Chapter Two

The Music of the Lucifer

Nighttime came and Jessica was more than excited to begin the ritual. She waited and waited for midnight to arrive and now that it was here, she prepared all the necessary materials. Jessica headed to the room that she shared with Taeyeon and Tiffany and concentrated on her bed, the one in the middle. There, she placed the candles on the four posts of the bed, wound up the music box and placed it on the bed. She remembered the small note that the old lady taped under the box and turned it over.

Can't forget the incantation. Jessica peeled it off the bottom part and unfolded it. She went over the spell and clutched the piece of paper tightly in her hand. Grabbing a match, she lit all four candles and began to say her "little prayer".

Sumeul gotgo chatji mothae naneun

Piharyeogeo asseo bwado

Geobujocha halsu opneun nege gadhyeobeorin nan

Sarangieotdamyon jeongmal saranghaetdon georamyeon naege ireojineun mara

His whisper is the Lucifer.

The Lucifer.

After the incantation, Jessica chanted their names three times, each time louder the the first.

"Kim Jonghyun. Shin Se Kyung."

"Kim Jonghyun. Shin Se Kyung."

The third one was nearly a loud cry or shrill.

"KIM JONGHYUN. SHIN SE KYUNG."

Suddenly, the lights went out. Jessica whipped around and felt her spine tingle. The temperature dropped and the wind blew, slamming the door shut and blowing the light off the candles. It started to scare Jessica a bit but the feeling of rage overcame the feeling of dread and she proceeded with the spell. Jessica removed her slippers and set foot on the icy-cold floor which she could swear was warm earlier. The feeling inside of her became light and it was as if something was dragging her very slowly to the bed. Voices came about in her head and when she was laid carefully on the bed, she took the music box and opened it.

That's when the music started.

Nareul mukgo gadeun damyeon sarangdo mukkin chae

Miraedo mukkin chae

Kojilsu eobtneundae

Ja yurobge biwo noko barabwa

Ojik neoman chae ulgae

Neoman gadeuk chae ulgae.

Without even trying, Jessica fell asleep the minute the song started. But when the second chant came in, something was forcing her to open and follow it.

Geobu halsu eobtneun noye maryeogeun Lucifer

Geobu halsu eobtneun noye mabobeun Lucifer

Dagasomyeon neoneun machi cheonsa gateun eotgullo nareul saneun iyura

Malhago, malhago

That very night, Jonghyun and Se Kyung were in the small unit that they shared, sleeping in the same bed. They both felt the very strong winds that seemed a bit inappropriate for the month as they knew summer was fast approaching, not that they minded it. It was alright for as long as they were together.

Even in their dreams, they were together. But this time, they weren't alone. Jessica Jung was there.

In the dream that the three of them had, Jessica tied them up in a grotesque, prison like room that looked like an underground club. She had with her a knife and a whip. Jonghyun was tied to a post while Se Kyung was tied on a chair.

"Well, if it isn't the new couple of the year. You s are lucky I haven't done anything to you physically. You just wait and see." Jonghyun's teary eyes were looking straight at Jessica's vengeful ones that seemed to change color.

"Jessica, what are you doing?"

"Oh nothing, Jonghyun. Doing a little something I should've done before. You should've known better than to use a woman, you cheating prick!" Jessica played with the whip in her hands. "As a matter of fact, I don't need to come near you to hurt you. It's all in your head." Jessica swung the rope around and whipped Jonghyun, scratching his left cheek. "I should've known better than to trust you. You thought with your and when your decided that this girl wouldn't give it to you, you gave up. You're a prick, a mothering ing asskissing prick!" she whipped him once more, this time with the rope straight on his chest.

Neoreul choeum bwasseul ttae ssalbeun sungan meomchweobaryeotji

Nuga machi nae shimjangeul ggwanjwin chae nohji ahneun geotcheoreom

Ajikkajitdo

Jessica turned her attention to Shin Se Kyung who was helplessly tied to her seat. She cocked her head to the side and smirked as Se Kyung begged to be released.

"We're friends, right? Why do you have to do this to us?"

" you, you flirt! Damn, you had every guy chasing your and you go after this son of a ? I thought you were smarter than that. Turns out you're not as smart as the world thought you were. And you're sleeping with Jonghyun, am I right? Wait til your boyfriend from home finds out about this. You're gonna be one dead !" Jessica took out her Swiss knife and stuck it in her rib before pulling it out again. Se Kyung let out a loud howl of pain like a dog that was just butchered.

"Please just stop. We're not doing anything to you. Please…" was her merciful cry. Jessica-who was hurt and angry-had no mercy.

Neoneun geureokhae nae mami dadadadadada gajyeo noko

Niga eobseumyeon nae mami da tabeorige mandeunda

Nareul mukgo gadeundamyeon sarangdo mukkin chae

Miraedo mukkin chae kojilsu eobtneundae

Ja yurobge biwo noko barabwa

Ojik neoman chae ulgae noman gadeuk chae ulgae

Loverholic Robotronic Loverholic Robotronic

Jessica was still deep in her slumber when the candles suddenly lit up once more. The temperature dropped and she felt herself float but the weird thing about it was, she didn't seem to care. Yes, she felt it. No, she didn't care. Jessica was too lost in her dreams, owned by the pleasure of giving pain to those who pained her to even care about her body levitating.

"Please Jessica, I'm sorry for what I did to you. I wish I had told you earlier…" Jonghyun begged.

"Say sorry to your ." Jessica said and lashed her whip at him. Meanwhile, Se Kyung was in the other corner bleeding from the side. She wailed in pain as she was losing a lot of blood already.

"Jessica, we don't deserve this! You're crazy!" Jessica heard this and turned to Se Kyung's direction. Se Kyung looked at Jessica with frightened doe eyes, staring straight into her eyes that seemed to change in color. From blue to brown to red. Red. That's where it stopped. She walked closer and closer toward Se Kyung and pulled out another knife.

" if you don't stop wailing, I'm gonna cut your ing tongue." she threatened. "You don't know crazy til you see it, my dear."

"Jessica please! We're not in a relationship! You're taking this-" Jessica was clearly annoyed with Se Kyung's persistent begging and wailing that she walked to her and slightly cut her neck. This made the white young lady screech in pain.

"Scream for me!" Jessica yelled.

Neowa gati nanun sarangyegideul

Narang gateun goseul barabonun neo

Uri deo isangbun wanbyeokhaejil su eobtdago neukkyeosseul ddae

Naman chyeodabwa neonun deo deo deo deo deo nareul wonhae

Naman barabwa modun ge ge ge ge ge niga jungsim

The malevolent force that was holding Jessica in the air let her down roughly on the bed, nearly slamming her. It didn't wake her up as the spell was too strong. The spirit moved on Jessica's body, controlling her arms and legs. It appeared as if Jessica was having a seizure with the twisting, turning, and twitching. She looked like a contortionist with the weird positions that the spirit was putting her in but miraculously, she felt no pain. Jessica let out a couple of groans, though.

Jonghyun and Se Kyung on the other hand couldn't stop tossing and turning in bed. They felt something disturbing them in their sleep, preventing them from being in peace. Jonghyun complained of body pains and Se Kyung tried to tell Jonghyun that was all dry and itchy. Maybe those were the effects of the torture in the dream. Jonghyun wanted to wake up but he couldn't. Unfortunately, so did Se Kyung.

Eonjeboteonga jogeumssik jalmotdoen geot gata

Isang han neo

Nal aldeon saramdeul modu hana dulssik gyeotul ddeona

Nan gajin ge neobbonigo

Nareul mukgo gadeundamyeon sarangdo mukkin chae

Miraedo mukkin chae kojilsu eobtneundae

Ja yurobge biwo noko barabwa

Ojik neoman chae ulgae noman gadeuk chae ulgae

Se Kyung was really puzzled with the appreance of Jessica in her dream but if there was someone who was more hurt, it was Jonghyun. He remembered the way he broke up with Jessica and thought that it could be her way of getting even with him or it could be a sign that she was about to exact revenge on them. Either way, he didn't know. All they knew was that the dream was full of torture and rage that could only come from a scorned woman.

Machi yuri seonge gatyeobeorin bbi e roman doen geot gata

Jeolde manjok eobtneun neorul wihae choomeul chooneun nan

Hwonhi deulyeoda bogo noireul manjok babo doen geot gata

Nan jeomjeon nege kkeulryeonganeun geotman gateunde

The spirit forced Jessica's right hand to her neck and made her scratch herself. Long scars were produced on her neck with blood spilling from them. Same thing was done on her legs and her arms, later on her face. Still, Jessica was numb to all the pain.

Loverholic Robotronic Loverholic Robotronic

Niga muin geon anya shildan geoteo anya

Danji geureon nunbichi budamil ppun

Eodi anga ireokhae nan noman barabogo kidaryeo watjanha

Back in the dream, Jessica released Jonghyun and Se Kyung. The two were severly hurt but relieved. Jessica wasn't done with them, though. It was only the beginning. With her long whip, she whipped them hard making them fall flat on their chests on the floor.

"You think I'm done with you two?" Jessica stood up straight and with her ex-boyfriend and his friend (or as far as she knew, his new girlfriend) flat on their chests, she used her stilletoes to walk on their backs, piercing them and making sure the heels sink deep into their backs and break their spines. The two of them screamed as blood squirted everywhere. She made Jonghyun and Se Kyung roll over by the force of the whip and did the same thing, trampling them with her heels and even jumping on them. With that, they died on the spot.

Neoui nunbichi nal sarojabda nali jinalsurok nalkaroweojyeotdaNeoeui jibchake jichyeotda manhi be eotda mame piga nandaNa sseureojil Jjeum doimyeon dagawaseo cheonsagati "saranghae"ran malNu ga jinjja neoyeotneunji aldagado haetgallige mandeunda

Nareul mukgo gadeundamyeon sarangdo mukkin chae

Miraedo mukkin chae kojilsu eobtneundae

Ja yurobge biwo noko barabwa

Ojik neoman chae ulgae noman gadeuk chae ulgae

The song was just about to end and Jessica hadn't woken up yet. She was still fast asleep, savoring every minute of revenge. If it weren't for the demon that was going to drag her to hell, she would go on with this dream forever. The two may not be enjoying it but you bet your she was!

Machi yuri seonge gadyeobeorin bbi e roman doen geot gata

Nareul naebdwo jayureowo jil ddae neoreul jinjja saranghal su itgo

Hwonhi deulyeodabogo noireul manjyeo babo deon geot gata

Nareul naebdwo jilrigedo amalgo neorul jinja barabol su itge

Nareul mukgo gadeundamyeon sarangdo mukkin chae

Miraedo mukkin chae kojilsu eobtneundae

Loverholic robotronic Loverholic robotronic

The song was about to end and something creepy was going on in the room. Jessica was standing on the bed and about to fall when her eyes shot open and a great surprise overcame her when she saw herself standing on the edge of the bed.

Geobu halsu eobtneun noye maryeokeun Lucifer

The song ended. The candles went out and Jessica shrieked. She sat on the bed and backed away from the edge, pulling her knees up to her chest and hugging them. A great surprise greeted her when she saw her arms and legs.

"What the ?" she asked herself. "Did I do this or did I do this?"

I did. answered a sly voice in her head. Jessica leaned back on the headboard.

"Who the is talking in my head?"

It's your inner evil, Jessica. Your ritual provoked me. It woke me up.

"So who exactly are you?"

I'm you, you imbecile! It's Jessica Jung in her most evil form. All the evil things you never knew you could do, can come true with me.

"The you saying?"

The I'm saying is, if you want to achieve your revenge, just talk to me and follow my lead.

"What do you have planned for them?" asked Jessica. She was seriously starting to creep herself out, talking to herself when she knew she was the only person in the house.

Your dreams will reveal. Just keep doing the routine.

"What'll happen if I don't complete the routine?"

That. spoke her inner voice with a hint of sternness, is something you wouldn't want to do.

"O-okay."

That's a bad girl. You don't have to worry about other people, Jessica. You don't need other people. I'll be your friend. Isn't it said that we are our own best friends? Well, you've found yours ahead of others.

Jessica could feel the 'alter-ego' of hers smile slyly once more and it forced her to smile slyly, too. It was now that she felt the controlling power of her alter ego and some part of her knew that she was going to like its company.

[LATER THAT DAY]

Jessica didn't get any sleep since performing the routine. If anything, she felt entirely different. Not much changed in her but something didn't look right. Jessica looked into the mirror and saw an entirely different girl. Her face was scarred and her hair was a mess. She noticed that her face became paler than the usual honey color and her lips lost their color, looking very thin. Jessica looked a bit wasted and drugged, very different from the Jessica that looked very pretty each time Jonghyun would come to her. This Jessica was the Jessica after the storm. And the Jessica with a newfound friend.

Herself.

So Jessica took a quick shower and put her uniform on. Without brushing or even drying her hair, Jessica dashed out of the house with her backpack on her bag. As soon as she got out, her eyes looked from side to side, glinting. They were red and had light blue circles underneath, proof of lack of sleep. Jessica didn't care though. What was important to her at the moment was to get to school and see how Jonghyun and Se Kyung were.

At school, Jessica shot paranoid glances at everyone she saw. The people reciprocated the weird stares because they noticed that Jessica was looking rather different from the Jessica they knew. Not that she cared, though. THe young lady walked to her locker to grab some things when the inner Jessica spoke to her once more.

Hey, close your locker and check out who's coming. Jessica did as instructed and true enough, Shin Se Kyung and Jonghyun were walking down the hallway with scared looks on their faces.

"Hm. Must've worked." Jessica muttered to the voice inside of her. In order to stay humane and decent, and in order for her to not to appear bitter, she civilly said hi to Se Kyung. Se Kyung smiled weakly at her and turned away, a sign that she was afraid. The dream of Jessica torturing them really made a mark in her mind and traumatized her to the point that she couldn't even look Jessica in the eyes.

Of course it did, stupid! I'm the all powerful.

"I believe in you." Jessica blurted, smirking.

You better. You didn't call me for nothing!

"I know. Thanks for making their lives hell, though. I mean, for starting to make their lives hell."

It's all part of the job. They're traumatized because of the dream. They can't even look at you! Now you're feeling my power. They're feeling it, too but the difference is, it's working great for you, not for them.

"You're doing a pretty good job." Jessica said. Students passing by were shooting glances at her, overhearing her conversation with herself.

No I'm not. We are doing a pretty good job. If it weren't for your rage and desire to do evil on people who did you wrong, I wouldn't be here. I wouldn't have awoken. You're not so bad for an ex-good girl.

"I like that. Ex-good girl."

Of course you do. It's what you are.

"Hey, how long are you staying with me?"

For as long as it takes. If I have to stay with you til you hit the grave, no ing problem.

The last statement gave Jessica the creeps. Goosebumps crawled all over her body and sent a cold chill down her spine. She didn't really like the idea of having a voice talking in her head till she hits her deathbed.

"Oh. Then. That's…that's great!" Jessica said with pretentious interest.

Sure it is. Oh wait, here comes Jonghyun. Don't say hi to him. Observe him. Jessica saw Jonghyun all smiles, as usual. She raised an eyebrow and turned her Ice Princess game on. She refused to say hello to Jonghyun, let alone look him in the eye but she tried to look at him using her peripheral vision. Lack of sleep and pain were written all over his body. Jonghyun didn't look so well, with the frequent rubbing of his back and pressing of his stomach.

"Damn it hurts." Jonghyun uttered to himself. Jessica heard it an flashed a sly smile.

"We did it."

You see that! That's what anger can do.

"Later tonight again?"

Until your anger is all dead and gone.

In Science class, Jessica's head started throbbing. She rubbed it a bit and within a few minutes, the pain subsided thus enabling her to concentrate on the lessons. Classmates and friends began to wonder why she was looking so different that day. Like she hadn't had any sleep for days. Jessica's face aged a bit with dark circles starting to appear underneath her eyes and her complexion going from honey to pale. After a while, Jessica started to feel sleepy but something pinched her awake.

The headache came back more powerful than ever.

"Arrghh…" Jessica groaned softly so as not to let the others know what was happening to her. "What the is this you're doing to me?" she asked her ego.

I'm just reminding you that you're working with a demon, Jessica. It's not all peaches and cream for you. You win some, you lose some. Give and take.

"Goddamn you!" Jessica muttered under her breath but it was loud enough for her seatmate to hear.

"Are you okay? You've been talking to yourself?" asked her seatmate. That seatmate of hers now wanted to take back what he said after seeing Jessica's glinting, angry eyes that seemed to get larger and larger.

"Can you please not ask any questions. What I'm going through right now is none of your damn business." she said as calmly as possible though her blood was boiling.

"I'm…I'm…" the seatmate wasn't stuttering. He actually finished the entire sentence. It was just that Jessica began to hear a thumping sound in her head and it made her go deaf as it was all she heard.

"Ex…cuse…m…me?" her speech began to slurr. This is when the seatmate got really scared and told the teacher about it. Jessica then fainted and fell to the floor, causing huge pandemonium amongst her classmates. She lay on the floor with her hair a mess and her eyes shut. She sat up 3 minutes later and looked around her. The faces were all blurry. She couldn't see a thing. All she saw was…

Herself. In black form. Looking very different, yet beautiful. That form of hers was dressed in black with straight brown hair. The eyes were deep and dark and that's when Jessica decided that she was even more able when evil.

Jessica fainted once more and her classmates tried to bring her to the school clinic. Everyone was shouting, panicking and some were crying. As if that wasn't enough, Jessica began to her body up and down, tossing and turning. Jessica shot back awake and uttered the first line of the chant.

Geobu halsu eobtneun noye maryeokeun Lucifer

That's when everybody went nuts. The teacher-who was close to peeing in her -tried to stay calm and control everyone but the incident was just so terrifying that she couldn't help but shake each time she moved.

"She's possessed! She's freaking possessed!" yelled a female classmate.

"She's not possessed! She's just having a short convulsion. Take her to the clinic."

Curse all those who lie

Leave no one behind

In bed you will die

In hell you will fry

This chant that Jessica uttered sealed the fright in them. The teacher refused to believe that a demon was taking over her best English student so she told them to call the nurse and the school doctor so medicine could be administered. The students rushed down the hallways and panic ignited the entire 4th year level. Pretty soon, other students from other levels began to feel scared, too.

"Wake up. Wake up…Jessica wake up!" the teacher said. Jessica opened her eyes and saw that she was in the clinic lying on the bed. The nurses and doctors checked on her.

"What happened?" she rubbed her head which was still painful. Her classmates were right outside the clinic, peering through the door's glass window.

"You experienced a seizure." the nurse said. "But it's all over now. However, we're going to send you home to take a rest."

"We'll contact your parents. Can you give us their number?" the doctor asked.

"I don't live with them." Jessica said. "And I think that wouldn't be necessary because I'm feeling better now."

"Your seizure could come back, you know. And if that happens, we need to be ready. And it doesn't hurt to get it checked right?"

Jessica didn't listen to any of this health bull because she herself knew what was going on. She wasn't sick. Her classmates were right. Her demonic alter ego was taking the better of her.

And if it meant killing Jonghyun and Se Kyung and sending them to hell, she loved every single second of that epileptic episode.

"What happened to me exactly?" her seatmate stepped forward and explained to her everything that happened.

"It started with you experiencing a really bad headache. Then you started talking to yourself. I asked you what was wrong but you didn't seem to hear me. All of a sudden, you fainted and that's when the convulsions started. Not only that, you uttered some words, too. You really scared the hell out of us."

"Uttered?" Jessica looked at him puzzled. "What did I say?"

"Something." the seatmate confessed that he didn't quite comprehend what came out of . "I don't remember what exactly or what it meant but all I remember is the Lucifer."

"Lucifer…" Jessica whispered thinly.

"Do you have a history of mental illness in your family? Because this could be causing the words. It could be psychosis." the doctor said in an effort to calm the students down. Demon or mental illness, it was scary either way.

"I don't know." she answered meekly. "I would like to go home now." The doctor nodded and gave her a bottle of pills. Jessica took it in her hand and read it.

Down it tonight. Before you do your ritual.

"Before I do it?" Jessica suddenly said. The class clustered together in fear.

"She's been talking to herself a lot." said one classmate

"Go home now and rest." Jessica stood from the bed and eyed them. She looked each and every single person in the clinic in the eye. Her alter ego spoke to her in a controlling manner, forcing her to open . Jessica stoically walked out of the clinic in a daze and left. The students avoided her as she passed and were only met by sharp, demonic stares. Something told them that it wasn't Jessica staring right through them sharply. It was something inside of Jessica.