Mystery Boy

HEIR OF DESTINY

BEEPPPPP!

I wake up breathing hard and feeling sweaty. It was just a dream, yet it felt so real. I take a deep breath and wipe the sweat that was on my face. I look at my alarm clock beside the bed. My eyes widen then quickly jumping from the bed, to go and get ready. I rush downstairs to look for my grandma.

I look around the living room, but she wasn’t there. Where could she be? Ah maybe in the kitchen. I sprint to the kitchen only to find an empty kitchen. I groan. Where could she be? I look around the kitchen and in the corner of my eye a yellow sticky note was on the fridge getting my attention.

This wasn’t here before. I walk towards it and grab it.

My Dear,
I’m just letting you know that I’m going to the market to buy a few things and maybe something for us to eat for dinner and don’t worry I’ll be back soon. Have fun at school today and take care ok honey.

Love from Your awesome grandma

I laugh at what she wrote at the end. That’s my grandma alright.

Now that I know where she is I don’t have to worry. I jog back up to my room to grab my bag and keys then jogging back down to get my shoes then head out the door.

I walk on the side path enjoying the sunshine on my face. I stop walking as I past a café shop and walk back feeling hungry. I walk in and look around; it was not really packed which was good because if it was I would be late. I order my food and in an instant my order was done, I grab it and walk towards the door thinking of ways on how to open the door with two occupied hands, which is hard.

The door opens with the wind hitting my face causing me to close my eyes.

“Seriously if you wanted to kiss me you could have told me yesterday” I open my eyes only to see uh what’s his name again? Oh yeah Luhan. He bends down to my ear and whispers “no need to do it in public. I mean we just met yesterday so we need to keep it on the down low, you never know where the paparazzi could be hiding you know what I’m sayin” he leans back staring at me with a smirk on his lips.

Really out of all people in the world, I scoff. “Seriously does your ego get any bigger and paparazzi? Please the only paparazzi’s here are the ones stalking you, which are majority all girls and just to confirm I’m not one of them.” I say mimicking his voice, raising my brow.

He looks at me with a hurt look, “ouch that really hurt my feelings. It’s not my fault I have incredibly good looks, I mean just look at this billion dollar face and tell me who wouldn’t want to stalk me?” he says pointing to his face. Me I guess? – I roll my eyes, what is up with this guy? Seriously does he have mood swing problems?

I decide that if I continue to talk to him he will only drive me crazy. I walk past him and push the door with my foot, walking out of the café shop. Yes freedom!

“WAIT!” Great just when I thought I was free. What does he want now? I stop and look back. “What! I have to go, I’m late for school” I shout as he runs towards me.

“Can I walk wi-“

“No” I say knowing exactly what he was going to say. I turn around and start walking again slightly hearing his footsteps just behind me.

“Please?” he says, walking the same pace as me.

“No” I walk a bit faster.

“Oh come on we’re basically going the same direction”

“No”

“Prewty Pleaseeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee!”

“Arhhh okay! Only if you promise not to talk to me on the way” I shout feeling frustrated hearing his annoying voice constantly all the time. It’s killing my ears and surprisingly I haven’t gone deaf yet.

“Okay I promise” he says childishly skipping beside me.

How weird can this guy get? I shake my head unable to say anything.

We finally reach the school gates just before the bells rings, running to the school halls.

“Well, it was nice walking with you, I had fun. See you around” he quickly gives me a wink before running off into a different direction. I’m glad that’s over. I look down to my wrist watch. Sharks, I’m late, I run to my classroom and stop checking the number room to see if I had the right class.

6A, I look up to see 6A on the door. Yep this is the class. I open the door and walk in.

“Why are you late again Chanyeol I th-“the teacher pauses when she sees me enter the room then looks back at the boy “I’ll let you go but next time you won’t be so lucky. Go back to your seat” she says in a harsh tone then she turns to me with a smile on her face. WOW, she changes her facials so fast. Better watch out for this one.

She pushes her glasses up looking at me in the eye. “Ah I see Mi cha right” she says in a soft voice.

“Uh yep” I say smiling

She claps her hands together smiling at me “wonderful introduce yourself to the class.” What do I say? “Go on dear just say your name” she adds nodding her head for me to speak.

“U-uh hi everyone, my name is Park Mi Cha hope I get to meet you all” I say looking to the ground feeling shy.

“HI MI CHA” I look up to see half of the class greeting me. I smile feeling happy that some of my class mates were nice.

“Well it’s great to meet you Mi Cha and I hope you enjoy the rest of your year here-”

“Whatever can we just go on with class” a boy from the back shouts

The teacher gazes to the back looking furious, “Chanyeol detention after school for inappropriate manners”

The boy shrugs “Whatever. It’s not like I haven’t been in detention” WOW rude much?

“CHANYEOL this is your last warning” she was beyond furious, she looked like she was going to shoot red lasers through the guy.

This time the boy doesn’t say anything and the teacher seems pleased with it too.

The teacher gives me a small smile, “I’m sorry you had to see that. You can take a seat at the back and next time don’t be late okay. I do not tolerate tardiness” she says resuming with whatever she was teaching the class.

I slowly walk down to the back of the class and take the only empty seat that was available which occurs to be next to the boy who came late to class, talking back to the teacher and also happens to be the one who left me without apologising. Some nice guy he was.

 I sit down and hold my hand out “Um hi my name is Mi Cha, Chanyeol is it? We’ve met before but we kind of got off the wrong track when we first met” I politely say hoping he’ll accept my kind gesture.

He looks at me with an emotionless face. “Yeah whatever” he says in a monotone voice looking back to the front, ignoring my hand.

Ouch that hurt. I pull my hand back scratching the back of my head just to make it look like I didn’t get rejected.

Boys with mood swings are weird these days. I just don’t get them.

The bell rings for lunch. I grab my books and literally make a run for it, eager to avoid the teeming halls.

I run as fast as my feet would take me. I turn my head to see if any of the students were coming out and thankfully there wasn't. That was close. I left out a breath of relief and turn my head back only to bump into another body. Why is this happening to me!?