessica didn't know about him. She was the one who changed his feelings towards Jessica in the first place, changed it in a way that urged him to just 'use' her. He did use her anyways. It was Se Kyung all along.

It was around 9:40 in the morning, Math Class when the door opened widely with a bang. The force was so strong that even though Jessica didn't really push it open that hard, it made a huge impact. The students whipped around and looked at her with frightened eyes. Jessica smelled of alcohol, cigarettes, and blood; her hair was a mess, and her uniform was stained red with blood. Even the teacher was frightened.

"J-Jessica? Why just now?" Jessica remained cold and silent. She eyed everyone with her large, dark eyes. Those whose gazes met hers froze like stone. She was nearly like Medusa, except for the fact that she didn't have snakes for hair. Jessica sat in her seat and straightened up. She gave everyone the goosebumps.

"I experienced a slight convulsion." she lied. "Didn't mean to ruin your discussion, though."

"You smell of alcohol. Have you been drinking?" Jessica cocked her head and crossed her legs.

"No but you have. Tell me, Ms. Park, " she started. "Are you done with our exam papers?"

"No." Ms. Park answered, trembling. She was surprised at Jessica's extensive knowledge. How did she know that her teacher had been drinking last night.

"Hm. I see. You've been doing some drinking yourself. I don't smell anything, but I smell a hypocrite. A lying hypocrite. You weren't able to check them because you were out at a bar with your friends, getting with different men." Jessica smiled a sly smile. "Am I right?"

"Jessica Jung!" the teacher was now super terrified. Ms. Park blushed a dark shade of red, almost crimson. "WATCH THAT MOUTH OF YOURS!"

"Why should I?" Jessica stood up and talked to the teacher like she was just a schoolyard bully. "Am I not telling the truth? Do you feel guilty?"

"Topics as such should not be brought up!"

"Questions as such should not be asked." Jessica began to walk around the classroom. Her clacking heels scared the crap out of the students who were now crying silently.

"You wouldn't want to know." Jessica muttered under her breath.

"Sit down, please. I will have you expelled."

"Expel me. Go right ahead. Remember," Jessica smiled evilly once more. "You can expel me, but you cannot expel the fact that you cheated on your husband. You cannot expel the fact that evil still lingers in that puny, 5'2" body of yours."

"That's it. I don't-"

"Back. Off." Jessica flashed her palm to her teacher, as if wanting to push her with some mega force ray. Ms. Park did back off. "That's a good woman." Before she knew it, she was leaning helplessly on her table and Jessica Jung had control of the class. She walked around without saying anything. That was all she did. Walk around. Something got in the way of her walking, though. A piece of paper with the words 'JongSica' written on it. Her big, black eyes turned red with anger as she picked it up.

"Who. Wrote. This?" she asked angrily yet coldly. Nobody admitted. "Well? Is anyone going to speak up or am I going to stretch your jaws and fish for the answers?" The entire class trembled. Jessica noticed this and smirked.

"Back then you took me for granted. Tremble in fear now." she cackled. Her cackle was as loud as thunder that she made even the supposedly 'toughest' boys in class cry. Jessica walked over to the front desk and gave Ms. Park the evil eye. Ms. Park stared right through them and refused to move but Jessica decided to scare the teacher away. She forced her eye color to change from red to black to gray to plain white. When the plain white came, Ms. Park shrieked and ran away. Jessica set her eyes back to black. She stood on the table with the piece of paper in her hand.

"JongSica…" she yelled in front of everyone. Her yell was so strong that they felt as if a gust of wind blew their way. "…Is horse!" With those words, she ripped the paper and blood oozed from it. The students screamed even more. The blood wasn't the flowing, liquid-ish blood. Oh no, it was the viscuous, thick, slimy blood that dripped in clumps. The clumps landed on the papers on Ms. Park's desk. The entire class, along with Ms. Park, screamed in unison. Passers-by witnessed this and tried to break into the room. Jessica shot them sharp glances and locked the doors, tightly sealed the windows, switched the lights off and sat on the table. What she did was use her concentration powers. The chairs toppled, the books fell, the floor shook. Most of them were crying now. One brave soul tried to stop Jessica by going near her, begging her to come back to her senses.

"Jessica please…" begged the young girl, walking closer and closer to Jessica. "Stop-"

"Back off!" Jessica pointed at her and sent her flying back to the crowd. If it weren't for her other classmates, Jessica would've killed her by throwing her to the wall. She sobbed in fear and cuddled with her classmates. All Jessica did was laugh and laugh and laugh til she fainted. She fell off the table and sprawled on the floor. Nobody dared go near the body but Ms. Park along with a few brave ones did. Ms. Park checked on Jessica. She lifted her eyelids and saw that she had no pupils. Ms. Park kicked her body aside and crawled back to the class. They watched as Jessica laid there unconscious.

[A FEW HOURS LATER]

"I…" Jessica tried to speak. "Wha-"

"Jessica." Ms. Park said. "I brought you here."

"What happened?"

"Apparently, you had another one of your episodes."

"Episodes?"

"Yes."

"Am I gonna be okay?"

"Of course you are." Ms. Park smiled.

"I don't remember anything."

"We wish we didn't." Ms. Park said. "You really scared the hell out of us."

"What? What did I do?"

"You were talking crazy stuff, you were toppling chairs, you even made a piece of paper bleed for God's sake!"

"Oh. Oh. Oh My God!" Jessica covered . "Am I-"

You don't have to play it coy, Jungsica. You know you are.

"I know I am" she talked to her alter ego in her thoughts

"Yes. We believe you are."

"I know what you're about to say. But I think what happened to you was a bad dream." Jessica knew what would happen next and she feared it. She feared that she wouldn't get her revenge. She feared that the deal would be broken. She feared cowardice.

"I'm positive it wasn't."

"It was just a dream." Jessica was starting to sound agitated again. Ms. Park knew better than to piss Jessica off. Her deal was still on. Piss her off and she'd get angry the way she did earlier.

"Okay."

"So as long as you don't tell anyone, we'll be friends." Jessica smiled.

Out of sheer fright and fear for her life, Ms. Park just agreed.

Jessica smiled grimly at their agreement. Not lasting more than 3 hours in school, she was sent home.