First Day

HEIR OF DESTINY

 “GRANDMA” I shout looking around the hall way. I turn to where the kitchen is wondering if she was there. “Grandma please come here I have to go to Uni soon and I don’t want to be late” I yell a bit louder hoping she heard.

You see the thing is my grandma likes to wonder off in the mornings which worries me since she is quite old, ok scratch that she was old and I mean really old, I don’t even know where she gets all her energy from.

I began to start packing my stuff since I was going to be late while my grandma is still wondering around the house somewhere.  I grab my keys and turn around to open the door and head out.

I block the sun from my face while trying to get into the car, when a gust of cold fresh wind blew past me making me shiver. ‘Gosh that was cold I swear it was just sunning not long ago, arhh now I have to go back inside’. I ran back straight inside the house to grab my jacket since the weather changed so suddenly.

I grab my jacket then turn around bumping into someone then falling onto the ground f. ‘owww now I’m going to have a sore back’ rubbing my to ease the pain from the hard fall. I look up and I swear I thought I saw my spirit leave my body. Ok a bit too dramatic. But what was my grandma doing in front of my door so sudden.

“Grandma what are you doing are you alright, you not hurt or anything are you” I say looking at my grandma with concern.

She looks behind me, “Huh oh yes of course dear, sorry I just wasn’t paying attention on where I was going “she says looking a bit distracted.

“Are you sure” I say looking hesitant

She gives me a warm smile “Of course don’t worry yourself dear plus it’s your first day, wouldn’t want to be late on your first now would you”. Oh I almost forgot I had uni I guess I was too occupied with my grandmother’s health. I glance at my watch that read 8:45 which meant I only had fifteen minutes to get there before I was late for my first class.

I give my grandma a worry look unsure if weather I should go or stay and look after her.

She gives me an reassuring smile that meant she would be alright nevertheless I walk towards her and hug her then give her a quick kiss on the forehead just to make sure she was okay, “please don’t wear yourself we both know how you like to go for long walks but please take care of yourself okay, I’ll be here as soon as my classes finish” I say giving her a assuring smile. I turn to leave towards the door, turning back again just to check if she was doing fine then head out the door.

 I put my jacket on and got into the car then drove off in a hurry hoping I’d make it in time.                 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As I got there I saw my old school beside it. It brought back great and not so great memories as I thought back.

I lock my car and run towards the entrance of Academy High grabbing out my schedule from my bag. Hmmm now where do I find class 123, walking and looking at my schedule hoping I would find it before class started.

I look up from my schedule meeting a pair of beautiful eyes staring back at me, not knowing my legs kept moving towards him.

I SMACK into him falling onto the concrete floor making me flinch in pain on my back.

“Hey are you alright, here take my hand” he says incredulous. Great I made a fool out of myself on the first day well done Mi Cha.

 I look up to see his muscular hand offering to give me a hand, then all of a sudden as if my arm had a mind of it’s own, my arm went un-cautiously gripping his hand to help pull me off the ground.

“Thanks” I mumbled looking away feeling a bit shameful

“Are you alright” he says getting my attention.

 “Huh” I mumble gazing into his eyes forgetting how to even talk.  “Ahem I’m alright thanks” I say quickly wiping the drool from my mouth.

“Ah okay cool then see ya” he says turning his back to me walking away not even glancing back to check if I was okay.

To think he was even nice gosh what was I thinking, wait he didn’t even apologise humph if I see him again I’m going to- to- to arrhh I don’t even know gosh I at being mean. Omg I’m so going to be late. I started running towards my class with hopes of making it there in time.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

BRINNNNNNNNNNNGGGGGGGG!

Yay I just made it to the door before the bell went.

I quickly walk inside class quietly hoping no one would notice I just there.  I bob my head down looking for my seat.

SMACK! Ow  ow ow that’s going to leave a mark I whisper  rubbing my forehead in pain. I look around feeling all eyes on me. This can’t be happening. With everyone just witnessing this I wish the ground would just swallow me right now or maybe even be struck by lightning so I can be humiliated no more and just die in peace.

As if I just have been struck by wisdom lightning three options ran through my head in a flash.

First option: fall to the ground and pretend I fainted. No that won’t work since I can’t keep my eyes close and if I do I won’t be able to stop my eyes from fluttering.

Second option: pretend that I came to the wrong class. Okay that was lame since this is my class and the teacher just called out my name.

Third option: fake a bad head ache and hobble away from the class to go get a first aid kit for my forehead since it was bleeding quite a bit and also do it now if you want to keep what’s left of your pride. Wow I come up with great ideas when I hit my head maybe I should hit it more often *note the sarcasm*.

I quickly peep up gulping only to realise everyone is still staring at me. I got up and held my head as if it hurt really badly, which really did, I mean why wouldn’t it be. “Um sir could I please be excused to go to the nursery room” I say in voice hoping it would work.

“Of cause, you must have hurt your head pretty bad” he says looking concerned.

Yes it worked. Ouch I think I was a bit too happy.

I walk out the door quietly to look for the nursery room and not to waste time I start to run. While I kept running I saw a sign saying ‘nursery room’, I then start running towards it not realising the door suddenly swung open towards my direction.

BANG! All I could see now was a blur vision. “Hey are you okay there” I hear a voice say or maybe I was just hearing things, then everything went completely black.